Subliminal Talk
The What-Is-Not - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: The What-Is-Not (/Thread-The-What-Is-Not)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: The What-Is-Not - tinygargoyle - 09-16-2012

Are you talking about the unburnt gas that you cannot actually see?

RE: The What-Is-Not - Shannon - 09-18-2012

(09-16-2012, 04:41 PM)tinygargoyle Wrote: Are you talking about the unburnt gas that you cannot actually see?

Am I? When you fully understand the question, and the answer, it will be no longer a question when you answer.

RE: The What-Is-Not - Ryan - 09-20-2012

An upside down teardrop shape with reds, oranges, and yellows.

Ryan

RE: The What-Is-Not - Spiral - 09-21-2012

I have not figured it out but this is what Shannon is getting at:

[attachment=67]

I could be wrong.. but this is soo deep I'll watch the flame again.. then contemplate on these statements.

RE: The What-Is-Not - Sean - 09-21-2012

When you look at the flame, you're not seeing the flame: you're seeing the light it gives off.

When you feel the flame with your hand, you're not feeling the flame, you're feeling the heat it gives off.

When you smell the smoke, after extinguishing, you're not smelling the flame, you're interpreting the particles that have landed on your olfactory buds in your nose.

This has all been translated by your mind into the picture, the thermo-tactile sensation (yes, I made that up), and the smell, but it is NOT the flame. It's the energy given off by the flame. Much like the fear post from Revolver, you've been tricked into believing that you see the flame, you feel the flame, and you smell the flame. Just like the fear is not really you, what you see, smell, and feel isn't really the flame.

"There is no spoon."

RE: The What-Is-Not - Ryan - 09-21-2012

That's pretty much what I said under "Hazard" apparently it wasn't correct with Shannon's exercise Wink Lol.

RE: The What-Is-Not - Shannon - 09-22-2012

Pretty much isn't precise. Sean has it.

Now... what is the light and heat to the flame? And what is the flame itself?

RE: The What-Is-Not - Elusive - 09-22-2012

I see the Matrix.

RE: The What-Is-Not - Yuri - 09-22-2012

(09-21-2012, 10:14 AM)Sean Wrote: When you look at the flame, you're not seeing the flame: you're seeing the light it gives off.

When you feel the flame with your hand, you're not feeling the flame, you're feeling the heat it gives off.

When you smell the smoke, after extinguishing, you're not smelling the flame, you're interpreting the particles that have landed on your olfactory buds in your nose.

This has all been translated by your mind into the picture, the thermo-tactile sensation (yes, I made that up), and the smell, but it is NOT the flame. It's the energy given off by the flame. Much like the fear post from Revolver, you've been tricked into believing that you see the flame, you feel the flame, and you smell the flame. Just like the fear is not really you, what you see, smell, and feel isn't really the flame.

"There is no spoon."

lol that is what i meant but i guess im bad at describing things i have inside my braintrain.

RE: The What-Is-Not - Sean - 09-22-2012

The light and the heat are the energy given off by the flame transformed into visual and thermal energy.

The flame is nothing but energy. As you peel back the layers of what it isn't, the flame is neither heat, nor light, nor are the oxygen and wax that fuel it. The only thing remaining is energy.

RE: The What-Is-Not - rayrocanaldo - 09-22-2012

(09-22-2012, 07:07 PM)Sean Wrote: The light and the heat are the energy given off by the flame transformed into visual and thermal energy.

The flame is nothing but energy. As you peel back the layers of what it isn't, the flame is neither heat, nor light, nor are the oxygen and wax that fuel it. The only thing remaining is energy.

My mind is making me see what it looks like and EVERYTHING is perception. Therefore the flame is not an illusion . It is and exists but is what I perceive it to be. My mind's perception of EVERYTHING creates my reality. So the flame is not what I don't THINK it is but is what I perceive it to be. Subliminal changes a person's perception to accept a new perception/belief about himself or the world around him. So what I see is what I believe and what I don't see is what I don't believe( what it is not even if I see it.). So the flame is my perception of it and the feelings about it will probably be determined by my perception of it. How I interpret anything is determined by my perception of it. Dunno if this is right though.

RE: The What-Is-Not - rayrocanaldo - 09-23-2012

The flame is the image representing heat and light together.

RE: The What-Is-Not - Breeze - 08-04-2016

Bump.

Did anybody try it amongst current forum members?

RE: The What-Is-Not - Vincent_Vega - 08-04-2016

So the answer is that the flame is just energy? I didn't expect that this could be the right answer.