Subliminal Talk

Full Version: OFv2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have FINALLY got around to starting this sub. Today was my first day of listening.
I listed to Hybrid flac through earbuds on my galaxy a20.
I started off at volume 11/15 but lowered to 10/15 then to 9/15 throughout the loops, this was not because of the ultrasonic bothering me, but because I was not falling asleep and thought maybe it was due to the volume being too loud.
The ultrasonic part did not bother me at any of those volumes, I hardly even noticed it.

Im having obsessive thoughts regarding my phone. Im thinking of trading it in for a newer, more expensive one just in case this one isnt reproducing the audio good enough. My earbuds pass the speaker test but the sound is quieter compared to on my wifes iPhone. I don't know if that means anything. 

As for results/effects, nothing out of the ordinary to report.
(02-20-2021, 01:37 PM)London1 Wrote: [ -> ]I have FINALLY got around to starting this sub. Today was my first day of listening.
I listed to Hybrid flac through earbuds on my galaxy a20.
I started off at volume 11/15 but lowered to 10/15 then to 9/15 throughout the loops, this was not because of the ultrasonic bothering me, but because I was not falling asleep and thought maybe it was due to the volume being too loud.
The ultrasonic part did not bother me at any of those volumes, I hardly even noticed it.

Im having obsessive thoughts regarding my phone. Im thinking of trading it in for a newer, more expensive one just in case this one isnt reproducing the audio good enough. My earbuds pass the speaker test but the sound is quieter compared to on my wifes iPhone. I don't know if that means anything. 

As for results/effects, nothing out of the ordinary to report.

What is this earbud test??
It's not recommended to use the speaker test or ultrasonic at all on headphones or earbuds. Only masked, and the test is only for ultrasonic.

This is because it's too easy to mess up the volume seeing that you can't hear it consciously, and having it too high may damage hearing, too low reduces effectiveness.
(02-20-2021, 02:52 PM)Benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]It's not recommended to use the speaker test or ultrasonic at all on headphones or earbuds. Only masked, and the test is only for ultrasonic.

This is because it's too easy to mess up the volume seeing that you can't hear it consciously, and having it too high may damage hearing, too low reduces effectiveness.

I use hybrid on earphones but only sometimes.  I keep the volume somewhat low but not low enough to where you can’t hear it. 

I usually play it from my phone speaker at night
Hybrid isn't as bad as you can consciously hear the masked part. Shannon wrote about that below.

https://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-Hybri...Headphones
London1 how is OF going with you?
(03-20-2021, 05:58 AM)Med Wrote: [ -> ]London1 how is OF going with you?

Hey thanks for asking.
Well I consider my official start date to be around March 6th and not the date of the first post of this thread due to skipping days.

Nothing at all to report so far unfortunately.
(03-23-2021, 07:02 PM)London1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2021, 05:58 AM)Med Wrote: [ -> ]London1 how is OF going with you?

Hey thanks for asking.
Well I consider my official start date to be around March 6th and not the date of the first post of this thread due to skipping days.

Nothing at all to report so far unfortunately.

Hey my friend, I started 13 March and after a month there was nothing with ultrasonic, then I changed to masked, let's see what happens.
Update:
So its been almost two months on this sub consistently (only one day skipped) and nothing at all really in terms of results.
I'm still the same way. Still scared of everything, still affected by negativity, still worried to death about what others think. Still awkard and self conscious, avoidance behaviours etc.

My usage patterns have been as follows:

High end sennheiser earbuds on Samsung galaxy A20:
Week 1: 12/15 3loops
Week 2: 12/15 4 loops
Week 3: 13/15 3 loops
Week 4: 13/15 4 loops
Week 5: 14/15 3 loops
Week 6 : 14/15 4 loops.

All US format

Im now back on 12/15 with an adjusted frequency. My earbuds are adjustable bass, I dont know if this affects the frequency response.
I was getting crackling only at certain notches on the volume spectrum but after playing with the adjustable bass I noticed the crackling at those volumes gone.

I know you may dissaprove of the US format on earbuds but its the only choice I had really, I cant use speakers as I have an infant and I cant really use masked because I have to talk to people and I wont hear them and they will get mad.
The US on earbuds hasnt affected or bothered my ears at all.

@Shannon
What do you think may be the issue? Could my phone be bad and not be transmitting the audio to my earbuds correct?
Wrong bass setting on earbuds?
Wrong format?

I spent money on these earbuds hoping to get maximum effectiveness.
Despite all that I still want to try v3
One thing you'll be told is not to use Bluetooth, because it can't be guaranteed that the conversion doesn't cause loss of the subliminal audio.

In the past, I had used Bluetooth exclusively, and experienced results. But then again, I've experienced great results with most (if not all) of IML subliminals.

I now either play subs off of my Samsung Galaxy S9 speakers, or using wired Cozy Phones (aka cheaper Sleep Phones).
Can't you just listen overnight on earbuds?
When I use earbuds while sleeping, I use Phillips SHQ3200 sport earbuds. They wrap around your ear which helps keep them in position. I have a 6ft cable as an extension so I don't roll over in my sleep and jerk my phone off my bedside table. I place this cable under my pillow with some extra slack to make sure I don't get anything in a bind. I've also taught myself to cup my ear when I roll onto my side. This also helps to keep the earbuds in position so the volume remains as consistent as possible. The earbuds and cable are reasonably priced and you can find them on Amazon.

If using earbuds, I would try Hybrid instead of straight Ultrasonic. I know you've heard it before, but the Ultrasonic, by itself, over earbuds is a little bit risky since you can't consciously hear it. Although the Hybrid has Ultrasonic mixed in, you can at least hear it if the volume is too loud.

Reading all the way back to your first post, OFv2 is affecting you. Your trouble falling asleep is evidence of that. I have the same problem. Also, I tend to feel more vulnerable and exposed with these types of programs. E1, E2, and OFv2 have all had the effect on me to varying degrees. Imagine a glass of dirty water that sits for a day or more. The sediment settles to the bottom and sits there while the upper portion of the water is clean and clear. Then one day, you take a spoon and stir it all up. Now, the clean, clear water is dirty and murky. OFv2 is probably stirring the the fears so they can be brought up from the depths of your subconscious for processing and elimination. It can be a little intense at times, especially if you're already a very anxious person. Once the fears and the sources of those fears are handled, all of that will be a thing of the past. Hang in there and keep going.
(04-30-2021, 02:20 AM)London1 Wrote: [ -> ]Update:
So its been almost two months on this sub consistently (only one day skipped) and nothing at all really in terms of results.
I'm still the same way. Still scared of everything, still affected by negativity, still worried to death about what others think. Still awkard and self conscious, avoidance behaviours etc.

My usage patterns have been as follows:

High end sennheiser earbuds on Samsung galaxy A20:
Week 1: 12/15 3loops
Week 2: 12/15 4 loops
Week 3: 13/15 3 loops
Week 4: 13/15 4 loops
Week 5: 14/15 3 loops
Week 6 : 14/15 4 loops.

All US format

Im now back on 12/15 with an adjusted frequency. My earbuds are adjustable bass, I dont know if this affects the frequency response.
I was getting crackling only at certain notches on the volume spectrum but after playing with the adjustable bass I noticed the crackling at those volumes gone.

I know you may dissaprove of the US format on earbuds but its the only choice I had really, I cant use speakers as I have an infant and I cant really use masked because I have to talk to people and I wont hear them and they will get mad.
The US on earbuds hasnt affected or bothered my ears at all.

@Shannon
What do you think may be the issue? Could my phone be bad and not be transmitting the audio to my earbuds correct?
Wrong bass setting on earbuds?
Wrong format?

I spent money on these earbuds hoping to get maximum effectiveness.
Despite all that I still want to try v3

First of all... you're forgetting a specific quirk of earbuds, which is, they're IN your ear.  That means you NEVER use the same volume you would use if you were running on speakers, just as you don't when you're running on headphones.  The closer the source of the sound is to your eardrums, the more you need to reduce the volume to compensate simply because volume drops off at the square of the distance from the source!

In other words, if you move the source of the audio closer to your eardrums, it will effectively get louder because the distance is reduced.  This is partly mitigated by the fact that the speaker is smaller and less powerful as it is reduced in size - but this doesn't change the fact that you must adjust for this anyway!

Therefore, you are almost certainly using it at way too high a volume for earbuds.

Next, we have the issue of too high a volume and using Ultrasonic on earbuds.  You may not be getting tinnitus, but it's a good bet you are degrading your hearing by doing this, using earbuds, at this volume.  It may not becoe obvious right away, but it's a good bet you are, and eventually you'll pay for it.

So the solution is...

Either use the current volumes and don't use earbuds, or use earbuds and use a different format, or, if you absolutely must use earbuds and ultrasonic, then use the ocean surf track to set the volume to a comfortable level and then drop it by an additional notch and use that volume for US.
(04-30-2021, 09:27 AM)NOMAD Wrote: [ -> ]When I use earbuds while sleeping, I use Phillips SHQ3200 sport earbuds. They wrap around your ear which helps keep them in position. I have a 6ft cable as an extension so I don't roll over in my sleep and jerk my phone off my bedside table. I place this cable under my pillow with some extra slack to make sure I don't get anything in a bind. I've also taught myself to cup my ear when I roll onto my side. This also helps to keep the earbuds in position so the volume remains as consistent as possible. The earbuds and cable are reasonably priced and you can find them on Amazon.

If using earbuds, I would try Hybrid instead of straight Ultrasonic. I know you've heard it before, but the Ultrasonic, by itself, over earbuds is a little bit risky since you can't consciously hear it. Although the Hybrid has Ultrasonic mixed in, you can at least hear it if the volume is too loud.

Reading all the way back to your first post, OFv2 is affecting you. Your trouble falling asleep is evidence of that. I have the same problem. Also, I tend to feel more vulnerable and exposed with these types of programs. E1, E2, and OFv2 have all had the effect on me to varying degrees. Imagine a glass of dirty water that sits for a day or more. The sediment settles to the bottom and sits there while the upper portion of the water is clean and clear. Then one day, you take a spoon and stir it all up. Now, the clean, clear water is dirty and murky. OFv2 is probably stirring the the fears so they can be brought up from the depths of your subconscious for processing and elimination. It can be a little intense at times, especially if you're already a very anxious person. Once the fears and the sources of those fears are handled, all of that will be a thing of the past. Hang in there and keep going.

Not quite.  In your analogy, the dirt and detritus are simply "active" or "passive".  In reality, the fears and causes for those fears not only behave differently, but they are being affected differently than your analogy would suggest.  To wit:

Using Overcoming Fear - properly, at least - is almost certainly going to reduce the amount of fear, and remove causes of fear.  So the program acts like a filter, to return to your analogy.

Further, the act of working to overcome your fears seems to - regardless of what I have done so far to prevent it in v1 and v2 - trigger some part of you to respond with more fear.  This would be the "stirring up".  Not because they need to be brought from the depths, but because interacting with fear is both self triggering and self regenerative in nature.  The parts that generate fear seem to be capable of doing so whenever they are interacted with, and there is so far (as of v2) very little in the way of options for interacting with them without triggering fear.  So far the best I've been able to do with v2 is to prevent the conscious awareness from experiencing that fear as the causes are dealt with.

In v3 I have made strides to improving that situation, but if what you're experiencing is TID, it would seem there is still fear being triggered at some level by the process of dealing with and overcoming the fear.  Remember that TID is the program fading in slowly over time in influence, so certain aspcts may not have enough impact to do their job yet in response to the magnitude of the reaction (fear) being generated.
Pages: 1 2 3