Subliminal Talk
Aventus's E2 --->DMSI V3.0.1 journey - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Aventus's E2 --->DMSI V3.0.1 journey (/Thread-Aventus-s-E2-DMSI-V3-0-1-journey)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Aventus's E2 --->DMSI V3.0.1 journey - Shannon - 01-20-2017

Shannon knows. Wink

RE: Aventus's E2 --->DMSI V3.0.1 journey - maxx55 - 01-20-2017

If possible, could you post a link to the pics. I'd like to know what the body language looks like Smile

If you get the link, it's most obvious in the three images at the bottom of the page.

RE: Aventus's E2 --->DMSI V3.0.1 journey - Aventus45 - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 09:53 PM)Shannon Wrote: If you get the link, it's most obvious in the three images at the bottom of the page.

As an experienced photographer, how would you improve the last three pictures?

(01-20-2017, 09:58 PM)Aventus45 Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 09:53 PM)Shannon Wrote: If you get the link, it's most obvious in the three images at the bottom of the page.

Given the circumstances, it appears that those were sort of informal and playful, so you wouldn't have directed her much. If you were directing her, I would have had her body at more of an angle so that one shoulder was closer to the camera than the other. If you can't direct her, move yourself to get that effect.

Generally for portraiture, you want to focus the eye of the viewer on the subjects eyes first and face second. One big way to do that is to use a wider f/stop. You appear to have been using something around f/5.6, and I would open it up to 2.8 if you've got that. Blow out your background as much as possible. But make sure you have those eyes in sharp focus!

By her expressions you were probably being playful, which is good. However, the cup... the cup is hiding too much of her face in my opinion. I suspect that may have been intentional on her part, as she was trying to signal and hide at the same time.

The tilt to her head in the leftmost pic on the bottom row is a good thing, you want a tilt. Angles are interesting to the eye. She has a beautiful smile... don't let her hide it! Get her from different angles. Fill the frame with your subject. You did a pretty good job of capturing her emotions.

RE: Aventus's E2 --->DMSI V3.0.1 journey - Aventus45 - 01-21-2017

(01-20-2017, 10:19 PM)Shannon Wrote:

Given the circumstances, it appears that those were sort of informal and playful, so you wouldn't have directed her much. If you were directing her, I would have had her body at more of an angle so that one shoulder was closer to the camera than the other. If you can't direct her, move yourself to get that effect.

Generally for portraiture, you want to focus the eye of the viewer on the subjects eyes first and face second. One big way to do that is to use a wider f/stop. You appear to have been using something around f/5.6, and I would open it up to 2.8 if you've got that. Blow out your background as much as possible. But make sure you have those eyes in sharp focus!

By her expressions you were probably being playful, which is good. However, the cup... the cup is hiding too much of her face in my opinion. I suspect that may have been intentional on her part, as she was trying to signal and hide at the same time.

The tilt to her head in the leftmost pic on the bottom row is a good thing, you want a tilt. Angles are interesting to the eye. She has a beautiful smile... don't let her hide it! Get her from different angles. Fill the frame with your subject. You did a pretty good job of capturing her emotions.
Good advice thanks! I'm still not comfortable with the directing of models. That's probably why I took to documentary and reportage style. And that's why it was directed much of at all. I'm more bothered by the fact that you got the link to the pictures!

RE: Aventus's E2 --->DMSI V3.0.1 journey - Shannon - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 02:53 AM)Aventus45 Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 10:19 PM)Shannon Wrote:

Good advice thanks! I'm still not comfortable with the directing of models. That's probably why I took to documentary and reportage style. And that's why it was directed much of at all. I'm more bothered by the fact that you got the link to the pictures!

Why would that bother you. You learned something important because of it.

RE: Aventus's E2 --->DMSI V3.0.1 journey - Aventus45 - 01-24-2017

Day 49
I read an INFP blog and it spoke to my soul. it pretty much opened my eyes about myself a bit as well as aspects of INFPs. One thing that struck me was sensitivity. As I pondered it, my heart chakra started opening up and pulsating warm fuzzy energies. A tear almost left my eye haha.

RE: Aventus's E2 --->DMSI V3.0.1 journey - Chris P. Bacon - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 12:55 PM)Aventus45 Wrote: I read an INFP blog and it spoke to my soul.

LINKS!!!!!! I WANT LINKS!!!!!!!!

(01-24-2017, 01:06 PM)Wharrgarbl Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 12:55 PM)Aventus45 Wrote: I read an INFP blog and it spoke to my soul.

LINKS!!!!!! I WANT LINKS!!!!!!!!

Here is the linkkkkk: http://infpmastery.com/

RE: Aventus's E2 --->DMSI V3.0.1 journey - Chris P. Bacon - 01-24-2017

Good stuff! Read one blog entry and really enjoyed it.

(01-24-2017, 01:47 PM)Wharrgarbl Wrote: Good stuff! Read one blog entry and really enjoyed it.

Yeah man I'm reading his articles and I'm enjoying it. It's def empowering to me.

RE: Aventus's E2 --->DMSI V3.0.1 journey - Aventus45 - 01-26-2017

Day 51

C is no longer an option.

I'll give the Irish girl a chance and take her up. She DM'd me on Instagram.

RE: Aventus's E2 --->DMSI V3.0.1 journey - Aventus45 - 01-28-2017

Day 53

My day instantly went to shit when I heard my co-workers are messing around with the Asian co-worker. Another indication that i'm no where near done healing. I just bought inear headphones for the hybrid track and give that a whirl.

In other news, I was on the train today and there was this Asian girl that sat in front of me. She had her legs and feet pointed at me and slightly inwards. then she was opening and closing her legs repeatedly in a rapid manner. Like she's moving them an inch or two apart. I then felt a surge of aura projecting from my heart and flowed out though my palms.

At least I know the aura is sort of activating.