• Welcome to Subliminal Talk!
  • The best in subliminal audio
Hello There, Guest! Login Register


Title: lano1106 UMSv2
Thread Modes
cycle 3. Stage 1 day 6:

My UMS journal starts to reads like a DMSI journal but sexual fulfillment appears to be important to me currently...

I got 2 sex proposals falling on my lap today out of the blue... I invited to my place one of the prospect and this resulted into great and amazing sex... She did stay for about 3 hours...

It is too early to say if this encounter will result into a relationship of any sort...

No idea where all this attention is coming from... It is a bit unusual to me to receive all this attention... I must have changed something in my own sexual marketing without being aware of it...

It is funny that the simple intention of running DMSI without actually run it is bringing me all the action..

that being said... I had a hard time to concentrate on moving forward the exchange migration project... I did move it a little bit forward but it is not fast enough for my taste... I suspect that there is some unknowns in the design that instead of confronting directly the difficulty, I perform some sort of procrastination instead... but I feel that unconsciously, I am organizing my ideas in my mental space... so I have hope that soon, my productivity will unblock once the mental design picture gets clear in my mind...

For one thing, since it is my first framework reuse, I am realizing that its current design lack of modularity. There is a lot of dependencies between the different components... I am not too sure if I can improve that aspect because there are real dependencies between the modules... It is not due to sloppy design... but it annoys the heck out of me because in order to make my next test, I needed to port a module which depends on another one and when the port of the second module is completed, I discover that this one depends on a thirds one and so on...

Without all those dependencies, I could rapidly write one module and try it out... now I need to port the whole thing before making any test at all. The best analogy is getting your finger stuck into some gears and the gears end up ripping your whole arm...

time spent on creating a new exchange layer is not wasted... Everything that I write will end up being used... It is just that more needs to be written before being in position to test... which is not very agile methodology friendly...

Writing this entry did help me figuring out a way to reduce the dependency issue... by creating some class hierarchy...

I could have a BaseExchangeContext with minimal functionality and a FullExchangeContext offering the full API... I am not sure that there would be a use to start passing those 2 interfaces around but just for the sake of testing faster partial implementation, it might be worth the effort... I'll think about it....
 
Reply
cycle 3. Stage 1 day 7:

I have progressed a little bit again today. It seems like it could be faster but it could also go slower too...

I have the feeling like what I am doing is extremely difficult.
In reality, it is tedious and boring but difficult, it is not...

I try to remember times where I did similar tasks amazingly fast... I try condition myself seeing what I am currently doing easy... maybe if I convince myself of this, it will actually help me doing it faster...

At least, I hope so... I think this could work...

Something that I have realized is that Exchange APIs not of equal quality... The one that I am currently working on contains many small inconsistencies...

ie:
- the same field have different names in different msgs.
- The same field appearing several times in the same msg in different subsections.
- many fields that the documentation says that they will always have a specific value. Therefore, they are useless!
- Fields that are actually helpful to have that are present in comparable msgs in the exchange #1 are missing. This makes the messages almost useless as with the missing info, you will need make other calls to supplement the received info and get the missing one...
- the same fields in different messages or sometimes in the same message use different types. Sometime, it is passed as a string, some other times as an integer... There seems to be no logic at all in the choice. One has to wonder if they did make random choices for the field type.

Seeing all those issues makes my mind try to find workarounds and this is taking time... At some point today, I have made a conscious decision to switch off the critical thinking mindset and turn on the stupid switch... Just implement code to handle the various messages without thinking about the various glitches present in the interface...
 
Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMSv2 -Love,Money, and the Golden Realm of the Light ncbeareatingman 230 18,829 05-18-2022, 03:32 PM
Last Post: ncbeareatingman
  dragonslayer's UMSV2 5.75.7G dragonslayer 5 516 05-15-2022, 12:27 AM
Last Post: Benjamin
  UMSv2 - Ultimate Money Shot RTBoss 10 1,056 12-08-2021, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Darwin
  Transcendental Sith Lord's UMSv2 Journal/ Few weeks of E5 DarthXedonias 44 3,984 11-29-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: DarthXedonias
Wink Superman's UMSV2 thread Superman 94 9,092 11-05-2021, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Superman
  UMSv2 - Life, Money and Musings Breeze 4 904 08-07-2021, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Breeze

Forum Jump:


Browsing: 1 Guest(s)