Subliminal Talk
JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 (/Thread-JAKE-S-EHPRA-2-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Bwarrior - 11-29-2016

(11-28-2016, 09:57 AM)Jake2015 Wrote:
(11-28-2016, 08:21 AM)Bwarrior Wrote: I think you should use Ultrasonic. Don't rely on your laptop speaker since you don't know it's frequency response if it has 20khz or higher. better buy an external speakers that has 20khz or higher.
I was an e2 user while listening @ ultrasonic only. within 60days it really works as promised!

I've searched and can't find any speakers that are above 20khz, do you know of any? 23khz ideally?

and how were you listening, can you share your regime please.

thank you

It is easy to buy a speakers that has 20khz. When you go shopping, frequency response can be indicated usually at the back of the box. Some Quality speakers goes beyond 20khz frequency response same as headphones or earphones but you dont need a minimum of 20khz if you are using it with Masked subs.

When I'm using E2, my minimum listening time was about 6-8 hours because I let it run while I'm sleeping.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 12-05-2016

THANK YOU SHANNON
and others that have kindly commented.

This is the new strategy.

Shannon's way is what ill try for as he is after all the creator.

I hope this works for me.

I will play E2 across all my devices at 50% volume.

I will alternative between Masked and US depending on whether I am using earphones/headphones or my laptop speakers.

I will aim to play for 5hours a day (ideally at 1 sitting if I can otherwise not).

This will be for 6months.

I will try to record my listening times in hours listened per day to help me track the 5hours.

I will try to begin this Immediately otherwise after Xmas when I am back from my vacation/holidays.

1 Question:
50% on a laptop & Frequensee.

I believe 50% volume on a laptop means to turn the volume of the laptop to 100% and then turn the volume of the player (iTunes player in my case, or VLC for others) to 50%, is this correct?

I did the above and with Frequensee I got a peak around 20KHZ, from -70db to -50db at my ears, and just about -40db at the speakers of the laptop. Is this okay?

Thank you - Wish me luck Shy

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Chris P. Bacon - 12-05-2016

Good luck dude.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 12:59 PM)Wharrgarbl Wrote: Good luck dude.

Thank you very much Wharrgabl. I appreciate it Smile

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 12-08-2016

With the New strategy in place, can someone tell me if the frequensee question in my post (mentioned 3 posts above - starting with thanking Shannon) is ok please.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - 4Kingdoms - 12-09-2016

Great idea using the Frequensee app!! All volumes are set differently across all your devices. I suggest you adjust the volume on all your devices so they have the same -db level on the Frequensee app.

That is a better way to adjust the volume, by setting the volume on all the devices to the same -db level.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Benjamin - 12-09-2016

If you're gonna do what Shannon recommended then you can do night listening again. What I recommended was just something to try.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 01:37 PM)4Kingdoms Wrote: Great idea using the Frequensee app!! All volumes are set differently across all your devices. I suggest you adjust the volume on all your devices so they have the same -db level on the Frequensee app.

That is a better way to adjust the volume, by setting the volume on all the devices to the same -db level.

Thank you for replying 4Kingdoms. Im not sure i understand though.

The volume across all my devices won't be different, because I'm using the 50% rule as suggested to me by Shannon and explained in my post above.

The question I was asking were these, so please answer or anyone answer if they can please.

"I believe 50% volume on a laptop means to turn the volume of the laptop to 100% and then turn the volume of the player (iTunes player in my case, or VLC for others) to 50%, is this correct?

I did the above and with Frequensee I got a peak around 20KHZ, from -70db to -50db at my ears, and just about -40db at the speakers of the laptop. Is this okay?"

(12-09-2016, 03:54 PM)Benjamin Wrote: If you're gonna do what Shannon recommended then you can do night listening again. What I recommended was just something to try.

Hey Ben thank you, yeh I understand its just that because Shannon said 5hours I can't guarantee that at night as it may become a lot more than 5.

Im suspecting shannon wants me to try 5hours rather than 8 or more because of how my mind may have rejected the information from the subs before so ill go with the 5hours but trying to get 5hours at night and no more is tricky as ill be asleep.

agree mate?

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - 4Kingdoms - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 06:11 PM)Jake2015 Wrote: I did the above and with Frequensee I got a peak around 20KHZ, from -70db to -50db at my ears, and just about -40db at the speakers of the laptop.

Ok, Now I understand.
At your ears, the decibel level is -70db to -50db.
At the speakers, the decibel level is -40db.
As long as you don't hear static because static would indicate it is too loud.
Then it is okay.

(12-09-2016, 06:21 PM)4Kingdoms Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 06:11 PM)Jake2015 Wrote: I did the above and with Frequensee I got a peak around 20KHZ, from -70db to -50db at my ears, and just about -40db at the speakers of the laptop.

Ok, Now I understand.
At your ears, the decibel level is -70db to -50db.
At the speakers, the decibel level is -40db.
As long as you don't hear static because static would indicate it is too loud.
Then it is okay.

Fantastic thank you 4Kingdoms and yes thats what I mean with the levels being at my ear and at the speakers when I used frequensee and held my mobile next to my ear and at the speakers.

I hear no static now.

I want to explain why i said NOW.

I was hearing static in the past, and thought since frequensee and the sound testing track seemed to work fine at those times, then the static was to be ignored. I was seeking advice and putting this into my posts but now thanks to you and to Shannon mainly, I've come to realise and understand that static means TOO LOUD!

I have the sub playing at 50% and I'm not focused on the hours at the moment, as university is coming to the end for this semester with tons of deadlines and tests taking place.

I simply am playing the sub to get into the habit of having it playing which I'm trying to make into a daily routine.

Post xmas, when I'm back in my apartment - around Jan - I will religiously play the sub for 5hours and have in place mechanisms I hope to accomplish this...such as using earphones with my mobile.

I know that earphones implies masked track and therefore hope that it won't interfere with my studying as sometimes I find it better to listen to music but cannot do that with a masked track.

I will at that time too focus on getting 5 hours of listening I hope before I go to bed but will see how it pans out.

Either way I'm now more excited as i believe my listening was all wrong, i.e. too high at 70-80%. At this level I was hearing STATIC but only when I placed my ears at the speakers of the laptop. I NEVER heard that static when I was sat in front of the laptop UNLESS the room was quiet, then yes even then I could tell there was some crackling taking place, albeit very quietly indeed.

I now can only hope that at approximately 50-60% volume (on my iTunes player, on my macbook pro, there is only a slider for the volume, and I have tried to slide it as close to the centre/50% as possible) that after 6months i feel there is change and results of some sorts.

Believe me I need it.

Please feel free to offer any advice from reading this as you see fit.

most obliged and appreciative, thank you

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Benjamin - 12-10-2016

Quote:Im suspecting shannon wants me to try 5hours rather than 8 or more because of how my mind may have rejected the information from the subs before so ill go with the 5hours but trying to get 5hours at night and no more is tricky as ill be asleep

Ok cool, didn't realize he just said 5 hours. You can just set up a playlist for that, its what I do on my ipod.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 12-11-2016

(12-10-2016, 11:37 PM)Benjamin Wrote:
Quote:Im suspecting shannon wants me to try 5hours rather than 8 or more because of how my mind may have rejected the information from the subs before so ill go with the 5hours but trying to get 5hours at night and no more is tricky as ill be asleep

Ok cool, didn't realize he just said 5 hours. You can just set up a playlist for that, its what I do on my ipod.

Cool, yeh he said do 5hrs either at 10% volume for faster but less over all effect or do 5hours at 50% volume for slower but kinda overall deeper effect so I'm doing the 50%. He said do 5hours a day and for 6months.

so I'm hoping that 6months time I can see results Smile

I have a sony walkman mp3 so idea if I can do playlist on there, but maybe I can actually yeah I could create an album and do that for 5hours wow ill try it thank you so much for that Ben I didn't realise, that would make life so much more easier for me Smile

The walkman is this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-B183B-Walkman-4GB-USB/dp/B00ICI7HCG?th=1

only issue I have with it is that it can't be left plugged in a wall so it loses battery and takes forever to charge from my laptop.

Do you know of any walkman that can be powered in the wall while being used?

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 12-27-2016

Happy Holidays

Just firstly wanted to wish all a happy seasons and holidays from myself.

I hope it was a nice day for you all.

Now to my update:

CONFUSED!!!

Shannon himself tells me to listen at 50% volume for 5hours a day.

I then ask for clarity on how to achieve 50% on my laptop since playing a track on a laptop means using a music software.

This then means that the laptop will have its own volume but so will the software too.

I asked Shannon, his response is to listen to this sub through my mobile phone which isn't possible for me and its a mono speaker phone too.

I then do frequensee testing to check the suitability of my laptop speakers and get mixed responses from shannon and others here.

Some say its not going to pay US some say it will, some say 50% isn't high enough volume, some say forget 5hours and do 8hours a day.

I ask a for clarity and get confused.

So for now I'm confused as to which device works, what speakers I have work and how to even do this.

I have tried to give so much information in my posts so that people here won't just read but will offer me guidance and advice.

I guess I'm as lost as when I started.

I had hoped E2 would work on me within the 40+ days I had managed to listen to it religiously on a daily basis but it hasnt and it didn't.

Im happy to give it 6months, but I'm doubting how to use it and on what device or devices.

I have mac book pro 2015 laptop

I have s4 samsung phone

I have Audio engine A2+ speakers

All I thought were capable of playing the Silent track and now I don't know.

When I had played for 40days the volume was near loud and there was crackling on the speaker and on the laptop.

Shannon says this isn't saying the speakers can't cope but that the volume is high. So ok how do I achieve 50% then?

I ask and ask and feel lost and hopeless.

I need help people.

Can someone give me that please??