Subliminal Talk

Full Version: aura of a martial artist.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many people who got into martial arts for self defense find that they never end up using what they learned in real life. This is because they have developed a special "aura" that makes potential attackers to feel a bit intimidated and choose other victims instead. for anyone living in a big city I think having this is fundamental.
yeah, it wouldn't matter if you didn't know any kungfu at all, the point is, people wouldn't fight you in the first place. I guess this would be good for unsafe neighbourhoods.
This does work sometimes and is good to have.

But one thing to think about is if people know you can fight or suspect that then they may just try to stack the odds against you, friends, weapons etc. so it's best to actually have skill aswell.

Not many people will try to fight you thinking they will lose.

-Ben
I actually know a guy who I would say gives off this vibe, when he wants to. He is a very unassuming guy, not big anyway, or tall I mean, he is muscular, not huge but muscular and smiles alot, but piss him off and I have no doubt it one would regret it.

He also did have a pretty bad childhood and has spent ALOT of time in jail because he got in so many fights but he does have the "aura" when he wants to.
Yeah experience tends to give this to you, in this guys case his childhood too.

But, sounds like he is able to back it up when it doesn't work as some people won't care either, especially ones under the influence of alcohol or drugs, i've seen people do really stupid things, like a very small guy probably like 60kg try to take on a security guy who I worked with who is 180kg and a prison guard who you would definately not fuck with. He simply hit the guy with his stomach and he fell over. But this guy come back to fight him and then tried to take several of us on.

Sometimes it just doesn't matter, so as I said there is definate danger projecting this if you can't back it up.
so why not just make an actual martial arts subliminal? sounds cool, more like the matrix shit im not sure if that would be possible though because there is like a ton of stuff to be learned like kicks punches grabs techniques flexibility state of mind etc. aside of also choosing which style you want e.x karate muay thai kick boxing etc. or maybe even mixing them all together then the aura follows still though sounds like not an easy thing to do.
Yeah that is a good idea Biakoia, we have discussed it in the past and from what I remember we had differing opinions, especially from me as I train alot differently than traditional type arts. So if one could be made that didn't specifically mention an art but mixing what works (atleast that is what I care about in my training).

And letting go of the ego, I know that atleast for me it is hard to constantly be thrown around and beaten, I haven't got a class where that happens at the moment, but since I stepped into a teaching role I see that I developed more of an ego about that.

The Matrix thing would be awesome! "Now I know all martial arts!" Smile

-Ben