Subliminal Talk

Full Version: words altered in new forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed this a week or so back, and I'm wondering what other words may have changed in the new forum.

About a week back, I was writing in my LTU thread, and I used the word b*tch, but I'd typed it out fully. While previewing my post, which I normally do, in the place of that word was "naughty little girl". I thought "What?? I didn't write THAT!" I soon realized the new system translates some words per its own discretion.

I'll test it here. I'm writing the full word: bitch.

Just checked it, and in the preview, what I'd actually typed showed up. I'm unsure why.

I thought of reporting this since I'd pulled up my USLM3 thread 20 minutes ago to read it, and I came upon "naughty little girl" in a posting of mine.

Considering it showed up here when I tested it, are you guys altering these features presently? It's not major, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks
Haha sure no one has tampered with your auto-correct in your phone?
Nah Greenduck. Not possible since I've never made posts on IML from my phone. Only from my laptops and PC.
(05-19-2019, 10:24 AM)findingme Wrote: [ -> ]Nah Greenduck. Not possible since I've never made posts on IML from my phone. Only from my laptops and PC.

Haha okey. Anyway I love the transition from b*tch to Naughty little girl, lol
It was a feature before. Not sure about since the forum update.

Personally I don't like it, i'd prefer to be able to read those things. Like on the steam forums for example it's absolutely horrible, and even stupid things like 'damn' is censored.
I think it's because Google positions the site lower if it detects curse words.
Thanks! That's good to know.
You're all a bunch of "mommy lovers"!

Always used to make me lmao, that one...
meowmeow is also a good one Smile
Yes it looks like that phrase does exist as a word filter / replacement, lol. The word filters were made by Andrew, and I think Shannon too, quite some years ago. I'll bring it up with Shannon soon and make adjustments as needed.
(05-19-2019, 08:35 AM)findingme Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed this a week or so back, and I'm wondering what other words may have changed in the new forum.

About a week back, I was writing in my LTU thread, and I used the word b*tch, but I'd typed it out fully. While previewing my post, which I normally do, in the place of that word was "naughty little girl". I thought "What?? I didn't write THAT!" I soon realized the new system translates some words per its own discretion.

I'll test it here. I'm writing the full word: bitch.

Just checked it, and in the preview, what I'd actually typed showed up. I'm unsure why.

I thought of reporting this since I'd pulled up my USLM3 thread 20 minutes ago to read it, and I came upon "naughty little girl" in a posting of mine.

Considering it showed up here when I tested it, are you guys altering these features presently? It's not major, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks

Yes, I have noticed the same.. I wrote a word "D*ick* and it turned into" weewee*
I did that in the beginning to discourage people from using vulgar speech. I may change it at some point in the future, if I simultaneously remember and have the time.