Subliminal Talk
SexMagnetPrep... - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: SexMagnetPrep... (/Thread-SexMagnetPrep)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - Roy - 07-31-2011

Hi RainbowAbyss

Lifting heavy weights causes spinal compression and lots of injuries.
What happens to the spine over lots of time of lifting the spine gets shorter,the discs gets worn out and it wears the joints down.

The entire weight lifting thing got mass marketed around the 60s
of the last century as there was money in selling equipment.
Prior to that strongmen practiced with mostly light weights and other exercises.There weren't all those new surgeries to fix injuries and injury meant
disability for life.

They also saw what happens to work animals in farms dragging around heavy weights all the time.The animals got muscular but had to be killed early because of disabilities.

Go see a doctor.

If you have to be careful not to get injured all the time it's not a safe way of training.Find another.

Few things to try for your back if they don't hurt and injure you further
are hanging from a bar.Find a pull up bar and hang for as much as you can.
It will decompress the spine.

There are also the five tibetan rites which are excellent for the spine and back.

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - RainbowAbyss - 08-01-2011

again thanks for the info and recommendations, and Roy, ur right squat and dead lifting, even with proper form can put a lot of pressure and compression on the spine, I will say though that this is my first injury from lifting, first real injury aside from an ankle sprain really, and it was cause by sheer stupidity on my part, in terms of rushing the workout, was already exhausted and dehydrated, still kind of hungover lol, I've squatted and dead lifted up to 3 times my body weight- 2-4 times a week for 5 years prior with nothing even close to an injury, I pretty much stopped those lift for around 6 months, come back with extremely light weight and hurt myself. And considering its probably a muscle tear, I think my body just got very weak and misaligned, and the real bad injury didn't even happen until two weeks later, after I had been messing around in the gym and still playing basketball, despite, my back being 'slightly' hurt, then a cough/sneeze fit just blew it out yesterday, I say I really only have my poor decisions to blame, rather than lifting itself. but today it feels a bit better enough to start stretching and bar hanging at least.

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - Pat - 08-01-2011

Hi RainbowAbyss,

I'd recommend going to see a doctor to make sure it is a tear. If it isn't a tear I agree with Benjamin. I had severe back problems and scoliosis (which had one hip way higher than the other) and I went to a Clinical Somatic Educator. Somatics is a movement therapy similar to Feldenkrais, though in my opinion faster working. It completely resolved both of my issues very quickly. I was so excited about it I learned to do it myself.

The principle is that when muscles stay chronically contracted (tight or spasming) it is the brain causing this to happen due to habituation of a muscular pattern. Basically you've grooved a movement pattern so strongly that it has become subconsciously turned on all the time. To get out of it you need to do movements that force the brain to move that area very consciously. In its most simplistic form, it involves moving very slowly like a lying down tai chi but with a focus on the transition of movement not chi. It works to restore full muscular control with the end result being more relaxed muscles.

If your curious to know more let me know.

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - Benjamin - 08-01-2011

Hi Pat,
Interesting. Can somatics be done by yourself at home?

Because I live in a small town and there is nothing available like that. I used to have a friend who was a feldenkrais instructor, but he has moved away and I haven't heard from him and can't get in contact with him.

I will do another search, but i've tried to find many things near me and haven't been able to find practitioners.

I have these persistant problems with my shoulderblades and upper back. So it would be great to do something about it.

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - Benjamin - 08-01-2011

I just found a practitioner that does something called 'Ortho-Bionomy' and it sounds very similar to these other practices. So i'm going to call tomorrow and make an appointment. Smile

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - Pat - 08-01-2011

(08-01-2011, 07:34 AM)benjamin Wrote: Hi Pat,
Interesting. Can somatics be done by yourself at home?

Because I live in a small town and there is nothing available like that. I used to have a friend who was a feldenkrais instructor, but he has moved away and I haven't heard from him and can't get in contact with him.

I will do another search, but i've tried to find many things near me and haven't been able to find practitioners.

I have these persistant problems with my shoulderblades and upper back. So it would be great to do something about it.

Yes, it can. There is a movement class version and a one-on-one session version. For most problems the classroom version is good enough, it just takes longer but is cheaper. Really severe problems probably need a trained somatic educator. The goal of somatics in all its forms is to educate the student to eventually be 100% self-sufficient with their care.

Your problem seems like classes would be the best route. My suggestion would be to pick up the Myth of Aging Somatic cd set. It covers major habituation patterns the majority of people have. If you do those, especially the first two lessons you should notice your back starting to loosen.

http://somatics.org/shop/products/hanna_thomas/myth_of_aging

fyi- i don't get any affiliation money from suggesting this.

Somatics works extremely fast to loosen muscles. The catch is that in my experience with it on myself and with clients is that movement patterns you learn are never truly forgotten. You need to ingrain newer relaxed patterns that over time become stronger than the old unwanted patterns. In practical terms what this means is that after doing the exercises you will be much more relaxed. Typically after sleeping though, you will find some of the tension will return. It's almost like your brain resets at night to whatever the strongest pattern is. But if you spend 5 minutes each morning just reminding yourself of the healthier patterns by doing a few quick movements, you will quickly go back to the previously learned relaxation and even get more relaxed each day.

Let me give you an example you can play with for your upper back shoulders...

For all the described movements go extremely slowly, so slowly that you have to concentrate. It will be mentally challenging. You will notice at time almost like "dark" spots where your brain doesn't quite know what to do. Physically it will show up as unsmooth or skipping motion. Never go to the point of a stretch. You should always be comfortable.

Lie on your side so that you can move the top shoulder freely. Imagine your shoulder is a clock. It can lift up (toward ear) to go to midnight. It can go down to 6. Forward to go to 3, rolling forward. Or back to go to 9, rolling backward. Keep your hand on your hip so it doesn't get involved in the action and flop around. We are isolating the shoulders here.
1. Do 10 reps really slowly of going back and forth from 3 to 9.
2. Rest for a 30 seconds
3. Do 10 reps going from 12 to 6. (Rest)
4. Then get more complicated start making very small circles (12-3-6-9 and later the reverse).
5. This should take you around 5 minutes each side and hits all the major muscles of the shoulder/upper back a little.

There is nothing complicated about the movement itself. The trick is the speed. You are moving so slowly that the conscious brain is forced to pay attention to get the job done. With conscious awareness comes control and relaxation. Over time you will get more relaxed. There are faster ways but they require a practicioner. This will get you there though. Play with it for a week and let me know if you feel any change. If you have any questions let me know.

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - RainbowAbyss - 08-22-2011

Alright guys, the back is much better and I started lifting
again the other day, I am back at 110% due to strengthening and stretching the week
areas and re-balancing my body.
I finished alpha in may and wanted to get some stuff together before I started sex magnet
and since then I have done winners mindset, ASC, and the increase your penis size sub
Honestly I am regretting not going straight into Sex magnet from Alpha although I have grown more in the last three months than I ever did while on Alpha. Alpha changed me internally in a way where whatever I did I was cool with and I was cool,indifferent, and bad-aXXX but this summer has all been about a real reality check and pulling my life 'circumstance' together. Alot of that has been possible because of having done Alpha and god do I miss being on it sometimes.
I promised myself I wouldn't start sex magnet until things were more together and organized in my life, and it is really getting to that point. In the meantime (the last 4 days) I switched to attract your perfect large breasted lover and here is the amazingly annoying thing that happened.
A met a girl who I became close friends with a couple months ago (fits the profile of a perfect large breasted lover) and we liked eachother and ended up hooking up with a while back, but things got pretty heated sexually and even she's super cool and honest and basically she told me that she has not had sex in like 4 years cause she was hurt in her last relationship.She got in touch with me and we were gonna meet at a bar near me house, I said lets meet at eight, she said could we do nine, I said sure. I got back from work exhausted and fell asleep, woke up at 9:40, she had gotten there, came from like an hour away uptown, at 7:30 and texted and called an hour later. And I missed all of it, I woke up and freaked out, I've never done anything like that to anyone, and think it is super not cool, I called with no response so I texted saying essentially I was really sorry, felt like the meanest jackaxxx in the world, that I had just blacked out, and had been really looking forward to seeing her. Well, Im disappointed that I missed out on what was undoubtedly her meeting up to take things further, but this was someone who had been a good friend in the past and I'm worried I hurt her even more, am I being narcissistic? . Guys advice? Did I botch things up permanently, suggestions on how to repair/soothe this, she hasn't responded to texts, I told her to call or text when she got them.

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - About - 08-22-2011

Hey rainbow, I'm not starting SM after AM either, but what I do plan to do is run part of AM as a refresher which will strengthen and help your SM subs, which is entirely better than not doing a refresher at all.

I'll figure out which part/stages to run once I'm going to start SM. But that won't be until at least March.

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - RainbowAbyss - 08-22-2011

How are you gonna run the refresher just stage 6 for a month and then onwards?

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - Patti - 08-23-2011

(08-22-2011, 07:43 PM)RainbowAbyss Wrote: Alright guys, the back is much better and I started lifting
again the other day, I am back at 110% due to strengthening and stretching the week
areas and re-balancing my body.
I finished alpha in may and wanted to get some stuff together before I started sex magnet
and since then I have done winners mindset, ASC, and the increase your penis size sub
Honestly I am regretting not going straight into Sex magnet from Alpha although I have grown more in the last three months than I ever did while on Alpha. Alpha changed me internally in a way where whatever I did I was cool with and I was cool,indifferent, and bad-aXXX but this summer has all been about a real reality check and pulling my life 'circumstance' together. Alot of that has been possible because of having done Alpha and god do I miss being on it sometimes.
I promised myself I wouldn't start sex magnet until things were more together and organized in my life, and it is really getting to that point. In the meantime (the last 4 days) I switched to attract your perfect large breasted lover and here is the amazingly annoying thing that happened.
A met a girl who I became close friends with a couple months ago (fits the profile of a perfect large breasted lover) and we liked eachother and ended up hooking up with a while back, but things got pretty heated sexually and even she's super cool and honest and basically she told me that she has not had sex in like 4 years cause she was hurt in her last relationship.She got in touch with me and we were gonna meet at a bar near me house, I said lets meet at eight, she said could we do nine, I said sure. I got back from work exhausted and fell asleep, woke up at 9:40, she had gotten there, came from like an hour away uptown, at 7:30 and texted and called an hour later. And I missed all of it, I woke up and freaked out, I've never done anything like that to anyone, and think it is super not cool, I called with no response so I texted saying essentially I was really sorry, felt like the meanest jackaxxx in the world, that I had just blacked out, and had been really looking forward to seeing her. Well, Im disappointed that I missed out on what was undoubtedly her meeting up to take things further, but this was someone who had been a good friend in the past and I'm worried I hurt her even more, am I being narcissistic? . Guys advice? Did I botch things up permanently, suggestions on how to repair/soothe this, she hasn't responded to texts, I told her to call or text when she got them.

You need to show up at her place with flowers and if she’s not there you need to wait. She needs to know that you’re sincere, as she feels she’s been played. She doesn’t believe you fell asleep or even if she does, she probably feels she wasn’t important enough to stay awake for. If she was planning on having an intimate night with you, you unwillingly made her feel like crap. If she hasn’t been with a guy in 4 years, she was truly very hurt and scared. You can get her back if you want to because you already had a friendship in place. If you want her, you’re going to have to get off your butt and go get her!

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - RainbowAbyss - 08-23-2011

Thanks for the advice patty, actually things turned out strangely she texted me at at 3:30 am saying no worries she had met up with another girl I know in the neighberhood that she apparently knows as well, she said she had more friends come over and they all went out, so clearly she was fine, in fact as cruel as this sounds, she made it seem like the whole situation had zero impact on her, and apparently she ended up having a great inspired night, I should habve expected that from her she's super independent, part of me wishes she was hurt because then she would have cared and I would know tere was something substantail, but it seems everyone in my life, friends and girls is a take it or leave it kind of person. Its easy but I wonder what I am doing to attract that considering how much I feel I care at times

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - Benjamin - 08-23-2011

Flowers Rolleyes

No way, unless you just want 'oh thanks' and she thinks your just a wuss, and that's it.

And Rainbow, that also may be her trying to make you feel guilty, saying 'oh I had a good night anyway'. I don't think she would admit 'oh I sat at home by myself doing nothing.'

-Ben

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - About - 08-23-2011

I think something like 2 weeks of stage 3 and 2 weeks of stage 6 would be enough, although I don't remember where I read it. This is definitely something I'm going to ask Shannon when the time comes for me to do SM.

RE: SexMagnetPrep... - RainbowAbyss - 10-03-2011

Running stage 6 of alpha for two weeks and then its sex magnet finally!
Its my third day of this crash refresher course. Its fairly smooth so far, except for a general sense of increase in anger, and a sense of being kind of above it all. I've been off subs for a while prior to this, just doing a height increase hypnosis which gave me almost a full inch in height and doing magnetic mindset, I met this awesome girl at a gallery bar party last wed. and she ended up spending the nite with me, I've never had such a hot/intimate connection before, I could feel it for days afterward, she went to tennesee to visit family and we planned to meet Monday but since starting alpha I feel I'm losing touch with that connection. I hope the manifestation effect doesn't interfere that kind of thing, like mixed signal waves or something. This girl is def. Someone I'm thrilled to have in my life.