Subliminal Talk
Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 (/Thread-Weight-Loss-5G-OE-Version-5-0)

Pages: 1 2

Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - craazyman - 08-03-2013

I recently agreed to "beta test" the latest upcoming weight loss sub. This will likely be released in the next few weeks if Shannon is happy with the data. I did the last two versions and lost around 15lbs each time but I never quite broke through the final 20lbs or so. I gave Shannon quite a bit of frustration as one of the most resistant of his weight loss testers. We spent quite a bit of time talking, interviewing, and collecting data to figure out where to take the program next. Not to speak for Shannon, but I believe this version addresses virtually everything. I will be weighing in every week on Friday. I will both post it and update MyFitnessPal. I am also keeping a daily log of what I am eating. I do not advocate counting every calorie, but I think it will be interesting to compare my eating habits in a few weeks or months vs now. I made the journal public:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/craazyman11

Also, here is the running total of weight lost (this will only update on Friday as well).

[Image: 50358770.png]

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - Shannon - 08-05-2013

So my question is... you gonna do this experiment or run AM?

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - craazyman - 08-05-2013

(08-05-2013, 07:46 PM)Shannon Wrote: So my question is... you gonna do this experiment or run AM?

I believe this is in reference to my comment to you that I wanted to run AM 6.0 when it comes out...

The answer is, if this new weight loss program crushes my resistance then I will stick to it until I hit my ideal weight (which I am not totally sure what it is but likely 180-200lbs). What I mean is if I am losing consistent weight each week I will finish it out.

If I continue to resist like I did in the previous versions, I will switch to AM when 6.0 comes out. I did not have resistance with AM or other subs.

BTW Shannon, why would I resist weight loss and not other subs? I've been wondering that a long time and never asked.

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - Shannon - 08-05-2013

The reasons for such things are complex, but in my experience are usually based in a very deeply held fear, or in the case of someone with a brick wall effect, a fear based feedback loop (or even multiple such). Exactly what it is, I could not say without using something like hypnosis.

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - craazyman - 08-12-2013

Just a quick update. I was gone last week on a trip for work and was unable to update on Friday. I just weighed in yesterday and added another 2 pounds of weight loss to the total. This puts me at 4 total pounds since I started about 10 days ago.

One interesting major change from the last two weight loss programs I ran is that this does not keep me in a restless sleep mode at night. The previous programs would make it so difficult to sleep that I felt like a drug addict during the day! Now, I am sleeping peacefully but the program is clearly working. I find myself feeling hungry at random times (not the 3 standard meal times a day)... and I simply eat something at that time without thinking much about it.

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - Shannon - 08-12-2013

You didn't mention, and they don't know, that you used Version 1 (in our store) and then Version 2 (which was never released) before V5, which is what you're using right now.

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - craazyman - 08-14-2013

(08-12-2013, 05:15 PM)Shannon Wrote: You didn't mention, and they don't know, that you used Version 1 (in our store) and then Version 2 (which was never released) before V5, which is what you're using right now.

Cool -- I did not even know that much detail either. So far this program has been quite a rollercoaster. I have days where I am not the slightest bit hungry all day and eat maybe one meal the entire day. Then, the next day I am practically starving the entire day and never feel full. It is quite strange. I am looking forward to tracking the weight. This week I have not seen much change on the scale but can definitely tell I am leaning towards better food choices. The week long trip out with clients every night drinking/eating didn't help -- actually the fact I did not gain weight is pretty impressive.

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - Benjamin - 08-15-2013

Good luck, always good to hear your results on the weight loss program because it seems we have similar issues with resistance to weight loss.

I also had a similar thing on the program (earlier version), for a while i'd want to eat heaps then i'd be okay for a bit.

Though seeing i'm on BAMM over the long term I won't be able to use any upgraded versions of the weight loss program. Just working on doing it myself by going to the gym.

-Ben

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - Fonzy3 - 08-15-2013

Will be keeping an eye on this thread, if it's a powerful program, the newer version Shannon is creating will be a definite buy.

Thanks

Fonzy

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - craazyman - 08-19-2013

(08-15-2013, 12:43 AM)Benjamin Wrote: Good luck, always good to hear your results on the weight loss program because it seems we have similar issues with resistance to weight loss.

I also had a similar thing on the program (earlier version), for a while i'd want to eat heaps then i'd be okay for a bit.

Though seeing i'm on BAMM over the long term I won't be able to use any upgraded versions of the weight loss program. Just working on doing it myself by going to the gym.

-Ben

Hey Ben... long time no chat! Hope all is well. I had a struggle deciding if I should stick out the weight loss program or do Alpha Male but I am glad I stuck with it for now. One thing that has helped me is to every so often take a day and record my calories with an app on my phone. It helps me get an idea of the amount I am eating. It really makes you think about if you need the small extra things like the bread before the meal at a restaurant. Don't know if that helps you at all but wanted to share what is working for me.

(08-15-2013, 06:50 AM)Fonzy3 Wrote: Will be keeping an eye on this thread, if it's a powerful program, the newer version Shannon is creating will be a definite buy.

Thanks

Fonzy

I can say that this program is significantly different than the last few version(s). At first I thought this may not be as powerful because it is not disrupting my sleep like previous subs and it isn't the same immediate hunger suppression. (The last version for me would within 10 minutes of playing it kill any hunger I had)

Boy was I wrong... After three weeks of using it, I am eating in a completely unexpected way. I am generally eating 1 main meal a day with a small snack. I am not suggesting that is how everyone will react or if that is the proper way, it is just how my body has adapted. I typically get hungry within about 2-3 hours of waking up. I eat my largest meal of the day then (for me that is around 12noon-1pm). Then, I have a very small snack around 7pm and that's it.

I would say this sub is focused less on the immediate impact but after about three weeks of using it WOW.

Also for Friday 8/16 update I lost only a pound bringing it to 5lbs total (2lbs since I started weekly weigh in counter on my first post). I am surprised I have even lost that much as my eating pattern changes have just now started... next Friday should be really interesting!

Thanks Shannon for all the work you put in!

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - procyon98 - 08-30-2013

Is it safe to say 'loss?' Or are you changing the subconscious's definition of 'loss?' Right now when I tell myself 'I lost my phone" I must find it. Or I lost anything, i try to find what i lost. Would it be better to say 'let go of...' or 'release?" Is the yo-yo weight issue a result of finding the weight after I 'lose' it?

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - Shannon - 08-30-2013

The name of the program is "weight loss". That doesn't mean I use the term "weight loss" in the program script. Not just because of that, but because it has come to have a negative connotation as well.

Crazyman, why doesn't your counter reflect what you last told me? Update, man! Update!

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - craazyman - 08-31-2013

Just wanted to post a quick update -- more detail to come after the holiday weekend...

I've now lost a total of 7.5pounds as of yesterday weigh in. For some reason myfitnesspal chart at my first post is not syncing to my phone app but I asked support and hopefully will figure that one out soon.

I am still playing every night and an extra hour or two during day when possible.

RE: Weight Loss 5G / OE Version 5.0 - Benjamin - 09-14-2013

How you going with it man? Anything craaazzy happening? Smile

The amount you're eating from your earlier post is amazing, hard to imagine myself doing that. Great proof that it's working for you!

-Ben