Subliminal Talk
Alpha Male 7 6G - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Alpha Male 7 6G (/Thread-Alpha-Male-7-6G)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Alpha Male 7 6G - Shannon - 05-07-2021

Remember, those two books are recommended reading because the provide the basics to get you started in the right direction. A lot of guys need that - as did I, although I didn't read them until I was about half way through my journey using the various versions of the Alpha Male set.

If I have read Deida's book, I don't remember it. I'll have to check on that at some point.

RE: Alpha Male 7 6G - Johannesbrst - 05-09-2021

(05-07-2021, 01:16 PM)Shannon Wrote: Remember, those two books are recommended reading because the provide the basics to get you started in the right direction.  A lot of guys need that - as did I, although I didn't read them until I was about half way through my journey using the various versions of the Alpha Male set.

If I have read Deida's book, I don't remember it.  I'll have to check on that at some point.

I see, I can understand how it can fill out the initial gaps for someone in that position.

I hope you take a look at it, I believe you will find things inside the book that will confirm and validate findings you are leaning on in creating your AM program, and perhaps even some sections that will give you some food for thought.

Furthermore, I would be thrilled to know that you had incorporated the findings from the book Good to great (4/5 in rating with 140 000 votes on Goodreads) in terms of leadership training in the program. If you haven't read it already, here is an article introducing the findings and what constitute what they call a "Level 5 leader", based on highly successful business CEO's measured over a long-term perspective. Attached image below that summarize the concept.

https://hbr.org/2001/01/level-5-leadership-the-triumph-of-humility-and-fierce-resolve-2#

[Image: R0101D_C.gif]

Wish you a productive week.

RE: Alpha Male 7 6G - JustAnotherLeader - 05-12-2021

@Johannesbrst those are great recommendations. I read Deida's work and purchased good to great but haven't started it yet. Just watched an animated summary and purchased the audiobook.

+1 that @Shannon should get on board with those books.

RE: Alpha Male 7 6G - Johannesbrst - 07-20-2021

I'm now reading "Double your dating" and reflect on how orthogonally different it is from "Becoming the alpha male". While the latter focus on questionable advice like "hiding putting the condom on to not get the girl get into an adverse mindset" and "not looking girls in the eyes when they talk because that's how CEOs do" DeAngello instead focus on how to create the interesting tension between the sexes and using your humor. John Alexander's book seem to be much more fear based than DeAngellos mindset, which I have a much easier time to resonate with and look to integrate into my personality.

RE: Alpha Male 7 6G - Shannon - 07-20-2021

I haven't read those books in a long time, but I don't remember reading those things in Alexander's book when I read it.

At this point, I'm expecting to do away with book recommendations for the next version, but it's still a long way out.

(07-20-2021, 09:33 AM)Shannon Wrote: I haven't read those books in a long time, but I don't remember reading those things in Alexander's book when I read it.

At this point, I'm expecting to do away with book recommendations for the next version, but it's still a long way out.

I see, looking forward to it and sounds promising that you expect it to be powerful enough to help the user develop in the right directions without conscious interference.

Just FYI, here are the exact quotes that at least made me a bit weary reading them. And I was wrong about the eye-contact part as it was directed to talking to other guys, still I find it hard to see that a guy with a solid sense of self-esteem would need to overthink his eye-contact with other men. This book provide much advice just like this, doing small things that I feel are borderline manipulation and projection rather than working on developing a good self-esteem and let other things follow from that. Double your dating is much more aligned in doing that.

Quote:
By the way, be careful with condoms. The sight of a Trojan wrapper in your hand can snap a woman out of her horny state by triggering that portion of her brain that's been programmed to think sex is "bad."
It’s important to use condoms, however, in order to be safe from disease and pregnancy, so try to put on your condom fast, without making a big scene out of it.
What I do is put on the condom while I’m eating the woman out (and she's too distracted to notice what I'm doing with my hands), so that when she’s ready for me to enter her, everything goes smoothly

Quote:
The only time you should make eye contact w/ a guy is when you're saying something to him. When the other guy is talking, don't look at him much, instead looking off to the side. (Ever dealt with a CEO? That's exactly what they do when it comes to eye contact.)

RE: Alpha Male 7 6G - tolgaocal80 - 07-20-2021

Seems like you misunderstood these advices, these are because not let them the women fear, or touch some "logiical" nerves in her brain.

These are nothing to do with manipulation , just some basic body language, high value males (you also can see in champenzees) do not look to the other one while talking, this shows the other male, "you are below me". Of course you should do all things together

(07-20-2021, 01:17 PM)tolgaocal80 Wrote: Seems  like you misunderstood these advices,  these are because not let them the women fear, or touch  some  "logiical" nerves in her brain.  

These are nothing  to do  with  manipulation  , just some basic body language,  high value  males  (you also can see in champenzees) do  not  look  to the other one while talking,  this shows the other male, "you are below me".  Of course  you should do all things together

That's exactly the issue I have with it. A real high value man who appreciate himself have no need for putting other people in place "below them", because his value isn't conditional on what others see in him, but what he see in himself 

And regarding the attraction part, if you create attraction by being a high value man in the first place you don't have to be concerned to much with what subjects you are talking about, because your attention and the non-needy place it's coming from will be enough to keep her interested. That is why I'm arguing the book is based on shallow, fear-based advice rather than working on improving yourself and reducing your neediness to inherently increase the value women get from interacting with you.

RE: Alpha Male 7 6G - tolgaocal80 - 07-20-2021

Yep, the alpha-sigma male wouldn't worry about trying to put others below them, you are right on that. You could b right.

I read books, but never needed to use those "trying s". AM already gives you an aura of authority.
Those books might be for very first starters, but they are useful with basic things. It is not fearing, going under radar till sex happens.
I read a lot of pua who are demonstrating alpha male attributes and most of them were never saying anything about sex. Some of them was saying "i am virgin" or "i am gay" all those because some women have the idea of "sex is bad". And if you want to fuck her, regardless of how self confident or alpha you are, you must stay below the radar. These are my ideas of course

RE: Alpha Male 7 6G - Benjamin - 07-21-2021

I don't remember that part in the book, but from what you quoted I completely disagree with this advice. I've never had that issue. If you're able to do it smoothly it's fine.

RE: Alpha Male 7 6G - Shannon - 07-23-2021

If putting on a condom triggers her to reject sex, man, let her go. The fact that you're taking the time to make sure she is safe against pregnancy and disease should open her up more, not shut her down. If I was getting a negative response because I was putting on a condom, I would definitely not be impressed, and she very likely would never get another chance at sex with me.

RE: Alpha Male 7 6G - Johannesbrst - 07-27-2021

I want to adjust my review of "Double your dating" now in hindsight when I've come across another book related to the topic, which I would argue make a much more genuine impression on how to improve your dating life, namely a book called "Models - How to attract women trough honesty".

To constrast the book:
  • "How to become the alpha male" - Goes WAY over the top into details regarding things the author believes is considered "Alpha" and in my meaning sometimes is coming close being border-sociopathic/manipulative behavior.
  • "Double your dating" - Holds some good advice regarding personal improvement, but still relies on "creating a frame" in the sense of making women feel inferior to you by "expressing your higher value". This is not at all in line with what I've seen in the posts by Shannon, where true attractiveness and strength is not relying on putting someone else down. Also, it's not something I would be comfortable doing, and I have had a voice in my head saying that "there must be a more honest way". 
  • This brings us to "Models - Attract women trough honesty" - which I would say is the book that is written with the closest way of looking at life and self-improvement compared to what I have tried to withdraw from Shannons and some few members here on the forum posts. Namely, on how to work on yourself to become less needy and more emotionally self-reliant but at the same time being able to express your vulnerability and honesty. This is the core concepts of the book, and I wouldn't say it's the "most perfect book I've read about self-improvement and attracting women", but it does a hell of a good job on going trough the concepts that leads to becoming the "IML definition of the Alpha Male" which I believe has gone into creating the AM program.
Even though the next version of AM will not require the user to read any books, I would be willing to place at least one side order of your steak-dinner that you would find something interesting in this book Shannon.

It currently has 4,3/5 average rating by 12 500 readers on Goodreads (and by that being the top rated book with the most readers in the category, IIRC).

I'll attach a quote to give you a preview

Quote:“And let me tell you, emotional connections are powerful. Far more powerful than any sort of tactics or tricks you may learn in other books. When you connect with women emotionally, they really open up to you in ways that you can’t imagine, your interactions and relationships with them become these rich and unique experiences that can never be replicated, the sex is far better, and all mind games, flakes and ambivalence goes out the window.

A lot of pick up and dating advice is what I call “attraction obsessed.” It has a constant, incessant harping on being the most attractive/alpha guy possible — usually by employing all sorts of tricks, games, tactics, techniques, manipulation and other falsehoods. Attraction obsession comes from a place of insecurity. It seeks validation. It’s needy behavior and, therefore, self-sabotaging in the long run.

It's not about attraction. She's attracted to men all the time but doesn't sleep with any of them or date them. Women actually don't sleep with most men they're attracted to because they would feel slutty or cheap.
Her feeling slutty or cheap isn't about an "Oh, I put out on a first date," thing. It's not about number of dates, hours spent together, or how many dinners you bought her.
Feeling slutty is about sleeping with a man who doesn't care about her or who hasn’t connected with her. If she doesn't trust you or isn't 100% convinced that you really like her and care about her, then she's not going to do it. And if she does, then she’ll regret it and feel dirty.

Excerpt From: Mark Manson. “Models.” Apple Books.

RE: Alpha Male 7 6G - tolgaocal80 - 07-27-2021

(07-27-2021, 01:18 PM)Johannesbrst Wrote: I want to adjust my review of "Double your dating" now in hindsight when I've come across another book related to the topic, which I would argue make a much more genuine impression on how to improve your dating life, namely a book called "Models - How to attract women trough honesty".

To constrast the book:
  • "How to become the alpha male" - Goes WAY over the top into details regarding things the author believes is considered "Alpha" and in my meaning sometimes is coming close being border-sociopathic/manipulative behavior.
  • "Double your dating" - Holds some good advice regarding personal improvement, but still relies on "creating a frame" in the sense of making women feel inferior to you by "expressing your higher value". This is not at all in line with what I've seen in the posts by Shannon, where true attractiveness and strength is not relying on putting someone else down. Also, it's not something I would be comfortable doing, and I have had a voice in my head saying that "there must be a more honest way". 
  • This brings us to "Models - Attract women trough honesty" - which I would say is the book that is written with the closest way of looking at life and self-improvement compared to what I have tried to withdraw from Shannons and some few members here on the forum posts. Namely, on how to work on yourself to become less needy and more emotionally self-reliant but at the same time being able to express your vulnerability and honesty. This is the core concepts of the book, and I wouldn't say it's the "most perfect book I've read about self-improvement and attracting women", but it does a hell of a good job on going trough the concepts that leads to becoming the "IML definition of the Alpha Male" which I believe has gone into creating the AM program.
Even though the next version of AM will not require the user to read any books, I would be willing to place at least one side order of your steak-dinner that you would find something interesting in this book Shannon.

It currently has 4,3/5 average rating by 12 500 readers on Goodreads (and by that being the top rated book with the most readers in the category, IIRC).

I'll attach a quote to give you a preview

Quote:“And let me tell you, emotional connections are powerful. Far more powerful than any sort of tactics or tricks you may learn in other books. When you connect with women emotionally, they really open up to you in ways that you can’t imagine, your interactions and relationships with them become these rich and unique experiences that can never be replicated, the sex is far better, and all mind games, flakes and ambivalence goes out the window.

A lot of pick up and dating advice is what I call “attraction obsessed.” It has a constant, incessant harping on being the most attractive/alpha guy possible — usually by employing all sorts of tricks, games, tactics, techniques, manipulation and other falsehoods. Attraction obsession comes from a place of insecurity. It seeks validation. It’s needy behavior and, therefore, self-sabotaging in the long run.

It's not about attraction. She's attracted to men all the time but doesn't sleep with any of them or date them. Women actually don't sleep with most men they're attracted to because they would feel slutty or cheap.
Her feeling slutty or cheap isn't about an "Oh, I put out on a first date," thing. It's not about number of dates, hours spent together, or how many dinners you bought her.
Feeling slutty is about sleeping with a man who doesn't care about her or who hasn’t connected with her. If she doesn't trust you or isn't 100% convinced that you really like her and care about her, then she's not going to do it. And if she does, then she’ll regret it and feel dirty.

Excerpt From: Mark Manson. “Models.” Apple Books.

I heard a few times this book "Models", now will read it, thanks for book advice

I still think, Shannons "alpha male" idea is not much an alpha male but a sigma male, of course "alpha male" term more known than sigma male and most men will get a clear image of a high value male when they hear the alpha male term. Since alpha and sigma are very very similar to each other, sigma is a more introverted and self-made version of alpha male. Of course I don't know if the AM sub contains a term in it

RE: Alpha Male 7 6G - GreekGod22 - 08-17-2021

Mark Manson is very much wrong on his whole concept of vulnerability and emotional connection. Women are attracted purely to dominance & pre-selection.
Emotional connection does not equal attraction.

And women do have casual sex a lot, and sleep with a guy without needing a connection. They are far from being angels.

I used to believe there are 2 types of women: 
  • shallow women, who have more casual sex and go for "bad boys"
  • higher quality women, who don't do hookups and need an emotional connection with a guy, just like in Hollywood romantic movies.
I was very wrong and naïve thinking this. All women are attracted to the same traits in a man: dominance, preselection, social skill / competence, looks.
I can assure you that you can connect on a much deeper level with a woman by opening her up sexually and make her be comfortable sharing / acting her biggest fantasy with you.
And women develop emotions after the sex has happened. You don't attract her by connecting with her emotionally.