Subliminal Talk
How NOT to use subliminals - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: How NOT to use subliminals (/Thread-How-NOT-to-use-subliminals)

Pages: 1 2 3

How NOT to use subliminals - Shannon - 12-14-2010

I just got an e-mail from someone who is having a negative result from the free self confidence program.  This person broke two key rules for using subliminals.  I would like to make it very clear here, because it's apparent that they did not know that these were rules to using subliminals.

Rule #1: DO NOT mix mind programming from different producers!  
I cannot emphasize this enough!  Different producers use different scripting techniques.  Different techniques which are often kept secret because of trade secret.  Different techniques which may cause unpredictable results, including negative results.  Don't mix programs from different producers, and don't use programs from more than one producer within 32 days of eachother.

This brings up the question of scripting methodology.  Can even a properly scripted program cause a bad response after being used by someone who has been using an improperly scripted program?  Yes.  This is why you never ever mix subs by different producers.

In other words, to be perfectly clear: if you use subliminals from producer X, you should never use subliminals from producer Y unless you have been at LEAST 32 days without using ANY subliminals at all.  (And if you've been using the subs produced by X for a long time (more than 32 days), a good 90 day wait without using subs is in order.  Then you should be able to try subs by producer Y without a problem.  

Rule #2: If you use a subliminal that causes you increased stress, distress, upset, anxiety, or any other negative response - and you have been using subliminals from multiple producers within 30 days of each other - immediately stop using the program that is triggering the negative responses, and seriously consider stopping ALL subliminals for 30 to 90 days to allow the conflicting programming to be released.

If you're having anxiety, upset, stress, fear responses, etc. from a program and it's not due to potential producer scripting technique conflict (and hypnosis is another possible cause for this conflict), then you have to evaluate the situation a little differently.

Are you having these results because you're just working through the negativity, or are you having the responses as a form of resistance that is going to be insurmountable?  If you think it is the latter, stop using the program(s) immediately.

People, we don't want anything but the best for you, but you can't have it both ways.  If you like my stuff, use my stuff, but don't use my stuff and someone else's   Likewise vice versa.  You stand a good chance of messing yourself up by mixing production and scripting techniques.

I know mine are properly scripted, and that's a large part of why I am so insistent that you not mix producers: I don't want my stuff to look bad because someone else isn't using proper (or compatible) scripting methods, and I don't want anyone getting hurt because of someone else's mistakes (which I cannot do anything about) or incompatible techniques!

PLEASE follow these two rules.

RE: How NOT to use subliminals - SargeMaximus - 12-11-2012

Good to know, thanks for the tips. One question though: does using brainwave entrainment count or are you strictly speaking about subliminals and hypnosis? Because I use brainwave entrainment currently and am enjoying the results, but they are just stock entrainment recordings from youtube.

RE: How NOT to use subliminals - Shannon - 12-11-2012

Brainwave entrainment only shifts your state of consciousness, or the level of your awareness. It's not feeding instructions to your subconscious mind. Therefore, enjoy as you like. But be careful not to overuse it. Smile

RE: How NOT to use subliminals - SargeMaximus - 12-11-2012

Right, I've heard of over use. Something like 30 mins max per day, per entrainment, yes?

RE: How NOT to use subliminals - Shannon - 12-11-2012

The guidelines I use are 30-60 minutes a day max, but not every day. No more than 3 days straight and 5 out of every 7 max. If you're using a program that puts you into theta or alpha, make sure to entrain beta afterwards (the second 30 minutes) to help prevent training your brain to stay in theta or alpha while youre awake. And dont use beta or theta within 4 hours of going to bed.

RE: How NOT to use subliminals - SargeMaximus - 12-12-2012

Ah very helpful, thanks. If I only use them in 15 minute sessions, is it the same? (15 Alpha/Theta then 15 Beta) or does it have to be 30 mins?

RE: How NOT to use subliminals - Shannon - 12-12-2012

(12-12-2012, 04:37 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote: Ah very helpful, thanks. If I only use them in 15 minute sessions, is it the same? (15 Alpha/Theta then 15 Beta) or does it have to be 30 mins?

You just want to make sure you re-set your brain to beta after using alpha or theta if you're going to use them every day in order to avoid training your brain to stay there. That would be at least 15 minutes of beta, and always make sure beta is as much as or more than the amount of time you use the other one.

RE: How NOT to use subliminals - SargeMaximus - 12-12-2012

Righto, thanks! Smile But what about if I use theta before bed? Switch back to beta just the same?

RE: How NOT to use subliminals - Benjamin - 12-12-2012

I can attest to using brainwaves too much. I used theta brainwaves with affirmations for a while and kept increasing it and started to get headaches and feel tired all the time.

Never come across the having to reset to alpha before, but it makes sense.

RE: How NOT to use subliminals - Shannon - 12-15-2012

(12-12-2012, 07:09 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: Righto, thanks! Smile But what about if I use theta before bed? Switch back to beta just the same?

If you use theta just before bed, you'll probably get one of two responses if you don't reset to beta. Either you'll recharge your brain and you won't fall asleep, or you'll fall asleep more easily if you don't. But using Theta by itself isn't reliable for this, which is why the sleep shuttle program ramps down, instead, and fades after a half hour.

If you reset to beta at that point, you'll probably have a hard time falling asleep.

The key is not to train your brain to stay in Theta. Sufficient repeated induction into Theta will do that. Just look at what TV, video games, movies and endless Audio-Visual stimulation are doing to our society. ADD and ADHD anyone?

(12-12-2012, 07:46 PM)benjamin Wrote: I can attest to using brainwaves too much. I used theta brainwaves with affirmations for a while and kept increasing it and started to get headaches and feel tired all the time.

Never come across the having to reset to alpha before, but it makes sense.

Headaches not everyone will get. Feeling tired all the time (listless, zombie-like, not all there) is a consequence of having trained your brain to stay in Theta.

RE: How NOT to use subliminals - RainbowAbyss - 12-15-2012

I've been feeling a lot like this lately, aside from beta wave brain audio and
less visual stimulation, can it be a consequence of resistance in a sub-overcome fear in this case, in either case any other
tips to move back to a more normal/functional brain wave pattern?

(12-15-2012, 01:46 PM)RainbowAbyss Wrote: I've been feeling a lot like this lately, aside from beta wave brain audio and
less visual stimulation, can it be a consequence of resistance in a sub-overcome fear in this case, in either case any other
tips to move back to a more normal/functional brain wave pattern?

There are a number of ways the subconscious can resist. I can't say definitively whether it could be in that case, but I wouldn't rule it out. If you want to move toward more normal brainwave patterns while you're awake, simply train your brain with Beta 30 minutes in the morning and again at lunch.

RE: How NOT to use subliminals - Spiritman - 12-20-2012

Shannon I have a quick question. I was thinking about playing AM 5.0 with ear phones like the ones in the link, while sleeping. But I need to know if these have the proper frequency response needed. I was going to play the trickle stream with these. Thanks

http://www.frys.com/product/6558133?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG