Subliminal Talk
Disney Star Wars - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Disney Star Wars (/Thread-Disney-Star-Wars)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Disney Star Wars - RTBoss - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 02:38 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 07:11 AM)RTBoss Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 11:30 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: Except that Grandpa Vader turned back to the light side... Kylo must never have been told that story...

No one saw that story but Luke. Maybe Uncle Luke was lying? I don't know if the force ghosts stuck around to speak with Ben Solo.

After Luke Telling Leah that "there's good in him I FELT IT, he WON'T turn me over to the Emperor, I can save him, I can turn him BACK to the GOOD SIDE... I have to try"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYX_PgorRY

You really think he would have stayed silent? Or would he have said "Leah, I saved our father. in the end, he returned to the light side."?

It's still just a one man story.

RE: Disney Star Wars - SargeMaximus - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 04:05 PM)RTBoss Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 02:38 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 07:11 AM)RTBoss Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 11:30 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: Except that Grandpa Vader turned back to the light side... Kylo must never have been told that story...

No one saw that story but Luke. Maybe Uncle Luke was lying? I don't know if the force ghosts stuck around to speak with Ben Solo.

After Luke Telling Leah that "there's good in him I FELT IT, he WON'T turn me over to the Emperor, I can save him, I can turn him BACK to the GOOD SIDE... I have to try"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYX_PgorRY

You really think he would have stayed silent? Or would he have said "Leah, I saved our father. in the end, he returned to the light side."?

It's still just a one man story.

Well I wonder why Leah wouldn't believe him, or why Kylo wouldn't believe his parents or Luke.

Actually, THAT sounds like an original plot! Let's have that story next! Big Grin

RE: Disney Star Wars - SargeMaximus - 12-27-2016

Shit, just saw on CNN that Carrie Fisher is dead.

RE: Disney Star Wars - RTBoss - 12-27-2016

(12-27-2016, 11:04 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote: Shit, just saw on CNN that Carrie Fisher is dead.

It's a sad day. A tweet Warwick Davis posted choked me up good.

(12-27-2016, 03:16 PM)RTBoss Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 11:04 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote: Shit, just saw on CNN that Carrie Fisher is dead.

It's a sad day. A tweet Warwick Davis posted choked me up good.

Yeah man it's crazy. Life is so short.

RE: Disney Star Wars - Life - 12-27-2016

Being deceptive killing his father was the darkest quality

Maybe the director was connecting that character to the millennial generation growing up. They surely did pick all the negative qualities though and left out the sound decision making

RE: Disney Star Wars - apollolux - 12-27-2016

Millennials haven't yet proven themselves to have sound decision making on the whole. Occupy Wall Street is a great example of that, a bunch of millennials camping out in protest pretending they actually know what they're protesting and why and that they have a constructive and viable solution when they could have been doing something productive instead.

Kylo Ren is very much an accurate portrayal of millennials so far.

(12-27-2016, 06:51 PM)apollolux Wrote: Millennials haven't yet proven themselves to have sound decision making on the whole. Occupy Wall Street is a great example of that, a bunch of millennials camping out in protest pretending they actually know what they're protesting and why and that they have a constructive and viable solution when they could have been doing something productive instead.

Kylo Ren is very much an accurate portrayal of millennials so far.

Never thought of that. Very interesting...

That's a bit of a generalization don't ya think? I'm a millennial, what am I supposed to think about that post?

Some clarification just so that we're on the same page.

It's true at some times I feel more powerful than the men 20 years my elder. I don't think it's about not working hard enough for what we want but the shame that is dumped on others when our belief for what is deserved is so strong. That doesn't sound perfect I know but there's a power struggle between our independence and equality to our predecessors ego.

(12-27-2016, 09:29 PM)James Bond Wrote: That's a bit of a generalization don't ya think? I'm a millennial, what am I supposed to think about that post?

Some clarification just so that we're on the same page.

It's true at some times I feel more powerful than the men 20 years my elder. I don't think it's about not working hard enough for what we want but the shame that is dumped on others when our belief for what is deserved is so strong. That doesn't sound perfect I know but there's a power struggle between our independence and equality to our predecessors ego.

So true. I experienced that a LOT in sales. Older men seem to believe they deserve more respect than they give out.

However, younger guys would be wise to learn from those who came before them and have overcome many of life's challenges.

RE: Disney Star Wars - apollolux - 12-27-2016

There are exceptions of course. As long as one is willing to become better and makes legitimate effort towards that end then I would easily consider that person respectable.

The generalization of "the millennial" that I described is a general apathy towards constructs currently in existence (usually in America or other similarly "first-world" regions) but that apathy also extends to willingness to do something constructive to improve that since you've likely been taught one way or another that it's not worth fighting. It's not necessarily the fault of millennials that it's reached that point, it's been spiraling downward since the baby boomer era.

Baby boomers were the first generation to have "modern amenities" in abundance like electric appliances and particularly televisions, and the first generation born since the introduction of the social security to actually age into receiving its benefits. The monetary inflation that happened as baby boomers grew up likely became a major contributing factor in the reduction of the practicality of the idea that "harder working = more successful," and that almost certainly increased perpetuation of apathy against such. "Generation X" tried to respond with "rebellion" but then their "plight" was co-opted by and repurposed into pop media. "Generation Y" was seen as a copycat of Generation X and, not coincidentally, it was during this period when cookie-cutter media like Britney Spears and 98 Degrees started to be produced and consumed en masse.

Each generation has seen more people become strictly consumers and fewer become producers. Producers currently hold the power, and so far on a large scale that hasn't yet been millennials.

I agree but like what sarge said we're forced to swallow our opinions and learn from elders as if the past is more right then the present or future. I appear ignorant because I have no doubt the future will be better while people that criticize seem to be trying to recreate "the good old days".

This entire frame feels passive and real change only occurs when people are dominated just like we would like our subliminal results to dominate our lives.

Maybe it's similar to the David vs Goliath story. I just think it's foolish to think nothing but evolution will come from our future generations. How does thinking anything but that help us now?

To improve could be based on insecurity or drive. I don't respect a person who would choose indulgence over improvement but with all strategies there has to be a balance of factors for effectiveness. So the question of existence is resistance? As much as I value myself I don't think I could really be valueing life. Mainly because of the term live every moment like it's your last. If that is my belief is the issue with the person living or "watching"

RE: Disney Star Wars - RTBoss - 03-02-2017

While we're waiting for V3.1 to release, I thought I'd share this:

If you've seen Rogue One, liked it or didn't like, you should find this hilarious.