Subliminal Talk
Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal (/Thread-Baby-This-is-Ignition-Ampers-d-s-BASE-2-1-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-14-2016

I'm getting ideas out the wazoo when it comes to the book I'm writing. I'll likely set a goal to finish research and write it before my birthday in March.

The Wikileaks debacle sure is interesting; it blows the Democratic side wide open (though I know that Republicans have skeletons in their closets). I want the two-party system to be over, and I want legacy media as we know it to cease to exist. I want a up-rising in alternative media, who must compete with one another to remain relevant by reporting stories accurately and with minimal bias.

The Young Turks is a great case study of an alternative media source that once were impartial, but became high on their own power. People have caught on, and they're now tremendously disliked.

There needs to be a Renaissance to journalism, a Renaissance to politics, and a Renaissance to our public discourse, and I sense as though my book will contribute to this Renaissance.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - DisneylandUSA - 10-15-2016

(10-14-2016, 09:29 PM)DanAmerson Wrote: I'm getting ideas out the wazoo when it comes to the book I'm writing. I'll likely set a goal to finish research and write it before my birthday in March.

The Wikileaks debacle sure is interesting; it blows the Democratic side wide open (though I know that Republicans have skeletons in their closets). I want the two-party system to be over, and I want legacy media as we know it to cease to exist. I want a up-rising in alternative media, who must compete with one another to remain relevant by reporting stories accurately and with minimal bias.

The Young Turks is a great case study of an alternative media source that once were impartial, but became high on their own power. People have caught on, and they're now tremendously disliked.

There needs to be a Renaissance to journalism, a Renaissance to politics, and a Renaissance to our public discourse, and I sense as though my book will contribute to this Renaissance.

The Renaissance Man: Glad that the BASE program is helping you write your book; Yes, research is a time consuming task with writing. Perhaps, the 'Renaissance' period will re-cycle back to todays' Millennial Generation. Tongue

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-16-2016

Stage 1, Day 30,

I've been building up this nice warm feeling inside; I've coincidentally begun a no-Fap streak (3 days now), and I've been reading more about sexuality and masculinity.

I've delineated a master list of books I'd like to research before I charge through my own book. I'll try to get as many books from the library as possible, but I'll buy a couple when I get the chance.

I am under the impression that my motivation will surge when I begin Stage 2, assuming that each stage passes off nicely from one to the other.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-17-2016

Stage 1, Day 31,

Well, I'm scraped my streak at 4 days; I had made a pretty great sex toy from an empty supplement bottle. I'll throw it away tonight to avoid being tempted.

I'm practicing with Spreeder for conditioning my speed reading speed. I'm trying out 500 words per minute. It's obviously supposed to be too difficult to keep up, for the first few attempts. I'll give it a couple of days, and I'll build up my speed up to 1000 wpm, which I'm told is completely possible.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-18-2016

Stage 1, Day 32

Before moving onto the next stage, allow me to make a new evaluation

1. Ultra Motivation: 2/10 : Motivation really hasn't increased

2. Maximum Productivity: 5/10: My productivity has gone up, but marginally

3. Ultra Success: 3/10: I'm giving a bit a of a damn about success

4. Luck Magnifier: 4/10: I've had a couple of lucky stints; a job interview comes out of nowhere. I also found a 5$ bill at work.

5. Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear: 2/10: I actually feel MORE guilty about living with my parents; the fact that I'm not supporting myself feels worse. But, this could be a positive drive.

6. Positive Thinking, Positive Attitude: 6/10: A marginal improvement

7. Maximum Sales Success: 3/10: I think that I've learned a ton about rhetoric and convincing people.

8. Optimus Engine 2.1: Nothing major to report.

10. Action Orientation: 1 to 2/10 The same; no major change.

11. Goal Orientation: 1 to 2/10: The same; no major change.

12. Pragmatic & Practical: 5/10: My thinking has improve a little bit.

13. Laser-Like Focus & Concentration: 4/10: This has actually worsened since stopping MLS

14. Fearlessly Transition To An Entrepreneurial Mindset: 2/10: There is a shift towards wanting to do my own independent thing, but I'm unsure how to do it.

15. Assertiveness Training: 8/10: I'm much more assertive.

18. Courageous: 3/10: Minor improvement.

19. Win-Win Mindset: 8/10: About the same.

24. Better With Maths & Numbers: 7/10: Though I'm good at arithmetic, proportions, ratios, percentages, and geometry, I'm not experienced in taxes, accounting, and other practical things. I look forward to the improved math abilities.

25. Balance Your Brain Hemispheres: 5/10 I have no point of reference, but I'm able to reconcile both the logical and the emotional. During this stage, I came to realize that we often have incorrect logical premises that are bolstered by emotion.

26. Become A Money Magnet: 2/10: No major shifts.

27. Deservedness For Success As An Entrepreneur: 3/10: Not feeling it quite yet, BUT, I feel as though I can eventually succeed.

28. Polymorphic Aura: 5/10 I feel as though I can modify my demeanor with each person. With my cousin's boyfriend, I usually put him off a little by my demeanor, I noticed that my vibe was toned down quite a bit. There are other examples of success in this stage.

29. Disconnect From Negativity Within: 5/10: Marginal improvement.

30. Disconnect From Other People’s Negativity: 6/10: I don't give much of a shit.

31. Ego Balancing: 5/10: I've swung from arrogant to angry to shy to passive. It's still adjusting.

32. Maximum Sleep Quality: 4/10: Still some issues with sleeping, but I find that I can get more rest from less sleep. The last few days, I slept 7-8 hours, and I was fully rested.

33. End Clutter & Get Organized: 4/10: Didn't do very much

34. Extreme Self Esteem: 6/10: Feeling better about myself

35. Forgive Others & Let It Go: 8/10 Improved

36. Forgive Yourself & Move On: 8/10: Improved

37. Get Out Of Debt: 8/10: I'm 250$ closer to getting out of debt.

38. Psychic Ability To Get Ahead As A Successful Entrepreneur: No comment,

40. Negative Stress Relief: 7/10: About the same

41/44. Seize The Day/Seek the Challenge: 3/10: About the same

42. Stop Using Recreational Drugs & Alcohol: 9/10: Drinking less beer than usual. Not smoking anything.

43. Prioritize Effectively: 5/10: About the same.

46. Emotional Healing & Pain Relief: 6/10. Some improvement; I've had some emotional bubbles coming up.

47. Accept & Take Personal Responsibility For Your Choices, Actions, Results & Life: 8/10: Improvement

48. Dream Your Best Solution: Nothing [/b]

49. Maximum Learning Speed: 9/10: Maintaining my learning ability

50. Kill Excuses: 8/10: I'm having a more 'no bullshit' approach. Given that my ability to fix my situation is about the same, I feel a sort of slingshot effect. This discrepancy will build an emotional motivation.

51. Persistence & Perseverance: 5/10: Nothing to persevere over, given that I've now begun any major undertaking. But, I'm sticking to programs and routines a little more.

52. Wealth Ceiling Destruction: 2/10: No major changes

53. Self Discipline: 4/10: Marginal improvement.

54. Refusal To Accept Anything But Success: 3/10: I want to succeed a little more.

56. Find The Niche & Develop It (Know What People Need & Turn It Into Success): 2/10: Nothing yet.

57. Paced Working & Entrepreneurial Efforts To Steady The Approach/Drive/Motivation & Prevent Burnout: No comment

58. Disconnect From Distractions: 4/10: About the same.

59. Believe In Yourself & Your Choices, Goals & Methods, Regardless Of What Others Say, As Long As You Have Verified The Validity For Yourself: Lol 2/10: This skill is still in its embryonic stage.

60. Mindfulness Of How You Are Spending Your Time: 6/10: Some realizations, which have led me to become more pragmatic

61. Value Your Time Highly Enough To Refuse To Waste It: Having my time wasted has led me to act brashly and suddenly, but I've become more zen about it. I've had the "I'm going to die" moment in this past week, and I've realized that I'm technically in my mid-20s (at 24 years old). That jarred me.

62. Frame Your Path & Walking Your Path To Success As An Entrepreneur As Being Fun & Enjoyable: 6/10: Nothing major to report.

64. Natural Socialization: 5/10: Marginal improvement

70. Always Seek & Find The Positive Opportunity That Every Challenge Brings With It & Put It To Its Best Possible Use: Nothing to report

71. Select One Overarching Primary Goal/Purpose:Nothing to report

72. Maintain Consistency In Everything You Do Towards Your Goal: 7/10

76. Always Improving Yourself As An Entrepreneur 5/10 Improvement in reading speed, self-defense, rhetorical ability, personal strength.

77. Normalization Of/Comfort With/Acceptance Of The Changes To Oneself & One’s Situation & Finances That Is Required To Achieve High Success: 3/10: No changes yet.

81. Prevent Others From Taking Advantage Of You, Scamming You, Etc.: 5/10: I've learned some key elements of manipulative personalities, and have been able to structure it.

82. Value The Customer Over The Money They Provide, & Seek A Stable, Long Term Approach To Business & Business Success: 8/10:
I've been thinking more about legacy over money. I think your reputation is more important. Who cares how wealthy Dale Carnegie was when he died? The point is, large numbers in the self-improvement niche know his name, and speak of him positively.

84. Spend Wisely & Always With An Eye To How It Will Enhance Your Success & Position In Your Field: 8/10: Yes.

86. Be Open To The Possibility Of Being Wrong, Recognize It & Make It Right ASAP When You Are: 9/10: This has been pronounced, and has been accentuated in the past few days.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-18-2016

Stage 2, Day 1

Now, let's cover the modules that exclusively begin in Stage 2

9. Improved Communication: 8/10 I'm already a pretty good communicator; I fully welcome the benefits of this module, as I'm technically writing a book about it.

21. Charismatic Presence: 3/10 Once again, I fully welcome these benefits. I feel that my looks account for most of my charisma, at this moment in time.

22. Successful Negotiator: 2/10 I don't stake enough when I negotiate. I don't have the self-confidence to walk away from a deal, so I take the scraps. I'm certain that any improvements in this domain will bleed over into my book.

45. Powerful Personal Presence & Strength: 2/10 I'm 190 lbs, 6'2", yet a bit of a wallflower. I've toned down my presence, presumably because I didn't want to intimidate other people, but I think that this is an excuse.

55. Tempered Gratitude (Non-Motivation Destroying): 5/10 I am grateful for the good/great things in my life, and for my qualities and virtues as they are, but my motivation hasn't been destroyed by this sort of gratitude; my gratitude was affected by something else, likely, lack of momentum, comfort, and complacency.

63. Networking Skills: 0-1/10 I have a very small social network, and I have virtually nothing for a business network. If I learn how to relate with people quickly, this will go into my book as well.

69. Always Let Your Market Be Your Guide: no way of gauging my number

73. Have The Courage To Ask For/Expect/Demand Fair Compensation For The Value You Bring To Market: 1/10 With one exception, I've never held a job above minimum wage. Even with my exception, I fell into that job, as my sister secured it for me. I welcome these benefits.

74. Learn How To Reasonably & Objectively Determine Fair Value For Your Product/Service Value: 4/10 I used to be quite bad with determining how valuable a thing was to other people. I'm generally okay at it.

78. Effective & Successful Competition Where Necessary: 3/10 I'm not very competitive, but Jiu Jitsu has helped me develop this trait.

79. Only Compete Where Necessary & Use The Competition Or Lack Thereof To Your Advantage: 3/10 I'm selectively competitive, but I don't compete hard enough to win.

80. Protect Your Assets: 4/10 I'm generally guarded about my assets, but I don't have any type of system for reaching out and building relations in relation to money.

83. Become The Best Of The Best In Your Field: 2-8/10 I'm a poor singer, but a great songwriter. I want this shit! NOW!

85. Express Success In All Ways, Even Before You Have Achieved It: 3/10 No real expression of success, though I have a positive attitude.

Waiting for O'Keefe to drop his second video on the DN.C today feels like political Christmas. Or maybe more like Hanukkah, given that he's dropping a video each day for 3-4 days.

Edit: Oh man, it's beautiful; so beautiful !

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-20-2016

Stage 2, Day 3,

I feel as though I'm being pulled away from reading my books, and pulled towards improving my reading speed.

I now have a job that will pay twice as much per hour as my current job, is full-time, is a more 9 to 5 job (vs. 4pm to close), and is 1/4 of the commute. These are all great things, because:

i) Double the hourly income is great because I'm actually able to make more significant purchases, as well as putting tremendous amounts of money into savings (I'll probably stow away 50-75% into savings). I need a new laptop though, as my current one is full of bugs and is rifled with glacial speeds.

ii) Full-time is good because it means even more hours, thus more money

iii) The 9 to 5 aspect is great because I can take up more of my evening BJJ classes, and maybe even take up Muy Thai; I was hesitant beforehand because I only had a limited amount of nights off.

iv) 1/4 of the commute means I can save time and gas as I go to work. Unfortunately, I'll need to prioritize my singing, given that I normally warm up in the car for 25-30 minutes.

EDIT: Does anybody know of a great laptop that is fast (relatively high RAM), reliable, at least 500GB, and okay for occasional editing (audio, video, etc.)? I found this one:

https://www.amazon.ca/F555LA-Full-HD-Laptop-500GB-Windows/dp/B011KFQASE/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1476938261&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=Lenovo+Ideapad+7105

I might want Lenovo Ideapad 7105 i5, though.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-20-2016

My current Jiu-Jitsu practicing has left marks on my face. It almost looks like scars. I don't know why, but the girls at my work were much more flirty with me. It might also be due to the fact that I've built up another NoFap streak (3-4 days now).

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-21-2016

Stage 2, Day 4,

Changes have been small, but noticeable. I leave for work a few minutes earlier, and my showers have been shorter. I push a little harder at work.

I sat down with the pretty hot girl from work, when I typically shied away. And it was the easiest thing I did; it felt natural. She's opened up to me.

My Arabic vocab approach is easier; I went through a list of the 1000 top words, picking the first 20, and creating image-based associations to help. It's been very useful. I'll go through the next 20 right now.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-22-2016

Stage 2, Day 5,

It's a happy co-incidence that my income in November of this year will be greater than any month of my life by 1000$, all while I've not even breached 40 days of this program. EDIT: I should clarify that this income isn't coming from a business, but rather from public sector employment.

Perhaps the Money Magnet module is bringing in new and exciting things.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I've built up a 5 day noFap streak at this point; when it got busy, I became more frustrated than usual. But, I've been able to be more assertive with people who did annoying things.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-24-2016

Stage 2, Day 7,

I've had an issue with focus and distractions these past two days. I'm thinking that this is some way of working through the resistance. I'll get through it soon.

However, I've made a discovery as per my library; which is that I can request any book from any library across the province, with a waiting period of up to 3 weeks. This is amazing, as I can gain access to any book I want, without having to buy any single book that I don't want to hang on to for too long.

This opens up my outlook; I'm probably going to clean out my room and put in a little table for reading, and use it to speed-read my entire list. This list includes any books I deem useful for the book I'm writing.

Add-on: Still going strong on no-fap; 7 days, and no real temptation; this is testament to some increase in self-discipline

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - apollolux - 10-25-2016

The New York Public Library system has a similar book request mechanism and I've used it extensively for years to read books I would otherwise not be able to access. Great stuff that you have such a library system, Dan!

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-25-2016

Stage 2, Day 8,

My voice teacher said that I'm 'as good as they come' for 24 year-old bass singers (she's said that my voice is likely a bass instead of bass-baritone), even as good as any student who's gone to university for voice. This ties into the 'become the very best in your field' module.

My levels of ambition have increased, and motivation is still on the rise. I feel like I've been given the keys to the kingdom, but now I have to go out and find this kingdom. I know that my success will not happen in the next three, or even six months, but I know that it WILL eventually happen.

Still more to come.