Subliminal Talk
My plan, about me and my goals. - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: My plan, about me and my goals. (/Thread-My-plan-about-me-and-my-goals)

My plan, about me and my goals. - Firas1 - 12-05-2016

Hello all

Let me tell you a bit about myself, I'm a 21 year old male who suffers from pretty extreme social anxiety/shyness/lack of confidence.
I'm probably the shyest and underconfident MAN you will find anywhere.
You see, I don't know if it's one problem or two or three separate problems.
Also recently I have developed a bad stutter, and also I've noticed that I have a problem where I am finding it difficult to find words when speaking and to construct a proper sentence comfortably and effortlessly.
I researched this problem and it came up with something called aphasia or expressive aphasia.
Basically my speech feels forced and when answering even basic questions such as why did you choose to do this job, I feel anxiety, and my mind just goes blank and the sentence just doesn't come out right.

Sometimes people may take advantage of me or make some smart comment and I'm not able to stand up for myself in the correct manner because of this very problem.

So basically, I'm unable to have a proper, smooth, effortless COMFORTABLE, AND enjoyable conversation with someone because of this problem.
Intelligent conversation is supposed to be as easy and comfortable as breathing but for me it's not.

I've read that aquired stuttering and aphasia in adulthood is caused by injury to the head, a stroke or brain tumor. As far as I know, none of those things have happened to me.

I'm planning a visit to the doctor within the next week to determine whether or not something is wrong with my brain or if it's just psychological/me needing to change my belief system and gain confidence.

I know these subs require a lot of time, I just hope the journey isn't TOO long especially with the extent of my problems.

So I plan to do 90 days of ASC. Hoping this is enough for the next stage..
Then I'm thinking of doing the alpha male programme, I believe it's over half a year to run that. I'm hoping one run will be enough considering the amount of time gone already.
Then I have a choice.

My goal is to be free from social anxiety, shyness and to be a self confident man who is able to have intelligent conversations smoothly and comfortably.

RE: My plan, about me and my goals. - Shannon - 12-05-2016

Welcome aboard.

Stuttering is most commonly a physiological response to subconscious fears, from what I have seen.

RE: My plan, about me and my goals. - THolt - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 05:24 PM)Shannon Wrote: Welcome aboard.

Stuttering is most commonly a physiological response to subconscious fears, from what I have seen.

I have a stuttering problem as well. What fears could cause stuttering?

RE: My plan, about me and my goals. - Shannon - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 05:57 PM)THolt Wrote:

I have seen it come from fear of public speaking, and stem from extremes of social anxiety. I'm sure I have not seen all the reasons with just those two though.

RE: My plan, about me and my goals. - apollolux - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 06:01 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 05:57 PM)THolt Wrote:

I have seen it come from fear of public speaking, and stem from extremes of social anxiety. I'm sure I have not seen all the reasons with just those two though.

Another common reason for stuttering is fear of not being heard, usually happening when raised in an environment where one is being stifled or otherwise restricted thus wanting to get all of one's thoughts out before being cut off.