Subliminal Talk
Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? (/Thread-Poll-What-is-your-optimum-listening-time)

Pages: 1 2

Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - LionKing - 02-12-2016

This is for people that have, through a process of some sort, determined what their optimum listening time is. Maybe this varies a lot according to which program you're running, or what time of the month it is, but, please, comment. But if you've always run 8, or 21 hours a day, you don't know if its optimal or not.

I'm interested to learn how people have determined what is optimal. You could start with 8, go for a few days to a week, then increase and log results. But what do you measure? Tiredness is easier, but results depend on so many things I think you'd need to do very long test. Maybe its just what leaves you feeling the most confident, energetic, and happy? That way you're best equipment to take on the world.

Anyone noticed if its best to do e.g. 14 hours on / 10 hours off, or something like 10 on / 4 off / 4 on / 6 off?

Should you accept it, the floor is yours.

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - Voytek - 02-12-2016

10-11hrs for WM2 now but I want to increase it to 12hrs per day when I start my AM6`s 2nd run. Smile

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - 4Kingdoms - 02-12-2016

When I was allowed to listen to my mp3 player at work, I literally listened to subs 15 to 20 hours a day. Work, home, auto on a continuous loop. I was always tired, not groggy, or sleepy. My mind wasn't fully alert.

Then my employer put out a written statement that all electronic devices, bluetooth, mp3, cell phones, etc. are no longer permitted while on the clock. If you need to text or take an emergency phone call, do it out of sight from customers and management. OR ELSE!!!

So now, I only listen to subs 10 to 12 hours a day in my auto and home. When I'm at work or socializing, my mind is alert!! Not feeling tired anymore. I also enjoy socializing more because I'm focused on what is going on around me.

My conclusion is we are putting new information into our brain/mind and the brain/mind needs equal time to sort it all out and make sense of it.

Compare a funnel that you pour liquids into as your brain/mind. A slow steady stream of liquid and it allows the liquid to exit the bottom of the funnel. Now increase the flow of the liquid, faster and faster... you will see that the liquid reaches the top of the funnel and spills out at the top because the funnel is unable to handle the amount of liquid pouring in. Your brain/mind needs that "ME" time to process the information from the subs.

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - apollolux - 02-12-2016

12 hours is a good number for me so far; I feel relaxed about it rather than in a rush to fill more hours, and it feels like "more effort" to do than 8 hours so psychologically I feel like I put in a legitimate effort to give subs a real fighting chance to succeed.

It will be interesting to see if I can make 12 hours work when I do BIABWS+DAOS though (6+6).

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - eternity - 02-13-2016

i chose 14-16 because i had to choose one of the above, but if i'm being completely honest here, i've found that less is more. sometimes i'll get 11 hours, sometimes i'll get 20 hours, but it averages out in the end. but my sweet spot is around 15 hours per day, taking into factor exhaustion and rest times.

and also, sub listening to resting time is dynamic for me.

in the set it and forget it method, keeping track of the hours is irrelevant, as long as i know i'm getting the minimum and not exceeding the maximum. that frees me up to live life.

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - Joronda - 02-13-2016

I can only use while asleep these days.

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - ffaux - 02-13-2016

I get angry and feel frustrated all the time when I listen more than 9 or so hours. 9 hours is borderline, 8 hours is preferred. I experimented whilst on Stress Relief and found that I was getting stressed so I lowered the volume slightly and decreased the hours from 18-21 hours per day slowly down to 12, then 10 and then 8 and found that I only felt good when I reduced it down to 8.

Part of the answer for me might be that the speakers are 1m from my head on either side and the volume at the source hovers around 30db so it's probably really intense already which allows me to listen less hours.

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - LionKing - 02-13-2016

Ffaux, do you always listen to the ultrasonic track? Its supposed to trigger more resistanct than masked.

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - Xyer - 02-13-2016

I'm using US track 100% all the time. My optimum listening time is 12-16 hours.

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - ffaux - 02-14-2016

(02-13-2016, 11:19 PM)LionKing Wrote: Ffaux, do you always listen to the ultrasonic track? Its supposed to trigger more resistanct than masked.

I do. But I have a feeling resistance is triggered when your brain has had enough input and needs time to process/express. From my personal experience I think intensity is the factor that determines optimal exposure and I think that the variables that affect intensity are repetitions (time), volume and perhaps also distance to audio source. Masked subliminal audio plays the subliminal statements at a lower volume and if my theory/thinking is correct this might explain why masked tracks appear to trigger less resistance.

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - Spareness - 02-14-2016

I see a pattern. When I use the subs more than 14 hours, the next day I experienced resistance.

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - Kol - 02-14-2016

Listened around 20+ hours switching between all 3 subs. Have not listened last night and my brain definitely needed/needs the processing. Explains the depression I experience when I listen at daytime and nightime aswell. Might just be to much.

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - Lowe - 02-22-2016

Shannon explicitly said subliminals should not be listened to more than 16 hours a day, so I doubt anymore than that would help. We know already that our brain needs time off to process the information, so it always surprises me when someone go over that limit. Of course, if it still works well for them then that is great.

My listening time varies between 12-14 hours/day. After reading the posts here, I will reduce my time further and see how the results differ.

RE: Poll: What is your optimum listening time? - LionKing - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 01:59 AM)Lowe Wrote: Shannon explicitly said subliminals should not be listened to more than 16 hours a day, so I doubt anymore than that would help. We know already that our brain needs time off to process the information, so it always surprises me when someone go over that limit. Of course, if it still works well for them then that is great.

"12 to 16 hours of exposure per day is the sweet spot for most people. More than 21 hours of exposure per day will not have significant increase in results and may even slow them down, as your mind and brain must have time to process the input for maximum results."
-AM6 manual (SM3 has similar)