Subliminal Talk
Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal (/Thread-Baby-This-is-Ignition-Ampers-d-s-BASE-2-1-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Bliss - 09-24-2016

I've just recently taken a keen interest in American politics and the issues going on there at the moment (I'm Australian). The facts are pretty insane and very different to the mainstream media narrative that is so commonly accepted. I've definitely had my eyes opened on a lot of things...

I understand where you're coming from in regards to your black friend, especially when you see some of the backlash from BLM supporters calling people racist and white supremacists for merely stating statistics. The truth can be ugly and difficult to swallow, but it's still the truth and it will ultimately set you free

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Lucius - 09-25-2016

(09-24-2016, 11:45 PM)bliss Wrote: I've just recently taken a keen interest in American politics and the issues going on there at the moment (I'm Australian). The facts are pretty insane and very different to the mainstream media narrative that is so commonly accepted. I've definitely had my eyes opened on a lot of things...

I understand where you're coming from in regards to your black friend, especially when you see some of the backlash from BLM supporters calling people racist and white supremacists for merely stating statistics. The truth can be ugly and difficult to swallow, but it's still the truth and it will ultimately set you free

As a black man, I hate when other black men use the racist cards for trivial things. It happens a lot. That said, I will have to repeat what Dan's friend said: "You wouldn't know unless you're black".

In recent years, there have been stories of convicts cleared of their crimes with the help of new DNA based evidences. A majority of these former convicts are African Americans (http://www.innocenceproject.org/dna-exonerations-in-the-united-states/). How do you explain this? I believe there are many more innocent people in prison who make up this "statistics".

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 09:04 AM)Lucius Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 11:45 PM)bliss Wrote: I've just recently taken a keen interest in American politics and the issues going on there at the moment (I'm Australian). The facts are pretty insane and very different to the mainstream media narrative that is so commonly accepted. I've definitely had my eyes opened on a lot of things...

As a black man, I hate when other black men use the racist cards for trivial things. It happens a lot. That said, I will have to repeat what Dan's friend said: "You wouldn't know unless you're black".

In recent years, there have been stories of convicts cleared of their crimes with the help of new DNA based evidences. A majority of these former convicts are African Americans (http://www.innocenceproject.org/dna-exonerations-in-the-united-states/). How do you explain this? I believe there are many more innocent people in prison who make up this "statistics".

To answer the bold part, it grates me a bit, as you're making a claim to special knowledge; you claim to know the black experience, as well as the white experience, and that you can compare the two in your head, whereas I merely have my measly white experience, with no insight into the black experience. This is why I prefer statistics, because human experience is numerically condensed, and we're not throwing anecdotes at one another.

To answer the italicized part, I like the numbers, but it seems a bit incomplete. This page rightly focuses on those exonerated for crimes that people did not commit. At the same time, it's impossible to know the number of people who remain in jail, despite their innocence. This is because every one of these innocent people - currently in jail - would require an investigation to prove their innocence, and if they're found to be innocent, they would likely be exonerated. Who's to say that there aren't more white people in jail, who could be exonerated, but haven't been? It could also be black people, though (I'm no expert). This reminds me a bit of the 'To Make a Murderer' show, which I haven't watched.

Anyhow, I dare not say that the legal system is great, let alone perfect, but the strategy used by Democrats to label all police activity as racially biased or discriminatory is not only counterproductive, but rather evil, as it forces an entire group of Americans (i.e. Black Americans) into a state of being in which they anticipate that the administers of justice (i.e. the police) are not at all interested in justice, but rather more interested in victimizing the members of their group.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Bliss - 09-26-2016

It appears the left is dividing on purpose. People are much easier to control that way. They insist on slapping labels on people; sexist, racist, islamaphobe, xenophobe, deplorable lol. Not to mention the war on free speech..

I agree with you Dan. This perpetual victim mentality is a big problem.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 09-26-2016

Stage 1, Day 9 (am),

Unsure if Stage 1 is built like a slingshot, where ambition and desire is built up over time, then eventually channeled towards a singular goal. This is because, at this moment, I'm not driven towards any project. However, I feel more personally empowered. I am, however, working hard on my German flashcards, my System of Logic book.

I keep having this dream where I'm in uni, and I'm taking four classes, but I'm only attending two. One of the two classes I don't attend seems to be biochemistry; I keep missing the classes, and I don't even know when the mid-terms are, I don't know when the classes are, I don't know what the material is, or if I've already failed the class. It's stressful when you don't know that it's a dream.

I think that my sex drive may be coming back as well; I was not driven, by any means, to pursue sex with anyone, which had led me to believe that the effects of SM3.0 have dissolved. However, it troubled me that I had virtually zero interest in it.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 09-26-2016

If Trump could just control himself, he could win this debate. But we're about 1 hour in...

[Edit: August 2018: This is an opinion that I no longer fully support. I might still have agreements with certain elements of this opinion, but not in full.]

Stage 1, Day 9 (pm),

I got to page 600 in my System of Logic book; still 60 pages left to go, but I DEFINITELY need to re-read it. I wouldn't recommend this book to any casual reader, due to the severe wordiness and circle-spinning, I need to get all the extremely valuable information out of this book a second time. I find that the first reading of a complex book is a simple formality, which is the simple means to get to the second reading, where you truly get the valuable information. I had to read a book called 'The Trivium' three times before I was comfortable with the information, and I'm glad that I did.

My jiu-jitsu went well; I was the only student, so the instructor was incredibly patient and nice to me. It went very smoothly. The head coach spoke nicely about me as well.

On the way out, I saw an Audi TT, and I must say that this is a car of great interest to me.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 09-27-2016

Stage 1, Day 10,

Now at page 614/659 of my System of Logic book. Will read a little more before bed.
It was my day off today, so I made sure to go for sushi. Gosh, I'm glad I did.

I managed 3.5 hours of Jiu Jitsu. I'm improving, as I've managed to get a submission from about 1/3 of the people I've rolled with. This is a great improvement from 0/3. But, I hurt someone's shoulder by setting up the kimora; he sat himself straight up when he was in my guard, allowing me to sink it in deeper. It went a little too far for comfort.

I also took my singing lesson; my singing teacher literally did a 'OMG that is such a beautiful sound; hmpf!' when I was singing in the lower range. E4 is becoming more comfortable, but nothing that I would bet on hitting most of the time. However, when I line up my breath well, it all comes out very easily.

Edit: I caught a 30 second segment on 'The View'; they were celebrating that the average dress size for a woman has gone UP! from a size 14 to a size 16. HOORAY!! Shoot me.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 09-28-2016

I'm encouraged that I need to scroll down to the second page of this forum section in order to find my thread; it means that more people are buying these subs, as well as creating journals about their experience. This phenomenon began about 6 months ago, to the extent that it has been this 'busy'.

I'm finding myself hornier than usual, but it's an under-current; I'm able to keep it under control, without throwing this energy away Wink

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - apollolux - 09-28-2016

(09-27-2016, 05:51 PM)DanAmerson Wrote: I managed 3.5 hours of Jiu Jitsu. I'm improving, as I've managed to get a submission from about 1/3 of the people I've rolled with. This is a great improvement from 0/3. But, I hurt someone's shoulder by setting up the kimora; he sat himself straight up when he was in my guard, allowing me to sink it in deeper. It went a little too far for comfort.

Wouldn't it be his fault then? If you set up the kimura properly he definitely should've tapped instead. That's Submissions 101.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 09-28-2016

It might have been not 100% proper, given that I took advantage of 4-6 new inches of space he created when he sprang himself upwards.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 09-29-2016

Stage 1, Day 12 (am),

I've just begun a course called 'Superlearner'; it seems to fit my knowledge of mnemonics, and seems viable. It's part speed-reading, but involves increasing your working memory in order to avoid making speedreading just faster reading.

Without adapting your neurology to the increased information, you're not really able to pick up the reading pace without losing information.

I find that I'm wasting time this early in the morning.

Add-on: Watching tv, and surprised that I'm finding many more women very attractive. Not to mention that I haven't choked the chicken in the last four days, and I'm not all that compelled to do so.

Add-on the second: I'm noticing that I'm not feeling this same feeling of anger as I used to, whenever I'd watch any Comedy Central "comedy" (leftist) talk shows. I find their nit-picking hilarious, and I can sit back and laugh at their mistakes (my logical abilities are improving) and their desperation. It must be selling feature #30: Disconnect From Other People's Negativity

I'm at page 630/659, about 21/22ths through Smile
This will happen just in time for Amazon to deliver my new books! I also need to read 'Rhetoric' by Aristotle, and 'Common Sense'/'Rights of Man'/'Age of Reason' by Thomas Paine.

Also, doing image-based exercises for the SuperLearner course; I was able to memorize and recognize 14 images at a time; not my biggest feat, but it's find that I'm moving forward.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-01-2016

Stage 1, Day 14 (am),

Averaging 11.5 hours a day of listening to this sub.

Finally finished the System of Logic book. All 660 pages! Will need to re-read it; maybe not now, but perhaps once I read the philosophers he references quite frequently when discussing metaphysics, such as Hobbes, Locke, Aristotle, etc. No wonder it took so long (I began reading this book since May!!!); an average page has about 600 words. Assuming each page holds the same amount, that makes 396,000 words! That's about half the length of the entire Bible.

I'd like to read 'Rhetoric' by Aristotle, maybe even 'Poetics'. Perhaps, I'll read 'Politics', but I might bail early, or skim through it. Then, my Thomas Paine book.

It seems like this subliminal is leading me towards personal excellence, and accomplishing the goals I set out in MLS with more rigor.

RE: Baby This is Ignition! - Ampers&d's BASE 2.1 Journal - Ampersnd - 10-01-2016

Stage 1, Day 14 (pm),

Did not mention that this morning, I deeply felt a 'I should not be here' feeling; I felt as though I was being a burden to my parents. Now we're talking.

But, I don't feel any sense of urgency when it comes to getting my life together in the pecuniary sense. Come on, Ultra Motivation!

However, I've been in the proactive mode when it comes to upgrading my reading speed and my singing ability.