Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Downloads failing and stupid limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, 

I had my download for UMS ultrasonic flac fail multiple times I guess coz my Internet was being shit, and now I can't even try to download it anymore because of the download limit. I'm confused as to why there even needs to be a limit given the anti piracy code, it seems rather redundant. I often delete big files on devices when I'm not using them anyway regularly to save space, and it's annoying to not be able to download the files as many times as needed.
Anyway that's a seperate issue, the main one is my current inability to get the file that I want and paid for.
Benjamin will fix this for you when he gets on, He will reset the download limit.

cheers,
Griffin
Can you send an email to the backend with your details?

As for the limit, we're happy to reset limits, but it's there to keep people taking advantage of it and constantly taking up bandwidth.. but for example how fair is it say if you order something and 5 years later still expect the download? I've provided access in some cases like that, but I bet not many sites would actually do that. The only time i've refused it is somebody wanting to constantly download files like every 1 or 2 months of the same program quite alot, more than it makes sense for somebody to.
(02-05-2020, 03:35 PM)Benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]Can you send an email to the backend with your details?

As for the limit, we're happy to reset limits, but it's there to keep people taking advantage of it and constantly taking up bandwidth.. but for example how fair is it say if you order something and 5 years later still expect the download? I've provided access in some cases like that, but I bet not many sites would actually do that. The only time i've refused it is somebody wanting to constantly download files like every 1 or 2 months of the same program quite alot, more than it makes sense for somebody to.

Look fair enough, I was just really frustrated at the time, as for some reason whenever I try to download files from here it seems to fail midway through at least once and it's annoying that it counts as a download. 
What do you mean by send an email to the backend?
I sent a message through the contact form if that's what you meant.
Yep that's what I meant. Makes sense, unfortunately the clicking of it counts as an attempt.. it would be good to have an attempt as 'the whole file downloaded' but i'm not aware of that being possible.

Just reset and replied to your email.
Idk why but this title made lol...

I know it's frustrating sometimes but Ben fixes all like a Zen
Haha thanks Zane, I fix what I can.

[Image: Fixing-downloads-like-a-zen-monk.jpghttp:]