Subliminal Talk
Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal (/Thread-Leisure-Suit-Danny-DMSI-3-1-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 04-28-2017

Day 25,

The Scanmarker came in today!!! It's kind of fun to use, but it's a skil. The first 2 hours were difficult and frustrating. But as I practiced, the scanner picked up more and more accurately.

I've scanned the quotes for two books tonight. I haven't read any new books (expected, but not fun). I need to get caught up on my physical books as soon as possible.

I'm throwing a big event tomorrow, but all the set up is done, which means that I will be doing some work tomorrow, but not a whole lot.

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 04-29-2017

Day 26,

I finished that big event, so I can rest easy.
I used the Scan Marker to scan through 4/6 books I read. Now, the last two will be long and hard (lol)
I notice that I look great in the mirror; I justified buying DMSI because whenever I looked in the mirror, I felt that I looked ugly. That's good, but no one is making moves on me. Oh well...

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 04-30-2017

Day 27,

I realize that I can start version B on Friday; hope it doesn't fuck me up too bad.
I will have a lot more free time than usual at work because my big event has been cleared up.
Finished scanning the notes I need for the remaining 2 books I read. They were the most difficult to go through because of their complexity. Daniel Kahneman is no walk in the park; sometimes a single page of his book (note: BOOK!) have 5-7 references.

Feeling emotional right now; this work project is digging out parts of myself. I'm trading my youth to create a work that I think will improve the lives of 100s, if not 1000s, of people. But, I don't know if it will have any effect at all; in other words, it feels like I am wasting time.

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Zane - 04-30-2017

Why don't you use " A " for another 60days..Just to be sure and more deeper cleaning.
I mean what's the hurry?

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 05-01-2017

............ BURN THE BLASPHEMER!!!!

lol yeah Zane; your position is too reasonable (no sarcasm; I'm in a hurry to get to 'B')

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 05-02-2017

Day 28,

Challenge day 15, read 12 books and summarized. I should figure out a way to read 1.2 books a day so that I can get caught up after a little while lol.

Either way, if all works out, it will be 30 books in 33 days.

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 05-03-2017

Day 29,

Challenge day 16, Read 13 books (Negotiating the Non-negotiable); it was rather devoid of useful content for my book.

On the other hand, the book I was attempting this morning, Linguistic Anthropology, was so useful that I'll have to chip away at it little by little while reading other books.

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 05-04-2017

Day 30,

Challenge day 17, Read 14 books (+ 100 pages into a 350 page book).

I'm having thoughts of entrepreneurship (namely: how much do I need to make online to be able to justify moving to Montreal and living a more fun life?). Since my book project is shaping up, and I can probably outsource the final stages, I'll likely be able to finish before July 1st; IF I sprint hard after finishing my book list.

It's funny; during BASE, I was having LTU-style thoughts, but during DMSI, I'm having BASE-style thoughts.

The Scandal TV show is good; I watched some of it, but a lot of it is SJW style monologues.

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Blink - 05-05-2017

(05-04-2017, 07:38 PM)DanAmerson Wrote: Day 30,

I'm having thoughts of entrepreneurship (namely: how much do I need to make online to be able to justify moving to Montreal and living a more fun life?). Since my book project is shaping up, and I can probably outsource the final stages, I'll likely be able to finish before July 1st; IF I sprint hard after finishing my book list.

It's funny; during BASE, I was having LTU-style thoughts, but during DMSI, I'm having BASE-style thoughts.

The Scandal TV show is good; I watched some of it, but a lot of it is SJW style monologues.

Montreal! Damn... That's a fun city! Where are you at now?

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 05-05-2017

(05-05-2017, 10:49 AM)Blink Wrote:
(05-04-2017, 07:38 PM)DanAmerson Wrote: Day 30,

Montreal! Damn... That's a fun city! Where are you at now?

Niagara area

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 05-05-2017

Day 31 (listened to one loop A, one loop B),

Changing to 2 loops of B tomorrow.
Day 18 of '100 Day Challenge'; read 15 books. And, I'm over halfway through my 16th book. So, I could finish 17 books tomorrow.

Tomorrow, it will probably be 'Mistakes Were Made' or 'Folly of Fools'.

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 05-06-2017

I went to bed with plenty of ideas for making money online (meaning that I won't need to live anywhere specific).

A couple of things that make decent money:

- Website tester (you need to create videos describing your experiences on a website): https://www.usertesting.com/

- Transcriber: Some sites pay about 50$ per audio-hour, which means that you could use technology to do most of the work and then you listen to verify.

- Part-Time Book-keeping: this requires subscribing to a 1700$ program and spending 10 weeks on it. I'll consider doing this after doing enough of the previous two.

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Benjamin - 05-06-2017

I looked into the transcribing a while ago and went looking for peoples experience, it seems more difficult than expected like some people weren't getting paid and it has to be done in a specific pedantic way. But it might be ok, you don't know unless you try. If you do i'd like to hear how you find it.

RE: Leisure Suit Danny - DMSI 3.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 05-06-2017

Yeah, I researched each of these money avenues and I slowly realized that they weren't as profitable as I realized... that brought about a feeling of dread, since I'll have to rely on more unreliable elements (direct sales from my products) to make this money.