Subliminal Talk
Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g (/Thread-Overcoming-Guilt-Shame-Fear-5g)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Bliss - 02-26-2016

Day 25:

Nothing too exciting to report today. I do feel different though. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is, and to what extent I've changed (thanks to the naturalizer), but something's definately shifted. Here are some things I've noticed;

- I am more accepting of myself. I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and thought I looked quite sexy.

- I have been eating better/looking after myself. This is huge for me. I have had problems with eating ever since I can remember. Very fussy, not eating at all some days, etc. My mom told me that it all started when I was 2 years old and my Dad left. I have been reading about the role guilt and shame play in young children's eating habits and I believe mine is tied up with a strong sense of guilt and shame.

The last few days I have been cooking my own meals, eating breakfast, washing my clothes, and cleaning my room. Mundane stuff I know, but this is significant change for me!

- I'm communicating myself better, especially when talking to family. I realise I was very defensive in the past, now I understand that I can let them be them and still be centered in myself. I'm also noticing big changes in the way my Mom speaks to me.

- Overall less worried about what people think of me. I still have ways to go, but theres definite improvement.

+ I've also been tapping Geodude style on little problems and difficult feelings that come up. It's only been a few days but I think I'm noticing shifts. I'm going to make it a daily ritual

That's all for today, peace Smile

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Bliss - 02-27-2016

Day 26:

I can't believe how much I've grown already. I am seriously a different man.

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - eternity - 02-29-2016

Reading your experience with this breakthrough is heart warming!

Glad your eating is better

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Bliss - 03-01-2016

(02-29-2016, 11:07 AM)eternitys_child Wrote: Reading your experience with this breakthrough is heart warming!

Glad your eating is better

I'm glad you enjoyed reading it Smile

Day 30 (I think?):

I woke up feeling pretty crap and I'm thinking it may be because I started listening at night time. I am starting to get used to what my resistance feels like; usually angry then timid and fearful, overall just low confidence/depressed mood.

I have been having such great days, a part of me thought I wouldn't experience resistance again haha. Wishful thinking Smile I have noticed that I'm more accepting of my emotional states though, like today was a bit of a roller coaster of emotion, but it was honestly more bearable then it used to be for me.

It feels easier to be vulnerable, and I'm judging myself a lot less.

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - dissonance - 03-01-2016

i personally can't listen during night, because it fucks with sleep quality too much. i need good sleep quality to be 100%.

For me, listening at night would get me worse results just because of the fact that i'd be significantly mentally and emotionally worse off than if i got good quality sleep.

(03-01-2016, 01:48 AM)dissonance Wrote: i personally can't listen during night, because it fucks with sleep quality too much. i need good sleep quality to be 100%.

For me, listening at night would get me worse results just because of the fact that i'd be significantly mentally and emotionally worse off than if i got good quality sleep.

That's interesting, Yeah it affects my sleep quality a lot too. Not to mention all my dreams are so emotional, it can be exhausting Shy

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Bliss - 03-14-2016

Day 44:

Even though it's been tempting to switch to EHPRA 2.0, I've decided to follow through with OGSF until May, thus hitting my 3 month target.

I haven't posted in a little while due to the fact I was previously posting multiple times a day lol, trying to notice all these little changes etc. I took Shannon's advice to 'set it and forget it' and just go about my life as usual.

I am honestly the happiest I've ever been in my life. I have a deeper sense of acceptance for myself, and I am definately more forgiving of myself. I've been spending a lot of time tapping on the emotions as they come up and it feels as though this sub is really motivating and supporting me to sit with them, and find love for them.

I'm also doing things that not so long ago scared the hell out of me. It's not as though I'm not feeling fear, it's more like I'm becoming aware of how the fear is limiting me and feeling inspired to move towards it.

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - dissonance - 03-14-2016

(03-14-2016, 08:12 PM)bliss Wrote: Day 44:

Even though it's been tempting to switch to EHPRA 2.0, I've decided to follow through with OGSF until May, thus hitting my 3 month target.

I haven't posted in a little while due to the fact I was previously posting multiple times a day lol, trying to notice all these little changes etc. I took Shannon's advice to 'set it and forget it' and just go about my life as usual.

I am honestly the happiest I've ever been in my life. I have a deeper sense of acceptance for myself, and I am definately more forgiving of myself. I've been spending a lot of time tapping on the emotions as they come up and it feels as though this sub is really motivating and supporting me to sit with them, and find love for them.

I'm also doing things that not so long ago scared the hell out of me. It's not as though I'm not feeling fear, it's more like I'm becoming aware of how the fear is limiting me and feeling inspired to move towards it.

This sub is definitely changing me a lot too, for sure. I'm gonna do it for another 3-4 months.

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Bliss - 03-25-2016

Day 55:

I had a few days of resistance since my last post but it feels like I've reached a new level now. I just feel different, it's hard to pinpoint exactly what's changed but I'm feeling more optimistic, and it's been easier to connect to people.

I had a difficult memory arise this morning while I was down the street and I could feel the strong emotion come up in my body. Prior to this sub I would have been really thrown off by that and try to repress it but today I was able to just let it be. Big change for me.

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - DisneylandUSA - 09-10-2016

(03-14-2016, 08:12 PM)bliss Wrote: Day 44:

OGSF 5G Testimony. That's a Great Testimony on OGSF 5G... Sounds gentle yet, powerful at the same time. :angel:

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - findingme - 01-10-2017

ok, I'm here. I found this site this morning while searching for shame subliminals. I've been making my own and using others scripts, and the only shame subliminals I found focused heavily on one's actions (since most think shame means "I did something bad". I have regrets in my life, but shame is suffocating. Shame's message is "I am bad".

I grew up in an alcoholic home, I've never been a drinker myself, but hiding from people doesn't need alcohol. My shame had me emulating my mom, a chronic hider and loner. I'm similar, and I often look "out there" to find happiness. My present focus has been wealth acquisition. But money doesn't buy peace. The shame I've lived with has eliminated so many opportunities in my life thus far, and I bought OFSG today. I felt fear before buying.........but reading this thread allowed me to see others with similar self doubts, negative self talk, and destructive choice making. And to think "I did this to make me feel BETTER" is a hope I'll hold onto.

It's day 1 for me. I'm a believer in self hypnosis and subliminals, and I make my own.......but Shannon wisely didn't publish his scripts (or I'd have used them). My resistance is evident, even in my writing. My soul cries out "LOVE ME!!!!!" and this strains EVERY single relationship I am in, whether personal or work related. I hide it well sometimes (I know I can impress you with a good front), and....... And. And. Just like that. Motivation evaporates as soon as I lie since I'm hating myself by abandoning the real me. In other words, I hurt myself almost every single day. I medicate by hiding and/or drinking LOTS of coffee. Loving myself is....new and (scary??).

I'm here mainly since I was let in on a truth I'd not known. Last Friday I was in an Adult Children of Alcoholics meeting, and the reading was on the Solution. We read, then others shared. I listened carefully, trying to follow up on someone's share. I didn't share since I was not doing the solution. I was still in the problem, rehearsing my problems, seeking pity. And the reading made this clear.

After the meeting, I talked with a member. I said repeatedly "I'm scared to open up my mouth". That caught his attention. He'd heard another man say the exact same thing. He asked me if I could recognize the emotion. All I felt was fear. He pointed directly to shame.

It's scary unloading this here, but after staying in the problem nearly 20 years in recovery rooms, I'm open to see a change. I read through all of Bliss's experience, grateful he was so articulate in his description of his feelings. I can relate to resistance, anger, hiding......well, all of it.

My self doubt says "you won't return"........ and I remember Shannon put a piece in the recordings challenging us (me) to face my fears. I'll return.

Thanks. I don't want to be alone in this.

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - findingme - 01-10-2017

What's amazing is what happened today. It's still day 1, and I've had it on maybe 4 hours so far.

I'd been over at my ex-wife's house (doing my laundry) and my daughter was home. Our relationship has been a bit tense since she's started puberty, she's witchy sometimes, and I've wanted some respect. I've thrown gas on the fire a few times to be "right". Good results didn't follow.

Well, I engaged my daughter a few times today, watching my reactions. We went for ice cream earlier, and my feelings of her abandoning me woke up. However, I didn't interpret every message as "she's abandoning me again!" I just didn't NEED to dwell on it.

And 20 minutes ago, before I left, I went into her room to tell her goodbye.
I stayed with her 3 minutes or so, and we talked about our day together. She remarked that it bothered her spending time with me lately since I often became angry when she didn't disclose everything she'd been doing that day.

Without thinking on it, I quickly replied "it's ok if you don't want to talk".

It struck her. "But you've never been ok when I didn't want to talk".

I empathized with her when she said that. For I'd punished her silently and angrily MANY times. I just said softly "I know". And nothing more. I had a smile on my face the whole time (since I wasn't being "owned" by my fears)

I hadn't suspected this so quickly.

Thank you Shannon for sharing this with us. Thank you so, so much!

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Benjamin - 01-10-2017

Welcome, hope OGSF helps with you. A recommendation would be that EPRHA 2.0 may also be a good choice, even after you use OGSF for a while. Getting the focus on just guilt, shame and fear may help first.

And you may consider starting your own journal if you want to post regular updates.