Subliminal Talk
How is Tinder going for you? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: How is Tinder going for you? (/Thread-How-is-Tinder-going-for-you)

Pages: 1 2 3

How is Tinder going for you? - MadTheReaper - 01-20-2016

Hey,

You've probably heard of Tinder, right?
The most famous dating app right now.

Have you used it?
How's going for you?
Any tips you could share?

I personally have been using it for ~3 years on and off killing time and trying things out.
I went on a date with a girl that eventually was not as attractive as she seemed and once arranged a hook up with another girl, only to run away when I saw her at our meeting point.

What are your experiences?

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - ArcticFox - 01-20-2016

Not bad, ive had 4 meets and one of them has led to casual sex.

I'm going to up my Dating APP game a lot this year as EPRHA is helping me clear some stuff that was holding me back.

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - apollolux - 01-20-2016

Many flakey matches and early on nothing but bots, only one date and that was two days ago. I likely need better pics.

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - LionKing - 01-20-2016

The ones that have agreed to a date the same day have been great, but other than those usually it doesn't lead anywhere. Often the initial conversation will go fairly well, but then I'll just not have anything to say to her the following days (and thus won't msg her), and then I'll forget all about it. Girls put zero effort into re-initiating conversations, not with my looks at least. Maybe as ASC progresses I'll feel less self conscious about the "chasing", or effort, that seems to be needed.

A friend of mine meets lots of girls through Tinder, but he's good looking, loud, smiles a lot, an extreme extrovert, apparently ignorant that he might have any faults (confidence), and completely shameless. And doesn't work so he has all the time in the world. So for him Tinder is great.

Another friend of mine is not that good looking and not that great with women, but apparently he's also gone on lots of dates when he's on the hunt (for a GF). He just talks to the girls a lot (and for many days), and he's prepared to travel for longer distances to meet them.

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - dissonance - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 09:23 AM)MadTheReaper Wrote: Hey,

Have you used it?
How's going for you?

I personally have been using it for ~3 years on and off killing time and trying things out.
I went on a date with a girl that eventually was not as attractive as she seemed and once arranged a hook up with another girl, only to run away when I saw her at our meeting point.

I've never used tinder, but I plan to when I get a part-time job, or get my own place. My current predicament just wouldn't be conductive to good results.

But lol, she "ran away when [you] saw her at the meeting point?" What do you mean by that? Like literally she saw you walking to her, knew you were the guy, and FLED for her life?

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - MadTheReaper - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 01:19 PM)dissonance Wrote:
(01-20-2016, 09:23 AM)MadTheReaper Wrote: Hey,

Have you used it?
How's going for you?

I've never used tinder, but I plan to when I get a part-time job, or get my own place. My current predicament just wouldn't be conductive to good results.

But lol, she "ran away when [you] saw her at the meeting point?" What do you mean by that? Like literally she saw you walking to her, knew you were the guy, and FLED for her life?

I mean I ran away when I saw her and realized it was her.

A girl who is into having sex with me invited me to her place tonight. She is not attractive enough so I told to come over to my place, and she avoided it. I am not at a loss though, I'll stay on me no-PMO streak.

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - apollolux - 02-22-2016

(edit - I had a reply to Athena's response but she apparently deleted it.)

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - Athena - 02-29-2016

I'll try & make this a short version of my former reply that i deleted. I probably have different issues from you....The first time I used Tinder, but I'm dreading this even more so NOW that I am wanting a boyfriend, I DID get a lot of matches (not straight away but it increased) but a LOT of those guys asked me to hook up straight away. For some of you that would be a dream esp. as these are people I am attracted back to but I actually really want a relationship. Just as some of you have been friend-zoned before, and i've been there too & some women have, but for some women we get SEX-zoned instead and it also sucks. I'm sick of being sex-zoned & I don't dress or say ANYTHING slutty on my profile or in my pics!

Thing is, I DON'T fancy many men off-line (although I have an awkward crush on a colleague & I don't know WHAT if anything to do about it & unless I get a clear sign of interest I aint doing squat about it!) I tried traditional dating sites like Plenty of Fish and the guys I liked were not interested, and at one point I got emailed daily by new guys I was NOT attracted to & had to turn down. And, yes, I have TRIED dating against type, dating guys I don't fancy to see if I can fall for them, for me it does NOT work.

But Man some guys on Tinder are SO sleazy! I could make two calendars from all the (unasked for!) cock pics I was sent the last time!

I am sort of a curvy MILF type, not a 20 year old supermodel type and maybe THAT'S why they ask for sex, I mean it's easy to think if I was younger & hot they'd ask for dates instead but they think I am low-value so only want to bang? I don't know.

Anyway, I HAVE had dates from Tinder too. I had 2 dates with one of the guys but I didn't feel there was enough there between us to keep going, or that HE was interested enough. But my dates WERE enjoyable. I also got a sex buddy out of it which ended up disasterously! But that's not what I want, especially now. I want an attractive boyfriend who finds me attractive and is compatible.

Tinder gives me more access than ever before to gorgeous men but then it's a matter of weeding through all the ones who only want to get their dick wet. I don't WANT that, damn it! I want the ones who are willing to take me on a date - hell I even had a walk in the park with one which is free and THAT was a great date doesn't have to be expensive! and get to know me as a person. Besides, if a guy just wants to bang, isn't it a case of he just wants a hole ANY hole?
Nothing against casual sex, but my priorities have changed that's all.

So, I go back to Tinder after a hiatus. I go back in late April. And in part I'm dreading it, I'm dreading being asked to hook up. I saw a photo of a guy on a boat with two girls. He wanted to have sex with me and I sort of wanted to say "Take ME out on the boat for STARTERS, buddy."
LOL

So, anyway, different issues than most of you, I guess.
I don't want sex in a vaccum, I'm very romantic too and I want a boyfriend.
I also love dating for its own sake, meeting a new person esp. if attractive! and having a conversation and a laugh, it's fun!

But I am NOT "down to fuck" and last time I match with a lot of guys who were but I actually want something different than that. I go to meetup groups but I don't fancy the guys as a rule, but I'll keep going to them for the socialization.

And I REALLY REALLY hope after the inner work I've been doing, I get better results next time. I'm grateful for the Tinder dates I DID get, I definitely enjoyed them!

I'm also confused about what to put on my profile to screen out the guys who ONLY want to hook up. I even PUT the song "I do not hook up" on my profile and STILL got some guys "hey baby, want to hook up?"

No, I am NOT your token MILF to pump & dump. I am NOT your consolation prize. Pardon my French, but fuck dat shit.
So wish my luck when I go back on there, I'm going to NEED it and I'll be a lot freer with the block button! I'm gonna try and just enjoy the process cos I still believe that matching with more men DOES increase my chances of SOME of them being decent and some of them were before!

Apparently for free users, it's reduced now to 100 right swipes a day. On one hand I
wonder if they will ignore me & save it for the hotties on the OTHER hand maybe
guys who DO right swipe me are more likely to be genuinely attracted rather than just
casting a wide net & right swiping EVERYONE.
Sorry that's a bit ranty! I'm excited to be
going back to Tinder in late April but also pretty nervous too & slightly cynical but
I'm up for the challenge, picking myself back up & getting back into the ring.

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - Athena - 02-29-2016

Yeah...so much for short version LOL

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - Shawn - 03-01-2016

I didn't use Tinder, because I don't have facebook, but I used a similar app. It was a complete waste of time, because not even the women who "liked" me responded to a message. The only one responding was a clear fake who tried to get me to a paid dating site. It looks like it's just window shopping for the women here.

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - Athena - 03-01-2016

Nah for me it's not window shopping, if I "like" a guy I actually DO want to
potentially meet him. But that's me.
On Tinder apparently lots of guys right swiped everyone then chose from their
matches (women who liked them too)
Maybe some women do that on your app
I don't agree with it at all, it's inauthentic getting people's
hopes up and defeating the purpose of the apps but there you go.

I think I'm stuck with Tinder as I've already initiated 2 conversations with my
work crush (who I only see half an hour a week) about work stuff & we briefly chatted about that but I'm not going to
keep initiating them & at lunch he usually just sits & plays with his phone so I guess
Tinder it is for me wish me luck!

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - Athena - 03-02-2016

Quick question:

I don't want kids & I'm just wondering whether to include that on
my Tinder profile or not?
Eg that while I like them I don't want my own?
I'd like guys to know that upfront but is it telling them too
much too soon, I mean talking about kids before we even meet?
Or a part of the screening process?
Thanks in advance!

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - MadTheReaper - 03-03-2016

(03-02-2016, 11:29 PM)Athena Wrote: Quick question:

Thanks in advance!

You can do a little experiment and find out for yourself. Include it for a few days and see how it goes.

RE: How is Tinder going for you? - ArcticFox - 03-03-2016

(03-02-2016, 11:29 PM)Athena Wrote: Quick question:

Thanks in advance!

Don't mention stuff like that on our profile, don't list "requirements" either such as

* I'm looking for...
* I want a man that.....
* You must be.....

Try thinking outside of the box, such as "if you were a pizza topping, what would you be"? Your looking for openers and matches that you can then pick and choose.