Subliminal Talk
Religion and Religious Type Concepts Thread - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Religion and Religious Type Concepts Thread (/Thread-Religion-and-Religious-Type-Concepts-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: The New Religion Thread - SargeMaximus - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 12:06 PM)RisingSon Wrote: Eh, doesn't make sense to me Sarge. You must be watching the wrong videos. Christian nutters are a good way to discredit things I've noticed lately.

I agree, which is why I'm taking conspiracy theories LESS seriously after hitting a slew of them with christian undertones.

(12-12-2016, 12:06 PM)RisingSon Wrote: Usually the realm of conspiracy is made up of agnostic people - true skeptics - or at least that's how it used to be. People go to great lengths to justify their belief system especially if it revolves around salvation. In the end, only you can save yourself.

Weird that I like the Bible and some of it's teachings but am not deluded about giving my power away to a very misconstrued character. We might as well say Shannon is the reincarnated messiah. PRAISE HIM!

As far as I understand, all of our past/future lives are happening right now and concurrent with this life. Time doesn't actually have a direction, like forward and back. Due to the holographic nature of reality, changes made in this lifetime will immediately ripple outwards and effect the other ones. I've experienced this personally to very great effect through aboriginal healing methods.

Interesting.

I don't believe in linear time either. Nor do I believe in past/future lives however. IMO, the belief of past and future lives is a way to subdue people into thinking "ok, I'll get rich/famous/whatever NEXT life" or, equally as bad: "I was rich/famous/whatever in my previuous life, and now I'm 'paying for it' "

If religion has one theme it is this: Goodness requires you to be of no consequence, while those who are rich and powerful are always "evil". You can find that theme in every religion, even Buddhism to which I identify with most (not for it's religion, but for some observations it has made, especially in regards to Zen).

Here are some vids from youtube tho. Within the first few minutes you will see a reference to christianity, if not the entire theme of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOeyogmh71c

@ 3:11 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvYZA2fO7WA&t=210s

@ The very beginning, but 1:40 is a good place talking about fallen angels and shit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52a0Xjuaixo&t=2395s

RE: The New Religion Thread - eternity - 12-12-2016

i tend to find the good in all religions, take it and adopt it, and do away with that which i don't identify with.

if you notice in the bible, "God" has seemingly two different characters. one is extremely benevolent, and the other is brim and hellfire. That makes me wonder if something was lost (or hidden) in translation? Something which we need to give room for error.

There's this book, a couple members of the forum suggested it to me. It's called Kybalion. According to this book, the information taught by the followers of The Path have been duplicated by others and taught by a different name. That being so, some of the concepts are not entirely new to me. But there are yet other concepts in the book which are novel and really strike a "WHOA" chord within me. It's like THE key that opens up a new world at our hands. I mention this because Sarge suggested that video about fallen angels, which the book refers to very briefly.

as far as any of the conspiracy theory videos, a lot of it is a waste of time and waste of mental resources. i was open minded enough to try to give the flat earth theory a shot, but i felt stupid trying to rationalize that the world really might be flat. my rational mind (which is far less rational than most!) couldn't comprehend it, so if I can't comprehend it, how the hell can anyone else be on the bandwagon!?

Quote:People go to great lengths to justify their belief system especially if it revolves around salvation. In the end, only you can save yourself.

i agree with this wholeheartedly and have been guilty of it myself. It is not until I am WILLING to set aside WHATEVER idea i may hold dear to me, and at least APPROACH a new concept with an open mind that i am able to grow and learn. Otherwise, defending and justifying my belief system without just cause is plain.... well, ignorance. It's why it's important to keep the mindset of being willing to be wrong, even when i know i am probably right. also helps keep the ego in check too Wink

RE: The New Religion Thread - Have at ye - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 12:22 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: If religion has one theme it is this: Goodness requires you to be of no consequence, while those who are rich and powerful are always "evil". You can find that theme in every religion, even Buddhism to which I identify with most (not for it's religion, but for some observations it has made, especially in regards to Zen).

Friedrich Nietzsche says "hello".

I heartily recommend his "The Antichrist" if you've been pondering the above issue lately.

EDIT

Hmm, then again, you might want to read the Kybalion before diving straight into Nietzsche, makes him much easier to understand. I only learned this in retrospect.

RE: The New Religion Thread - Benjamin - 12-12-2016

Funny though how religion gives you guilt around money, yet what is one of the richest organizations in the world? The church. So again like most of religion it goes back to a control mechanism.

Just like they take all your natural desires, sex as the obvious example. Make it a 'sin' so that nobody is free of sin as everyone has those desires, so they can tell you if you don't bow down to god you'll burn in hell.

I was going to write this at the time. But a month or so ago went to my grandmas funeral. I'll goto a church for that. But some of it really pissed me off, it's meant to be celebrating her but then they add all this bullshit such as the one example that annoyed me the most. A quote that was pretty much "If you don't bow down to jesus you will burn in the everlasting fire".

Well i'm here to celebrate my grandma, not be manipulated and made to feel guilty thanks.

RE: The New Religion Thread - Have at ye - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 03:46 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Just like they take all your natural desires, sex as the obvious example. Make it a 'sin' so that nobody is free of sin as everyone has those desires, so they can tell you if you don't bow down to god you'll burn in hell.

Tru dat.

And make themselves the only authority that can give you permission to indulge in said sins on their terms, or absolve you of them, to boot. It's a devious form of mass mind control, psychologically comparable to gaslighting in its effects.

(12-12-2016, 01:45 PM)eternity Wrote: i tend to find the good in all religions, take it and adopt it, and do away with that which i don't identify with.

I'm the same.

(12-12-2016, 01:45 PM)eternity Wrote: if you notice in the bible, "God" has seemingly two different characters. one is extremely benevolent, and the other is brim and hellfire. That makes me wonder if something was lost (or hidden) in translation? Something which we need to give room for error.

I've read the bible cover to cover... twice.

I used to be VERY interested in the bible and, with no friends and not much to do, spent a LOT of time reading and analyzing it.

I'm not sure what you mean by God's 2 different characters. Unless, of course, you are talking about Old Testament God and New Testament Jesus (who isn't God, at least, not according to literal translations).

There is a definite shift between OT (Judaism) and NT (Christianity) which I think accounts for the differences quite easily as they are 2 different religions entirely.

(12-12-2016, 01:45 PM)eternity Wrote: There's this book, a couple members of the forum suggested it to me. It's called Kybalion. According to this book, the information taught by the followers of The Path have been duplicated by others and taught by a different name. That being so, some of the concepts are not entirely new to me. But there are yet other concepts in the book which are novel and really strike a "WHOA" chord within me. It's like THE key that opens up a new world at our hands. I mention this because Sarge suggested that video about fallen angels, which the book refers to very briefly.

I didn't suggest the video because of the fallen angels, I was merely showing how many conspiracy videos have christian themes. The bit about the fallen angels was simply more proof of that.

As for the Kybalion, I intend to read it as well. It's still in transit from the online store I bought it from. Apparently the shipper sent it back to the store because it got wrecked in transit. duh, duh, duhhhhh!!

Lol. Nah, it's a good book (read some of it from a library copy I had for a while), much of it is intuitive though, to be honest. Some of it is interesting, and some of it doesn't even logically work, which erodes it's credibility in my eyes.

(12-12-2016, 01:45 PM)eternity Wrote: as far as any of the conspiracy theory videos, a lot of it is a waste of time and waste of mental resources. i was open minded enough to try to give the flat earth theory a shot, but i felt stupid trying to rationalize that the world really might be flat. my rational mind (which is far less rational than most!) couldn't comprehend it, so if I can't comprehend it, how the hell can anyone else be on the bandwagon!?

Lol no doubt. I totally agree. Plus, if the earth was flat, finding the edge and taking a picture would be easy. Not to mention how you can take a plane from Australia to Argentina and get there in 12 hours. Impossible to do if the earth is flat.

Observe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5lHUcZQyLE

(12-12-2016, 02:04 PM)Have at ye Wrote:
(12-12-2016, 12:22 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: If religion has one theme it is this: Goodness requires you to be of no consequence, while those who are rich and powerful are always "evil". You can find that theme in every religion, even Buddhism to which I identify with most (not for it's religion, but for some observations it has made, especially in regards to Zen).

I heartily recommend his "The Antichrist" if you've been pondering the above issue lately.

EDIT

Hmm, then again, you might want to read the Kybalion before diving straight into Nietzsche, makes him much easier to understand. I only learned this in retrospect.

Yeah Kybalion is on it's way. Not sure about Nietzsche tho, I mean, if he just wrote a book that agrees with my views, where's the value in reading it? That's kind of how I approach these things. I read books to gain new insights and understanding into things previously unknown to me...

(12-12-2016, 03:46 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Funny though how religion gives you guilt around money, yet what is one of the richest organizations in the world? The church. So again like most of religion it goes back to a control mechanism.

Just like they take all your natural desires, sex as the obvious example. Make it a 'sin' so that nobody is free of sin as everyone has those desires, so they can tell you if you don't bow down to god you'll burn in hell.

I was going to write this at the time. But a month or so ago went to my grandmas funeral. I'll goto a church for that. But some of it really pissed me off, it's meant to be celebrating her but then they add all this ***** such as the one example that annoyed me the most. A quote that was pretty much "If you don't bow down to jesus you will burn in the everlasting fire".

Well i'm here to celebrate my grandma, not be manipulated and made to feel guilty thanks.

Yeah I know what you mean.

Growing up I went to a lot of funerals, mostly people who were in roman catholic church. Anyhow, the funerals were just horrible. I couldn't believe it. It's enough that we're dealing with this loss, now you gotta preach fire and brimstone? No thanks.

What perplexed me the most, however, was why so many people were part of the church. How can you stand it after a while?

RE: The New Religion Thread - eternity - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 04:50 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(12-12-2016, 01:45 PM)eternity Wrote: i tend to find the good in all religions, take it and adopt it, and do away with that which i don't identify with.

I'm the same.

(12-12-2016, 01:45 PM)eternity Wrote: if you notice in the bible, "God" has seemingly two different characters. one is extremely benevolent, and the other is brim and hellfire. That makes me wonder if something was lost (or hidden) in translation? Something which we need to give room for error.

I've read the bible cover to cover... twice.

I used to be VERY interested in the bible and, with no friends and not much to do, spent a LOT of time reading and analyzing it.

I'm not sure what you mean by God's 2 different characters. Unless, of course, you are talking about Old Testament God and New Testament Jesus (who isn't God, at least, not according to literal translations).

There is a definite shift between OT (Judaism) and NT (Christianity) which I think accounts for the differences quite easily as they are 2 different religions entirely.

(12-12-2016, 01:45 PM)eternity Wrote: There's this book, a couple members of the forum suggested it to me. It's called Kybalion. According to this book, the information taught by the followers of The Path have been duplicated by others and taught by a different name. That being so, some of the concepts are not entirely new to me. But there are yet other concepts in the book which are novel and really strike a "WHOA" chord within me. It's like THE key that opens up a new world at our hands. I mention this because Sarge suggested that video about fallen angels, which the book refers to very briefly.

I didn't suggest the video because of the fallen angels, I was merely showing how many conspiracy videos have christian themes. The bit about the fallen angels was simply more proof of that.

As for the Kybalion, I intend to read it as well. It's still in transit from the online store I bought it from. Apparently the shipper sent it back to the store because it got wrecked in transit. duh, duh, duhhhhh!!

Lol. Nah, it's a good book (read some of it from a library copy I had for a while), much of it is intuitive though, to be honest. Some of it is interesting, and some of it doesn't even logically work, which erodes it's credibility in my eyes.

(12-12-2016, 01:45 PM)eternity Wrote: as far as any of the conspiracy theory videos, a lot of it is a waste of time and waste of mental resources. i was open minded enough to try to give the flat earth theory a shot, but i felt stupid trying to rationalize that the world really might be flat. my rational mind (which is far less rational than most!) couldn't comprehend it, so if I can't comprehend it, how the hell can anyone else be on the bandwagon!?

Lol no doubt. I totally agree. Plus, if the earth was flat, finding the edge and taking a picture would be easy. Not to mention how you can take a plane from Australia to Argentina and get there in 12 hours. Impossible to do if the earth is flat.

Observe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5lHUcZQyLE

(12-12-2016, 02:04 PM)Have at ye Wrote:

EDIT

Yeah Kybalion is on it's way. Not sure about Nietzsche tho, I mean, if he just wrote a book that agrees with my views, where's the value in reading it? That's kind of how I approach these things. I read books to gain new insights and understanding into things previously unknown to me...

(12-12-2016, 03:46 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Funny though how religion gives you guilt around money, yet what is one of the richest organizations in the world? The church. So again like most of religion it goes back to a control mechanism.

I was going to write this at the time. But a month or so ago went to my grandmas funeral. I'll goto a church for that. But some of it really pissed me off, it's meant to be celebrating her but then they add all this ***** such as the one example that annoyed me the most. A quote that was pretty much "If you don't bow down to jesus you will burn in the everlasting fire".

Yeah I know what you mean.

Growing up I went to a lot of funerals, mostly people who were in roman catholic church. Anyhow, the funerals were just horrible. I couldn't believe it. It's enough that we're dealing with this loss, now you gotta preach fire and brimstone? No thanks.

What perplexed me the most, however, was why so many people were part of the church. How can you stand it after a while?

I have NOT read it cover to cover, so my opinion was based on partial experience. I defer to your knowledge in it if that's the case.

But I was getting at the notion that God is a jealous god, and will get mad if you place another god above him (acknowledgement of other beings, and exhibiting human like characteristics - jealousy and pride...) which is in stark contrast to other posts which refer to god as the supreme who is above human characteristics, who is the ALL, all that is anything

Really, from what I've gathered from around the world's religions and various teachings is that the "supreme" is the same thing in every belief system, but is revered or perceived slightly different than each other. The Abrahamic religions seem to talk about the same supreme as does vedic Hinduism, who refer to supreme as Shakti.

So I find it interesting that they all have a common thread and it seems kybalion refers to the same common thread but delves deeper in how to UTILIZE the energy of the universe. Smile

(12-12-2016, 08:01 PM)eternity Wrote: I have NOT read it cover to cover, so my opinion was based on partial experience. I defer to your knowledge in it if that's the case.

But I was getting at the notion that God is a jealous god, and will get mad if you place another god above him (acknowledgement of other beings, and exhibiting human like characteristics - jealousy and pride...) which is in stark contrast to other posts which refer to god as the supreme who is above human characteristics, who is the ALL, all that is anything

The god in the bible (specifically OT) is definitely a jealous god. I assume (since he made man in his image) that is why he has such feelings.

The god of the OT is NOT an "all loving" being and very much loves with prejudice and conditions.

Not sure what posts you are talking about, but I can tell you that the god of the OT is anything but above human characteristics.

Think of it like this:

God (the father) creates man in his image, and so, anything that man has (emotions, desires, etc) god also has, because we came from him. (of course, the REAL truth is that god came from US Wink )
But you get the idea. In the book (and within that context - the story is the 'truth'), this is the most likely reason why god has those characteristics.

It's also worth noting that the OT god is seen as seperate from his creation, whereas it is more accurate to see "God" as "all things", like you alluded to.

(12-12-2016, 08:01 PM)eternity Wrote: Really, from what I've gathered from around the world's religions and various teachings is that the "supreme" is the same thing in every belief system, but is revered or perceived slightly different than each other. The Abrahamic religions seem to talk about the same supreme as does vedic Hinduism, who refer to supreme as Shakti.

So I find it interesting that they all have a common thread and it seems kybalion refers to the same common thread but delves deeper in how to UTILIZE the energy of the universe. Smile

Yes, utilization is what I'm after as well lol. It's all well and good to get in touch with power, but quite another to be able to wield it.

That's one of the reasons I "moved on" from "The Power of Now". The book is more or less about becoming one with the "supreme" that you speak of (which is just a state of mind, much like emotions. It might even BE an emotion, who's to say) but didn't offer any way to utilize it. With PoN, it was just another sleeping pill rather than a steroid, if you get my analogy.

RE: The New Religion Thread - SargeMaximus - 12-13-2016

(12-12-2016, 11:32 PM)yeah! Wrote: Hey Sarge, going off what you said above, what would the new testament god represent to the condciousness of the people of that time?

I'm having trouble understanding the question, so bear with me...

Are you asking what the NT god meant to the people in the NT?

Or are you asking what the NT god meant to the people at the time of the NT's publication?

(12-12-2016, 11:32 PM)yeah! Wrote: As much as many people dislike organised religion, I think we have a lot to thank it for. The whole structure of our society has been founded upon it and wherever it evolves to from here will be a knock on effect of it.

A large percentage of percentage of people on the planet can also give thanks for their lives to organised religion, though you could say the same thing with the Meat and Dairy Industry with cows.

True. And like the meat industry, there have been a lot of deaths thanks to religion as well. The truth is: it's impossible to know how things would have turned out without religion.

RE: The New Religion Thread - SargeMaximus - 12-13-2016

(12-13-2016, 10:49 AM)yeah! Wrote: Well, you gave the example that god was created by us (the people of the time) in our own image. And that that creation was (quote Sarge) The god of the OT is NOT an "all loving" being and very much loves with prejudice and conditions.

I am wondering what your take on the NT god is and whether that was a deliberate creation to pacify, or a natural expression of the desires of the people of the time? Did Jesus bring the idea of the NT god or do you think he was created at the time of its writing?

I see what you mean.

It's hard to say (I only just recently looked into the origins of christianity) but I definitely believe christianity was created to pacify. It's too suspicious having a god go from the way he was depicted in the OT, to suddenly being absent (yes, god the father is almost entirely absent in the NT) and forgiving.

I also believe that, unless a man can truly turn water into wine, walk on water, and create 3000 loaves of bread out of 5 loaves, jesus was most likely fiction, like the rest of the Bible.

RE: The New Religion Thread - eternity - 12-14-2016

(12-13-2016, 01:06 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 10:49 AM)yeah! Wrote: Well, you gave the example that god was created by us (the people of the time) in our own image. And that that creation was (quote Sarge) The god of the OT is NOT an "all loving" being and very much loves with prejudice and conditions.

I am wondering what your take on the NT god is and whether that was a deliberate creation to pacify, or a natural expression of the desires of the people of the time? Did Jesus bring the idea of the NT god or do you think he was created at the time of its writing?

I see what you mean.

It's hard to say (I only just recently looked into the origins of christianity) but I definitely believe christianity was created to pacify. It's too suspicious having a god go from the way he was depicted in the OT, to suddenly being absent (yes, god the father is almost entirely absent in the NT) and forgiving.

I also believe that, unless a man can truly turn water into wine, walk on water, and create 3000 loaves of bread out of 5 loaves, jesus was most likely fiction, like the rest of the Bible.

you'd really like the song "ill mind of hopsin 7"

RE: The New Religion Thread - SargeMaximus - 12-14-2016

(12-14-2016, 11:45 AM)eternity Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 01:06 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:

I see what you mean.

you'd really like the song "ill mind of hopsin 7"

Good song, dude's got it. Course, imo, the best thing to do is save your breath. Yelling at a non-existant diety isn't the way to go. Tongue

RE: The New Religion Thread - robstar - 12-14-2016

(12-07-2016, 04:48 AM)Nox Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 05:37 PM)maxx55 Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 11:48 AM)Shannon Wrote: Someone asked me what I meant about being able to "go back before Day 1" with E2 or DMSI.

Basically, if reincarnation is a fact, then we have memories of all of our past lives and all of our experiences within those lives buried deep in our sub (or maybe super?) conscious mind.

Since there is nothing stating that the healing and clearing should limit itself to memories from the current life, there is no reason healing and clearing cannot and would not continue to "peel the onion" back before "Day 1" once it gets there. Or maybe even before it gets there, depending on certain factors, such as the karmic relevance that a thing had on the current lifetime.

Just wondering, wouldn't that end up being like years upon years (if not a lifetime) of healing if you have to heal all of your past lives too?

You have to heal all of your future lives too. Smile

Seems like a lot of work, eh? Lol

Given the speed that E2 works I don't think this is a practical goal.. E3 or higher will be needed to clear that much in this lifetime.

RE: The New Religion Thread - SargeMaximus - 12-15-2016

(12-15-2016, 01:30 AM)Different Heaven Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 04:48 AM)Nox Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 05:37 PM)maxx55 Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 11:48 AM)Shannon Wrote: Someone asked me what I meant about being able to "go back before Day 1" with E2 or DMSI.

Basically, if reincarnation is a fact, then we have memories of all of our past lives and all of our experiences within those lives buried deep in our sub (or maybe super?) conscious mind.

Since there is nothing stating that the healing and clearing should limit itself to memories from the current life, there is no reason healing and clearing cannot and would not continue to "peel the onion" back before "Day 1" once it gets there. Or maybe even before it gets there, depending on certain factors, such as the karmic relevance that a thing had on the current lifetime.

Just wondering, wouldn't that end up being like years upon years (if not a lifetime) of healing if you have to heal all of your past lives too?

You have to heal all of your future lives too. Smile

Seems like a lot of work, eh? Lol

Oh wow, yeah healing the past life should be on E3 later.

So, wait... past lives have been proven now?? When did that happen?

Shannon seems to believe in past lives but not state transference. I'm curious what about past lives is so believable. And yes, I've read "Journey of Lost souls" it didn't convince me.