Subliminal Talk
FLAC file or MP3 and a question to shannon about upper frequency limit - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: FLAC file or MP3 and a question to shannon about upper frequency limit (/Thread-FLAC-file-or-MP3-and-a-question-to-shannon-about-upper-frequency-limit)

FLAC file or MP3 and a question to shannon about upper frequency limit - Simon - 04-14-2016

Hi, first of all:

Is there any difference between listening to the MP3 file or FLAC file? Is one of the two getting you better results?

Secondly: I know the MINIMUM upper limit for speakers when listening to ultrasonic subliminals is 20Khz. But this is the minimun.

Shannon do the subliminals exceed this upper limit? Therefore making it a wise choice to buy speakers with 25Khz upper frequency limit, instead of 20Khz?
Or do you already get maximal results if you have speakers with 20Khz upper frequency limit?

I'm planning on buying a new set of speakers for subliminals, so I'm looking for ones that give me the best results, and at the same time are affordable.

RE: FLAC file or MP3 and a question to shannon about upper frequency limit - AbundanceCH - 06-01-2016

20khz is fine or else it would have been mentioned.

RE: FLAC file or MP3 and a question to shannon about upper frequency limit - Shannon - 06-02-2016

(04-14-2016, 12:15 PM)Simon Wrote: Hi, first of all:

Is there any difference between listening to the MP3 file or FLAC file? Is one of the two getting you better results?

Both will work. MP3 is significantly smaller, but FLAC is slightly (~3 to 5%, as best I can tell) clearer subliminal audio. Theoretically FLAC should be slightly more effective for that reason. But you have a choice based on how important file size and player capacity is for you.

Quote:Secondly: I know the MINIMUM upper limit for speakers when listening to ultrasonic subliminals is 20Khz. But this is the minimun.

Shannon do the subliminals exceed this upper limit? Therefore making it a wise choice to buy speakers with 25Khz upper frequency limit, instead of 20Khz?
Or do you already get maximal results if you have speakers with 20Khz upper frequency limit?

I'm planning on buying a new set of speakers for subliminals, so I'm looking for ones that give me the best results, and at the same time are affordable.

The process of creating the subs makes them cut off at 22-23 kHz. However, playing them on equipment that can only handle 20 kHz is vastly more common than anything else, and the little bit you get extra from playing them on something that can reproduce higher end frequencies isn't really why you want to use those higher frequency response speakers or headphones, because the percentage of audio in those higher than 20 kHz ranges is not very much. Peak is 17.5 kHz, and it falls off heavily within 2-3 kHz on either side of that. So basically it's designed to be ideal for cutoff at 20 kHz. The higher extra is only there because I don't bother to manually filter it out anymore.

The real reason you want to use higher than 20 kHz frequency response speakers or headphones is that they can reproduce the ultrasonic audio more cleanly and clearly. You'll typically go from hearing a high pitched whine on a max FR of 20 kHz, to hearing literally nothing if you play it on something with a higher FR. The first time I encountered this I thought the headphones were faulty.

But all this has been said before, AbundanceCH. Just not recently.