Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Google Home Speaker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am wondering if the Google Home speaker is ok to use for  subs, particularly UMS Hybrid or silent?
Bluetooth as a general rule is not recommended, depending on the compression of the wireless protocol it can kill subliminals. 

Shannon wrote
Quote:
Bluetooth is a question mark.  Different companies do it different ways, and some of them work for subliminals and some don't.  I personally wouldn't use it.  I use my phone speakers directly, but cabled speakers will be even better since they're stereo.

and
Quote:
Bluetooth is a wireless protocol for short range radio, and to achieve high bandwidth, they typically use compression of the audio.  If they do, and whether or not the audio is being compressed in a lossy or lossless manner changes depending on the manufacturer, and is almost impossible to determine.  If they're using lossy compression, they're also very likely stripping out the very low volume audio (kills masked subliminals) and stripping out the very high pitch audio (kills ultrasonic subliminals).
(12-16-2020, 12:13 PM)fab10 Wrote: [ -> ]Bluetooth as a general rule is not recommended, depending on the compression of the wireless protocol it can kill subliminals. 

Shannon wrote
Quote:
Bluetooth is a question mark.  Different companies do it different ways, and some of them work for subliminals and some don't.  I personally wouldn't use it.  I use my phone speakers directly, but cabled speakers will be even better since they're stereo.

and
Quote:
Bluetooth is a wireless protocol for short range radio, and to achieve high bandwidth, they typically use compression of the audio.  If they do, and whether or not the audio is being compressed in a lossy or lossless manner changes depending on the manufacturer, and is almost impossible to determine.  If they're using lossy compression, they're also very likely stripping out the very low volume audio (kills masked subliminals) and stripping out the very high pitch audio (kills ultrasonic subliminals).

Thanks fab10. What about something like the JBL Clip 2 that is Bluetooth and wired? I assume plugging it in would do the trick.
If it's wired then it will be better, some people have used blutooth and said it's okay but we can't be sure with it which is why we don't recommend it.

Keep in mind minimum requirements for ultrasonic.

http://www.subliminal-shop.com/faqs/list...eadphones/