Subliminal Talk
New Store Design - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: General Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-General-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: New Store Design (/Thread-New-Store-Design)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Store Design - Andrew - 01-18-2011

Hi everyone,

As you have probably noticed, the store looks a little different now. This is the first of two stages for making our store appealing. There are a lot of different bugs I need to fix, such as the gap between "store" and its submenu items...the navigation wrapping on the mainpage, etc. So if you see anything that is not aesthetic related such as a bug I have mentioned (I know it doesn't look great at the moment) PLEASE reply or PM me and if it's a good one I'll give you a small gift certificate for looking out.

RE: New Store Design - Shannon - 01-18-2011

(01-18-2011, 02:30 PM)Blueness Wrote: I have one... it says INDIGO MIND lol

We are Indigo Mind Labs now, and have been for some time.

RE: New Store Design - RainbowAbyss - 01-18-2011

I like the new look on the website, even though it is not complete its seems way more new and intrigueing, that dark mysterious butterfly promises much tranformation and delight. R u guys changing the look of the products at all? Not that there's anything wrong with it, but the new style really drew me in and I think it would be cool to see new pictures or even illustrations for the products.

RE: New Store Design - Jay - 01-18-2011

The biggest issue I personally have with the new design is that I wouldn’t use a drop down menu to display (and sell) the variety of subliminals. Your unique selling point is subliminals and BWE, let that be shown in full glory at first glance, let it be open and let it be a given that you sell quality subliminals, now it just seems to want to hide itself from the visitor. Also the ‘shop’ menu with included submenu is now on the same value level as the other menu items, which undermines the quality and importance of the subliminals itself (The forum and faq aren't on the same level of importance as the subliminals are).

I also prefer to have the simple list from the previous layout of subliminal categories on the left column. In its current form it’s more tedious and takes more time to get a good overview of the different categories that you offer.

The color palette is with too much emphasis on white, too much purity is dull. It needs something to clash with, give it an edge. You already use different shades of blue in your logo, make use of it, especially with having it in the form of a solid menu-bar (instead of having a selective color in the form of a mouse-over) which would put more trust and stability on the whole website.

Even though it still a remnant from the old layout, the welcome text also needs to be more in your face, it’s too stretched out which gives it an idea that it’s a boring, long text, even though there aren’t that many words used. I also recommend putting a few testimonials on the frontpage.

RE: New Store Design - RainbowAbyss - 01-18-2011

Tesimonials r a great idea on the front
And maybe some catch phrase like
'Not a magic bullet, but its the closest thing you'll ever find' lol
I like how the website draws u in, maybe a displayed best seller with pictures and the titles of the subs
Jay sounds like he knows what he's talking about Im just speaking for what works and has worked for me as an consumer
Some other catch phrase variations
'pick who u want to be and press play',
or 'pick ur problem and press play'
ok Ill stop now lol

RE: New Store Design - Benjamin - 01-18-2011

I much prefer the previous design with the menu on the side aswell.

It kind of seems 'non accessable' the way it is layed out now and doesn't make me want to click anything at all.

RE: New Store Design - Andrew - 01-18-2011

Guys, this isn't a feedback thread. It's a bug report thread. I am well aware of issues, pros & cons regarding aesthetics. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but the fact is it's not done and won't be for up to a few weeks. The reason it's up is because it's at the very least way better than the old one.

I'm not trying to shoot you guys down I just need to focus on what's at hand and therefore need bug reports. When it's done I will be more than happy to take and address all your ideas and/or concerns regarding aesthetics and very likely implement them.

Quote:So if you see anything that is not aesthetic related such as a bug I have mentioned (I know it doesn't look great at the moment) PLEASE reply or PM me

RE: New Store Design - Andrew - 01-18-2011

(01-18-2011, 02:49 PM)Blueness Wrote: I thought it was your new name. I just see ''Apex Empowerment brings you the highest quality subliminal and self-help products available.'' ... So I was a bit confused.

I like the new layout Andrew Wink

Thanks for catching that, if you PM me your store username email I'll hook you up with a $5 cert.

RE: New Store Design - Jay - 01-19-2011

(01-18-2011, 07:28 PM)Andrew Wrote: Guys, this isn't a feedback thread. It's a bug report thread. I am well aware of issues, pros & cons regarding aesthetics. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but the fact is it's not done and won't be for up to a few weeks. The reason it's up is because it's at the very least way better than the old one.

I'm not trying to shoot you guys down I just need to focus on what's at hand and therefore need bug reports. When it's done I will be more than happy to take and address all your ideas and/or concerns regarding aesthetics and very likely implement them.

Quote:So if you see anything that is not aesthetic related such as a bug I have mentioned (I know it doesn't look great at the moment) PLEASE reply or PM me

My apologies Andrew, to me bug fixing is including focusing on more aesthetic and usability related elements to make sure that everything functions, is user friendly and looks good. For some reason I must've read over the not, if I hadn't I would've kept my thoughts to myself, since I know it can be very annoying when you have people proposing other directions or commenting on your stuff, while you're midst in the process of still building it, and especially when you're not asking for it!

Good luck, I look forward on seeing what improvements may come.

RE: New Store Design - Spiral - 01-19-2011

I love the new look guys! specially the drop down menu. I have no bugs to report.

RE: New Store Design - Elusive - 01-20-2011

It might not be much, but the cart didnt empty itself after my last purchue.

RE: New Store Design - Jay - 01-25-2011

During the holiday sale I noticed that it isn't possible for a user to make two separate consecutive orders, I believe that the newly created order doesn't add a new record to the database when it's coming from the same user (unless another user has made a purchase in the meantime), instead it's replaced with the contents from the second order.

Also this forum could use a favicon, it looks pretty bleak in comparison with my other bookmarks Smile

RE: New Store Design - Andrew - 01-25-2011

(01-20-2011, 01:04 PM)Elusive Wrote: It might not be much, but the cart didnt empty itself after my last purchue.

Hmm, anyone else had this happen? Could be a cookie issue. I've noticed an increase in "unused" carts

RE: New Store Design - Andrew - 01-25-2011

(01-25-2011, 02:53 PM)Jay Wrote: During the holiday sale I noticed that it isn't possible for a user to make two separate consecutive orders, I believe that the newly created order doesn't add a new record to the database when it's coming from the same user (unless another user has made a purchase in the meantime), instead it's replaced with the contents from the second order.

Also this forum could use a favicon, it looks pretty bleak in comparison with my other bookmarks Smile

I'm a bit confused here- two consecutive orders...are you saying one after another or at the same time?

Thanks for the reminder about the favicon, I'll get to that when I replace the old logo on here. If you want to PM me your store email I'll get you $5. I'd like to talk to you about your previous suggestions as well, as soon as I finish my current round of work (not yet). Thank you for your time btw, sounds like you are well aware how hard it is to keep track of everything yourself on a dozen different websites being managed Smile

Update: Put in a favicon, fixed some very graphic glitches on the forum