Subliminal Talk
Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g (/Thread-Overcoming-Guilt-Shame-Fear-5g)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Bliss - 01-31-2016

Hey everyone.

I've been reading and following alot of you guys from behind the scenes for a few months now and figured it's time to start sharing my experience as well. Well actually I have a feeling this Sub coerced me into it haha. See, my resistance to posting on the forum was due to my lack of confidence in my ability to translate what I'm feeling into writing.. But something today clicked in me and thought FUCK IT, DO IT ANYWAY.

My dedication to listening to these subs has been inconsistent. I started with AM6 and while I did feel it working (it pushed me to leave a 4 year relationship in which I was comfortable but ultimately miserable and become aware of the ways I let myself be manipulated), I didn't dedicate enough hours and jumped ship during stage 5 and moved onto a 4g sub and then sort of stopped altogether.

ANYWAY, these last few months have been quite difficult but rewarding in the sense that I've grown alot in terms of loving myself and letting myself process the pain of my childhood. I come from a family which has a generational long pattern of shaming and numbing and plain ridiculing emotions. I grew up inheriting all of the fears, and essentially bullshit from them. I have reached a point where I'm touching on some of the really raw vulnerable pain and those emotions are the very thing this sub focuses on - fear, guilt and shame. I'm excited to start cleaning up this mess and letting my authentic self shine Smile

Today is my 2nd day listening to OGSF 5g and I've noticed a few things;

Feeling a little less afraid of things in general. I feel like my posture relaxes naturally while I'm listening and people seemed to respond quite nicely towards me even though I wasn't in the best mood this morning. Perhaps I'm giving off a more approachable and friendly vibe?

I spoke to my mum today and there was a moment she tried to make me feel guilty (she's largely unconcious about ways she does shit like that) and the feeling really stuck out to me. I suppose my subconcious is focusing on guilt in particular ?

I'll keep this updated as I go. I'm going to commit to running this for 6 months, maybe even a year. Peace !

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - wolverine_i_am - 01-31-2016

Keep up the good work!!!!!!

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Benjamin - 01-31-2016

Good luck. I'll be watching this journal as I want to run it myself after WM.

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - hiddenalias - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 09:50 PM)wolverine_i_am Wrote: Keep up the good work!!!!!!

What good work? He just started listening to the sub XD He doesnt have to keep up the good work, the subs will naturally make him keep it up but yeah good luck and maybe some day Id like to use it too I need some OGSF to tend to.

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Bliss - 02-01-2016

Day 3:

I woke up this morning with the intention to walk into this store down the road from me and enquire about a job that they had advertised on the shop front. I had been thinking about doing this for a while now but well.. Fear.

So, i went and bought my daily coffee and started the usual procrastination routine, started walking the oppsosite way, oh ill do it later today after i.. (cue excuses) and all of sudden I just stopped, turned around and just marched (not literally haha) to the store and had a chat to the manager. Turns out they're looking for someone with particular experience I dont have but it was an interesting shift I felt. It wasnt like I was fearless, like as I walking I still had nerves come up and doubtful thoughts but there was this pervading feeling of lets just get it over with.

Interesting little changes Im noticing

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - CatMan - 02-01-2016

3 days and great progress, already.

Impressive, I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

Welcome to the forum!

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Bliss - 02-01-2016

Thanks man!

Do you think youll be running this sub anytime soon?

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - CatMan - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 06:44 PM)bliss Wrote: Thanks man!

Do you think youll be running this sub anytime soon?

I'm running OF5G.

Fear is more my issue than Guilt or Shame. For most, OGSF makes more sense, but some of us really need to hone in on fear for various reasons. Especially those of us who don't do well on magnet programs, like myself.

OGSF 5G is a great choice and should serve you well.

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Bliss - 02-03-2016

Day 5:

Feeling pretty average today. I had a moment this morning where I smiled and said hello to a guy working at the cafe and a critical voice in my head goes 'youre so fake'. Took me by surprise actually. It feels like the critical parent ive surely internalised as a kid. That voice is prominent today, perhaps its my ego freaking out? Im sure the sub is rocking its world just a lil bit Tongue

I kinda hoped it would be all sunshine and rainbows but its a good thing I'm feeling this kind of discomfort. It means change is occuring.

Smile

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Bliss - 02-03-2016

Ergh. This sub must be touching on something deep because I feel so depressed right now. Just want to hide from the world. I suppose this is resistance...

I guess all I can do is keep listening.

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Xyer - 02-04-2016

Bliss, why did you choose OGSF, not Life Tune Up?

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Bliss - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 04:34 AM)Xyer Wrote: Bliss, why did you choose OGSF, not Life Tune Up?

Shame, guilt and fear really are the core of my issues. I got excited about this particular program after reading Shannon's journal talking about how he redesigned the script, implemented new technology, and of course made it 5G.. It's also pretty rad being one of the first wavers to use it and share my experience

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Xyer - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 04:57 AM)bliss Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 04:34 AM)Xyer Wrote: Bliss, why did you choose OGSF, not Life Tune Up?

Shame, guilt and fear really are the core of my issues. I got excited about this particular program after reading Shannon's journal talking about how he redesigned the script, implemented new technology, and of course made it 5G.. It's also pretty rad being one of the first wavers to use it and share my experience

That's good, and what did you expect from this run? Sorry I just love to ask people, it gives me more education.

RE: Overcoming Guilt, Shame & Fear 5g - Bliss - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 05:02 AM)Xyer Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 04:57 AM)bliss Wrote:

That's good, and what did you expect from this run? Sorry I just love to ask people, it gives me more education.

Most of all to start chasing my dreams. I'm a very creative guy but my fears, and shame have been getting in the way for most of my life and I essentially keep sabotaging myself.

I also want to be more open and connect with people. Let my walls down so to speak Smile