Subliminal Talk
sub for narcissism - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: Title Requests & Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Title-Requests-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: sub for narcissism (/Thread-sub-for-narcissism)

sub for narcissism - edpmaker - 05-10-2016

Is there a possibility to heal from narcissism? Our father is a classic narcissist and my brother seems to have inherited it. He was asking me about this yesterday and said he knows he's an asshole but doesn't believe he's a narcissist. lol He Totally is. Is there any help for this considering they usually don't think They are the ones with the problem? Would it be unethical to play such a sub for a relative who's suffering greatly in their life from said condition? Shannon, just curious to hear thoughts on this and if youve done any work in this area?

RE: sub for narcissism - JackOfHearts - 05-11-2016

My father is a narcissist too, lol. It's what I describe as an inability to accept blame for his weaknesses or failures. Though I think there are worst cases that him. Narcissist blame all their problems on others, it's really hard for them to think that they didn't do the right thing. They are unable to see the link between their behavior and how people treat them.

I would say Ephra should be able to help if your father is really a narcissist in the pure sense. Because there a lot of psychological problems that are very similar but isn't the same thing.

RE: sub for narcissism - Benjamin - 05-12-2016

I don't know why but when I seen the title I thought it was a program to become a narrcisist, my mind works in funny ways sometimes haha.

RE: sub for narcissism - JackOfHearts - 05-13-2016

(05-12-2016, 08:32 PM)FrostedFake Wrote: I don't know it seems kind of unethical to expose people while they're unaware. I've thought about doing it for other people as well who won't see the light, but I figure if they don't want to change then don't force them too even if you think it would be for the best. I would be mad if somebody played a sub for me without my knowledge because I want to make my own decisions about my life and what I want to be.

Someone is lying on the ground, wounded very deeply, he can't speak for himself whether he want help or not, he is unconscious , would you help him or not? This is a similar situation.

A narcissist will never ask for help, he knows better than you ever will even if it's not true and you gave him irrefutable proof that he is wrong. He will always have the better answer, the better knowledge and you can't do anything about it. Everything you say comes last, his opinion comes first, he agrees only with his opinion. If your opinion is the same as him it's ok we are the best friend, when we disagree only him can be right, and you are obviously wrong, he won't even check your opinion, only his opinion has value.
Even worst than that sometimes you have the same opinion but he won't agree with you because you are the one who said that opinion first. Sometimes he will disagree with you on his opinion because he didn't remember that it was his opinion. Don't tell him it was his opinion, he obviously won't agree with you. The only hope is that you manipulate him to think that the idea came from him or you come up with an idea that you agree with but you act like you don't agree with it.

Living with that kind of person is hard, especially when that person blame you for being anti social with him when he is the one being anti social.

So that situation is a bit more complex here. Because you are involved with that person. A more accurate picture would be if that person wounded deeply have a influence in your life. So if he is healthy you will get healthier too.

RE: sub for narcissism - Shannon - 05-23-2016

(05-10-2016, 08:50 AM)edpmaker Wrote: Is there a possibility to heal from narcissism? Our father is a classic narcissist and my brother seems to have inherited it. He was asking me about this yesterday and said he knows he's an asshole but doesn't believe he's a narcissist. lol He Totally is. Is there any help for this considering they usually don't think They are the ones with the problem? Would it be unethical to play such a sub for a relative who's suffering greatly in their life from said condition? Shannon, just curious to hear thoughts on this and if youve done any work in this area?

Narcissism is a mental disorder that I have not yet studied. I don't know enough about it to say if it can be "healed from".

The obvious thing to try is EHPRA 2.0; however, given the descriptions I've gotten in this thread, I have no idea if it would help heal narcissism, because I don't know what causes it.

If it is a physical disability or a chemical imbalance or a purely psychological result, different things will help. I don't know enough.

It may be that at some point in the future I could adjust EHPRA to be specific to various mental/emotional disorders, but I don't know if it is necessary... I'll need feedback on how it affects narcissists as it is.

As to the ethics question, there is no way I can answer that for you because I don't know enough to make a call there either. You say they are suffering greatly, but how do I know that is actually the case, instead of an opinion? I don't know what's happening, so I cannot give a reasonably thought out answer. Therefore, I will decline to comment on that.

RE: sub for narcissism - JackOfHearts - 05-24-2016

According to my teacher, narcissism is Saturn opposite the Sun, if that may help your research.