Subliminal Talk
The What-Is-Not - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: The What-Is-Not (/Thread-The-What-Is-Not)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: The What-Is-Not - Life - 08-04-2016

Seems like in 2012 everyone was really close on the forum

RE: The What-Is-Not - Shawn - 08-04-2016

At least it looks like I was on the right path with light and heat.

RE: The What-Is-Not - eternity - 08-05-2016

i tried this last night, when leonidas sent me the link. shannon gave clear cut directions in the experiment, and that's what helped me understand.

Quote:What do I see when I gaze into a candle flame? It is not the flame.

Quote:What do I feel when I pass my hand over the candle flame? It is not the flame.

Quote:What do I smell when I blow the candle out? It is not the candle.

the interconnectedness of everything involvedthere's more than just the flame. there's the wick of the candle, the wax as fuel, and oxygen from the air, and then there's me perceiving the flame, and the candle itself, then the room it was in, the house the room was in, and the country the house was in.... all the way down to the particles of the candle, the particles of the particles, the particles of the particles of the particles..

it's the energy or vibration of everything in the universe that connects it all....

i kind of related the law of divine oneness concept to this experiment when i did it.

but there's also a good chance that i overthought this just like everyone else did Tongue

RE: The What-Is-Not - Shannon - 08-07-2016

When you look at a candle flame, what you see is the energy it radiates as light. What you hear is the energy it radiates as sound. What you feel is the energy it radiates as heat. What you smell is the particles it radiates as smoke... which themselves are just coagulated energy as well.

But none of this is the flame.

The flame itself is that which transforms the candle wax and the oxygen into light, heat, smoke. But what is that thing? Is it really energy?

RE: The What-Is-Not - Greenduck - 08-08-2016

Just as our consciousness is a vessel to transform energy from food and water into life, the flame is a vessel to transform the stored energy in the vax into life.

The flame is consciousness

RE: The What-Is-Not - Shawn - 08-08-2016

(08-07-2016, 09:09 PM)Shannon Wrote: The flame itself is that which transforms the candle wax and the oxygen into light, heat, smoke. But what is that thing? Is it really energy?

Is this level 2 of that "game"?

RE: The What-Is-Not - Shannon - 08-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 02:19 AM)Greenduck Wrote: Just as our consciousness is a vessel to transform energy from food and water into life, the flame is a vessel to transform the stored energy in the vax into life.

The flame is consciousness

I would disagree. You say consciousness is a vessel and it transforms food and water into life. I say consciousness is what is "contained" within the body that does the transforming, and that life is not the result of transforming food or water into something else, but simply enabled by it to express itself through the physical body.

Consciousness is life.

But all energy is consciousness.

If the flame is consciousness, what separates it from the consciousness that is the wax, or the wick, or the energies expressed by the flame as light, heat, etc?

RE: The What-Is-Not - Shannon - 08-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 11:57 AM)Mr. Anderson Wrote:
(08-07-2016, 09:09 PM)Shannon Wrote: The flame itself is that which transforms the candle wax and the oxygen into light, heat, smoke. But what is that thing? Is it really energy?

If you like. Or maybe it's level 0. Smile

RE: The What-Is-Not - eternity - 08-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 05:53 PM)Shannon Wrote: If the flame is consciousness, what separates it from the consciousness that is the wax, or the wick, or the energies expressed by the flame as light, heat, etc?

perception

RE: The What-Is-Not - apollolux - 08-09-2016

Vibration. Also waves. Big Grin

RE: The What-Is-Not - Shawn - 08-10-2016

(08-08-2016, 05:54 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 11:57 AM)Mr. Anderson Wrote:

If you like. Or maybe it's level 0. Smile

I would say the flame cannot exist without the energy supply from wax and oxygen. So it is probably more something like a catalyst to transform matter in all these kinds of energy. Like an alchemist which transforms one thing into another.