Subliminal Talk
Religion and Religious Type Concepts Thread - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Religion and Religious Type Concepts Thread (/Thread-Religion-and-Religious-Type-Concepts-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: The New Religion Thread - Nox - 12-15-2016

Reincarnated, ressurection or oblivion, you'll still not be yourself anymore which seems to be a major hangup for people. Knowing you'll most likely have no recollection of any part of yourself can be frightening, as everything might as well be nothing.

But really it doesn't matter. Everyone is so determined to waste their current life, so who cares if they have another one that they'll waste as well?

RE: The New Religion Thread - SargeMaximus - 12-15-2016

(12-15-2016, 01:29 PM)Nox Wrote: But really it doesn't matter. Everyone is so determined to waste their current life, so who cares if they have another one that they'll waste as well?

Not me. I plan to live forever. Science has come a long way. Check it out: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3721986/Patient-set-undergo-world-s-human-head-transplant-says-Dr-Frankenstein-reveal-details-operation-month.html

(12-15-2016, 02:18 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(12-15-2016, 01:29 PM)Nox Wrote: But really it doesn't matter. Everyone is so determined to waste their current life, so who cares if they have another one that they'll waste as well?

Not me. I plan to live forever. Science has come a long way. Check it out: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3721986/Patient-set-undergo-world-s-human-head-transplant-says-Dr-Frankenstein-reveal-details-operation-month.html

I'll stick around until I'm tired of this life. Could be a year, could be a thousand years. But no matter how lokg I stay there will be a transition. Even forever ends. ...usually lol

(12-15-2016, 02:25 PM)Nox Wrote:

I'll stick around until I'm tired of this life. Could be a year, could be a thousand years. But no matter how lokg I stay there will be a transition. Even forever ends. ...usually lol

Suit yourself.

(12-15-2016, 02:48 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:

Suit yourself.

Don't worry, death will find you too . It's helpful like that.

(12-15-2016, 03:10 PM)Nox Wrote:

Suit yourself.

Well aren't you positive. Dick.

(12-15-2016, 03:24 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(12-15-2016, 02:18 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: Not me. I plan to live forever. Science has come a long way. Check it out: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3721986/Patient-set-undergo-world-s-human-head-transplant-says-Dr-Frankenstein-reveal-details-operation-month.html

Suit yourself.

I just like to help people is all. Especially people I like.

(12-15-2016, 03:36 PM)Nox Wrote:
(12-15-2016, 03:24 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(12-15-2016, 02:25 PM)Nox Wrote: I'll stick around until I'm tired of this life. Could be a year, could be a thousand years. But no matter how lokg I stay there will be a transition. Even forever ends. ...usually lol

Suit yourself.

I just like to help people is all. Especially people I like.

Lol, keep at it man.

RE: The New Religion Thread - eternity - 01-05-2017

Shannon, if you read this, Is it okay to have a servitor for protection while running subs? The servitor does not perform any tasks to change me or my personality; Wanting to know if this is still a form of mind programming?

RE: The New Religion Thread - RisingSon - 01-19-2017

[Image: 41GOWfkk6sL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

I need to read this book.

Quote: In contemporary Western popular culture, the Buddha is commonly portrayed as an androgynous, asexual character, often in a seated meditation posture and wearing a beatific smile. Many (incorrectly) associate the Buddha with Hotei, a corpulent, jolly figure of Chinese Buddhism traditionally viewed as a manifestation of the future buddha Maitreya. Buddhist monks, such as the Dalai Lama, have also become images of normative Buddhism, which is assumed to valorize celibacy and is often portrayed as rejecting gender categories (at least in theory).

In Indian Buddhist literature, however, a very different version of the Buddha and his monastic followers appears: the Buddha is described as the paragon of masculinity, the “ultimate man” (purusottama), and is referred to by a range of epithets that extol his manly qualities, his extraordinarily beautiful body, his superhuman virility and physical strength, his skill in martial arts, and the effect he has on women who see him.

Some of these qualities are present in monks as well:

Many Buddhist monks are depicted as young, handsome, and virile, and the greatest challenge to their religious devotion is lustful women propositioning them for sex. This is even true of elderly monks, who also fend off unwanted advances.

But we’ll talk about monks later on. For now, let us focus on the Buddha:

Since undertaking this project, I have been struck by the pervasiveness of ultramasculine images in Indian Buddhist texts—texts that in some cases I had read many times without even noticing these tropes. Once I began looking, however, they seemed to leap from the pages and confront me with a completely new version of the Buddha, one who personified the ideals of the Indian warrior class (ksatriya), who caused women to faint because of his physical beauty, and who converted people to his teachings through the perceptual impact of his extraordinary physique. In the “Discourse to Canki,” for example, the Buddha is described as “handsome, good looking, graceful, possessing supreme beauty of complexion, with sublime beauty and sublime presence, remarkable to behold.”

In the “Discourse to Sonadanda,” a group of brahmans comes to visit him. One of them, a young man named Angaka, is described as “handsome, good-looking, pleasant to look at, of supremely fair complexion, in form and complexion like the god Brahma, of excellent appearance,” but the brahman who gives this description hastens to add that the Buddha is even more handsome. Similar passages abound in Indian Buddhist literature. The transcendent physical beauty of the Buddha is a core trope of every text I have seen that discusses his life and teaching career.

RE: The New Religion Thread - Benjamin - 01-19-2017

Interesting, I always found the image of buddha just being this fat man a little strange. Even worse I come across something, I don't even remember what it was suggesting that a fat stomach was healthy and the proof was "because buddha has a fat stomach".

WTF... great logic there. Sounds like the Indian type buddha is more my style.

Quote:In contemporary Western popular culture, the Buddha is commonly portrayed as an androgynous, asexual character, often in a seated meditation posture and wearing a beatific smile. Many (incorrectly) associate the Buddha with Hotei, a corpulent, jolly figure of Chinese Buddhism traditionally viewed as a manifestation of the future buddha Maitreya. Buddhist monks, such as the Dalai Lama, have also become images of normative Buddhism, which is assumed to valorize celibacy and is often portrayed as rejecting gender categories (at least in theory).

Damn, now that you mention it. I can't say I thought of it but as soon as I read that it made sense. I don't like the whole spiritual 'reject your sex drive' kind of thing. And i've found people who get too spiritual have a very weird vibe about them.

RE: The New Religion Thread - Nox - 01-20-2017

Both brands of Buddhism shoot for the goal in slightly different ways. The actual goal is control and usage of sexual energies as opposed to rejection or over amplifying.

I like the Chinese version better, though. They're nicer people. Tongue

RE: The New Religion Thread - JackOfHearts - 01-20-2017

Buddha is supposed to be mercury in astrology, the prince who is supposed to have the best life of the kingdom even the king himself.
Concerning girls though , the moon seems to be the one who achieve the most sexual impregnation, charisma, attraction from women, etc. But mercury is supposed to be the son of the Moon born out of Jupiter's wife Rolleyes

RE: The New Religion Thread - eternity - 01-29-2017

Journal Post continued here, to avoid violating rules.

*as I'm massaging her*
Me: whoah, I feel something crazy right now. The way you're holding your hair above your neck, with your skin exposed and me sitting behind you. I feel like we've done this before.
Her: Like deja vu?
Me: No, this is more profound than that. I still feel it. It's like we did this, in a previous life.
Her: I wouldn't doubt it one bit.
Me: Our souls were surely linked in a previous life.