Subliminal Talk
Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Women's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Women's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary (/Thread-Life-Tune-Up-Effects-Diary)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - Ryan - 07-20-2010

Sorry you're experiencing so much resistance, I know what that's like. Usually the worst of days during the experience signal change right around the corner. It shouldn't be long before these things really kick in and you start feeling good day-in, day-out. Stay strong! Smile

RE: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - Tigerlilly - 07-20-2010

(07-20-2010, 05:28 AM)Ryan Wrote: Sorry you're experiencing so much resistance, I know what that's like. Usually the worst of days during the experience signal change right around the corner. It shouldn't be long before these things really kick in and you start feeling good day-in, day-out. Stay strong! Smile

Thank you for sharing that Ryan. It is helpful to know that others have experienced resistance to the programs. It also sounds like the seemingly odd increase in resistance may be attributable to my brains's last ditch big effort to resist.

Last night I was all excited for a full night of sleep (8 - 9 hours for catch up purposes) and a full night of subliminals. Well, I got the sleep, but I did not get the subs - Dodgy - user error while placing the ipod in its dock accounted for the problem. The ipod played all night, but not through the speakers! Grrrrr. Try again tonight!

I've asked this before, whether headphones or speakers were more appropriate, (speakers whenever possible!) I am curious to know why speakers are the system of choice for listening to subliminals. Can anyone share their knowledge with me on this aspect?

RE: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - Ryan - 07-20-2010

From what I've seen, you can find headphones with better frequency response (up to 23khz) which provides for a more clearer reading. Unfortunately, I've only been able to find affordable speakers up to 20khz, which is perfectly fine. Speakers are just more convenient, especially while sleeping. No real difference between the two, all about preference.

Don't worry about the resistance, it happens to most of us, the main thing is let the subliminal do it's work and let go of all feelings of resentment towards the subliminal. It's going to stir up a lot of stuff, but it HAS to do that if you want to replace it. Take it from me, I've spent a month and a half doing this program right now and I experienced about a month of crazy depression and isolation because my anxiety got so severe I had a hard time getting out. Up until about 2 weeks ago I've hardly had a panic attack but the last 2 weeks I was having them like crazy. Not so extreme but my mind was literally going crazy and bringing up a lot of really weird thoughts. Which I understand considering how much 'crap' I had deep in my head. The other day I had a dream about the end of the world and everyone committing suicide, which required myself to do the same. I took it as a farewell to my previous reality and all the beliefs I used to have. Since then, I've been feeling better and stronger on a daily basis, practically a brand new, successful man. Granted, Woman Magnet is a larger scale program that works on dozens of issues, but I understand, I'm doing ASC too and feeling a bit of resistance on that as we speak. It shouldn't be much longer until it's all over and then you don't have to worry about those issues anymore Smile

(07-20-2010, 12:18 AM)Shannon Wrote: Just to let you know, TL, I have not had a chance to reply to your last two e-mails yet. You like to write, and I enjoy reading what you write, but responding requires more time and energy than I may have available at a given point in time. I am finding that lately there is not enough of me to go around. But I'll read and reply as soon as possible. Just have a lot of stuff to do that makes it difficult to keep up lately.

No worries Shannon. It is easy to see that you have your hands full! I do look forward to your responses and appreciate the time you put into addressing my questions, etc. Of course, respond at your leisure.

If at all possible, I would like to begin the binaural program in the next week so that I have approximately 4 weeks to work with it before classes begin and changing up the subs to which I am currently listening. This may require a bit of attention on your part, so do let me know if it is possible at this time.

I await your thoughtful response.

Your faithful gunia pig, Wink

RE: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - Shannon - 07-20-2010

The reason speakers are suggested is as follows.

They are safer; they have a greater range; they are generally more convenient and safer to use while sleeping.

Safer in terms of hearing: if it's silent, you might accidentally the volume too loud and not know it. If that happens with speakers, you're less likely to damage your ears because it's not so close to the ears. Also, I have noticed that people typically have a less than reasonable idea of what "normal" volume is when using headphones and earbuds.

Greater range refers to being able to move around further while getting the benefits, although I have never used wireless headphones.

More convenient means set and forget, without having to put on, take off, etc.

Safer to use while sleeping refers to no choking hazard and no possibility of having them come off.

Thank you for the clarification Shannon!

RE: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - Tigerlilly - 07-28-2010

What a difference a week makes!

Last week I was playing one of those whiney characters on Grey's Anatomy. Yesterday, I was struck but a moment of clarity so incredibly strong, (maybe hit on the head with a brick is more like it!) that it seemed to be coming from somewhere else. Once the thought sort of settled into my brain it felt a bit like "OMG, I've walked past this house a hundred times and I've never seen that garden gnome before."

I truly hope the moment doesn't pass, but stays with me permanently because I do believe that I may have FINALLY let go of some serious self-blame.

THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO POPPED IN TO VOICE ENCOURAGEMENT! TO HAVE TAKEN A BABY STEP FEELS LIKE A MIGHTY LEAP!

RE: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - WildFlower - 07-29-2010

(07-28-2010, 02:48 PM)Tigerlilly Wrote: What a difference a week makes!

Last week I was playing one of those whiney characters on Grey's Anatomy. Yesterday, I was struck but a moment of clarity so incredibly strong, (maybe hit on the head with a brick is more like it!) that it seemed to be coming from somewhere else. Once the thought sort of settled into my brain it felt a bit like "OMG, I've walked past this house a hundred times and I've never seen that garden gnome before."

I truly hope the moment doesn't pass, but stays with me permanently because I do believe that I may have FINALLY let go of some serious self-blame.

THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO POPPED IN TO VOICE ENCOURAGEMENT! TO HAVE TAKEN A BABY STEP FEELS LIKE A MIGHTY LEAP!

I'm happy you're seeing results Tigerlilly Big Grin Absolute self confidence is a great title and the effects you describe do become long term. Is the let go you mention let go of past relationships? I used that title after a painful breakup this time last year. Boy does it work - really helps you to move on. You seem to have a great little playlist, I look forward to reading more results in the future.

RE: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - Tigerlilly - 09-01-2010

I'm still at it, listening every night for 6-8 hours. Not much journaling these days, with classes back in session, little free time will be available.

Today, during a site visit, I found a building that dramatically resembled a building I saw in a dream. Actually, I am certain it was the same building, though I had never been to this site before. My dream journal has loads of details on this building all of which coincided with what I saw today. I did not have that strange sense of dejavu (sp?) when I happened upon the building (much in the way I "happened" upon it in my dream") just a clear sense that the buildings were one and the same.

I didn't date this journal entry, but it is my first, the next entry is June 14 so it happened right after I started listening to the subliminals.

Odd?? Not sure yet. But it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

RE: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - Ryan - 09-02-2010

How has the self-confidence sub affected your attitude/behaviors towards school? I'm currently battling through the final negative crap associated with ASC, atm, and I just started school too, how inconvenient... Sad

RE: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - Tigerlilly - 09-02-2010

The other day I was told by one of my instructors that I was not humble enough and that my work did not sustain the level of confidence I projected. I found it to be a strange comment given that the individual has seen little of my work but I was entirely unaffected by the comment. So, it would appear that the subliminals are working because a comment like that last semester would have led to tremendous self-doubt and negativity.

Unfortunately my attitude towards school in general has not changed much and I feel like I am going through the motions, finding no joy or excitement in relation to the upcoming projects. I am hoping that will change though I am not quite sure how to make that change come about myself.

I would have preferred a few more months working with the subliminals without the added stress of courses. Perhaps the subliminals will help to keep me sane over the next 2 semesters.

RE: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - Ryan - 09-03-2010

He really commented about the confidence you have been projecting? That is really awesome and shows just how your subconscious thinking can change the way people perceive you. And the best part, you're letting go! I too, notice that people have been responding to me differently, even professors because I've been projecting this confidence but other things from another sub do not match up and make me a bit nervous/social anxiety. I'm sure you would benefit by adding back in the life tune-up or a positive thinking sub... or perhaps you should request Shannon build a 6 stage alpha female sub Wink

RE: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - Tigerlilly - 09-03-2010

Alpha female . . . hmmmm . . . not sure adding more alpha to my personality would be a good thing, I'm pretty pushy as it is. LOL

I did find it interesting that I was unaffected by the instructor's comment. I hadn't considered the possibility that letting it go so easily could have something to do with the letting go subliminal, though perhaps it does. Initially, I thought my reaction was more indicative of the ambivalence I feel towards school in general.

I was thinking of adding life tune-up back into my listening schedule, but not sure I want to eliminate any of the others just yet. Still having issues with procrastination, so can't cut that, and I've not yet entirely let go of the last relationship (still struggling with flashes of anger (still daily, grrrrrr) and sadness (a couple times a week), so I can't cut that either. The ASC is a great sub, and with all the chaos in my life, I feel like I need my ego to stay strong. Listening to 5 subs is the max and I wonder if re-introducing LTU in addition to adding a positive thinking sub into my regular rotation would just bee too much. I have occasionally been listening to Kelly Howell's positive thinking and attract love, but only a couple of times a week either when stretching after a run or when meditating.

[Ryan] Have you noticed any change with your feeling towards school since beginning the subliminals? To which subs are you currently listening?

RE: Life Tune-Up - Effects Diary - Ryan - 09-03-2010

I didn't really mean alpha in that sense ;P The alpha male sub is basically a nice cleansing subliminal for men that makes you more determine and doing for yourself and what you want, successful, stronger, positive and overall complete self-improvement: esteem, confidence, value, etc and of course alpha but it releases a lot of stuff that make you mentally "unhealthy".

Honestly, I can't really tell what could be causing me to want to take more pride in my work, could be the ASC sub or parts from the Woman Magnet I'm doing. Lately though I've been slacking to the extreme since I'm going through a bit of hard times releasing repressed anxiety and what not. It's been making me a tad disappointed in myself because I actually want to take pride in my work (which is a complete change from last year) but too many other things have been getting in my way. Like I said, just an inconvenient time ;P

As far as letting go, I just started experiencing that this week, I won't let anything get me down or decrease my confidence. It has to be that affirmation about releasing and rejecting anything that gets you down. I had a lot of hard times this week with that repressed anxiety especially at school that instead of feeling like crap at the end of the day, I was extremely happy for whatever reason. The one thing that always got my confidence and self-esteem down were my parents. And last night when I was out with them, both of them showed me complete respect. I actually had a nice conversation with my dad and didn't feel inferior. And a lot of my self-improvement things that I've done to my image I was expecting criticism because they love to give it but they actually were really supportive and open to it all. I noticed that because I no longer let it bother me outside criticism that always brought me down isn't coming up much anymore.