Subliminal Talk
Absolute Self Confidence - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Women's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Women's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Absolute Self Confidence (/Thread-Absolute-Self-Confidence)

Absolute Self Confidence - Strawberry Blonde - 03-07-2013

I have been using ASC for about 4 weeks now. Due to some technical difficulties and the fact that my husband treats anything like this as some kind of sorcery, my usage has not been as great as I would like. However over the 4 weeks I have managed from between 1hr minimum up to about 6hrs. I have also had a few days where I did not use at all as I almost exploded my brain by playing the silent track on too high a volume through earbuds. I also made the mistake of trying to listen to Luck Magnifier at the same time, which again had disastrous physical consequences.
Anyway, after having read the instructions properly, and getting the hang of what goes with what I am settling down for the moment with ASC.
I am not exactly what you would call a shrinking violet or a wall flower, but I do doubt myself a lot, I find myself wondering what other people think of me. I pretty often feel that other people's view of me is probably quite negative. I could become very quickly upset and offended by what I perceived to be rejection and belittling from others. Even if I did not openly express my concerns I would frequently go over in my mind for weeks how badly I had been treated.
So after my use of ASC I find that really I am 50% less bothered about other people's opinions of me. And now if someone is rude or offensive I view it as their problem and not mine...I don't take it to heart. And if I do I am over it within hours rather than days.
I find I have better conversations with people too. I ask more questions, listen more carefully and smile more.
When someone has a problem, instead of just agreeing about how unfair life is I try and offer a positive thought or offer to help in some practical way.
I still don't think I would happily walk into a room full of strangers and know what to say...but I am more comfortable with the people I do know. I am less judgemental of others and also of myself. I generally feel more relaxed about life.
I will try and post some more instances as I notice how I am handling things differently.

RE: Absolute Self Confidence - Benjamin - 03-07-2013

Great results. It's a shame your husband is resistant to you using it, hopefully when he sees your results he will realize the value.

It's not recommended to use ultrasonic with headphones at all, only the masked versions (ocean wave or trickling stream).

Being less bothered by opinions and seeing it as their issue is an awesome improvement! And it can only get better from here.

-Ben

RE: Absolute Self Confidence - Shannon - 03-08-2013

There are definitely good reasons why the instructions say to do or not do what they say to do or not to. Wink

Keep going with it. Sounds like you're making progress, but aren't all the way there yet.

RE: Absolute Self Confidence - Strawberry Blonde - 03-13-2013

(03-08-2013, 10:08 AM)Shannon Wrote: There are definitely good reasons why the instructions say to do or not do what they say to do or not to. Wink

Keep going with it. Sounds like you're making progress, but aren't all the way there yet.

This is a bit weird.
After feeling quite contented and in control of my life I suddenly woke up on Friday morning and felt defeated, deflated and aggressive.
I almost felt like what's the point of me improving in my self confidence when nothing else in my life has changed.
But I haven't stopped listening, I assume this is just some kind of personal blip.
Or maybe time to change the sub?
Anyway it's Tuesday now and whilst I've managed to keep a cap on things over the last few days I know that I have been quite confrontational, argumentative and fault finding. Sometimes even I didn't think it was necessary...but it just seemed to happen.
Can anyone enlighten me on this.

RE: Absolute Self Confidence - Sean - 03-13-2013

That sounds like a classic resistance response. Stick with it.

RE: Absolute Self Confidence - Strawberry Blonde - 03-13-2013

(03-13-2013, 07:49 AM)Sean Wrote: That sounds like a classic resistance response. Stick with it.

Any idea what it might be resistance to.
I've read and reread the script and I can't see anything I obviously disagree with or think does not apply to me. But maybe that is not what resistance mean when it comes to subliminals.
Any light shed on this is more than welcome.

RE: Absolute Self Confidence - Sean - 03-13-2013

While you may consciously want to agree with the entire script, your subconscious programming may disagree. Typically this is a fear or ego response, and it is fighting back because you're killing it off. When you start breaking through the illusions (fears) that it set to keep you in line, and keep you under control, it becomes threatened and starts undermining whatever it can reach.

Anger and irritability are easy targets: you're going through a change, which causes some tiredness and stress. These are normal reactions. When the ego latches on to these, it can charge up those reactions and make you irritable and behave in ways that present a new illusion: that the subliminals are making you this way, that you should quit (and thereby remove the threat to your ego's existence).

RE: Absolute Self Confidence - Strawberry Blonde - 03-14-2013

(03-13-2013, 11:21 AM)Sean Wrote: While you may consciously want to agree with the entire script, your subconscious programming may disagree. Typically this is a fear or ego response, and it is fighting back because you're killing it off. When you start breaking through the illusions (fears) that it set to keep you in line, and keep you under control, it becomes threatened and starts undermining whatever it can reach.

Anger and irritability are easy targets: you're going through a change, which causes some tiredness and stress. These are normal reactions. When the ego latches on to these, it can charge up those reactions and make you irritable and behave in ways that present a new illusion: that the subliminals are making you this way, that you should quit (and thereby remove the threat to your ego's existence).

Hi Sean
Thanks for the explanation.
I have read it through several times and it seems logical.
After all if you don't change the way you do things then nothing changes ! And these subs are making me think and act differently, therefore changing me, and as you said maybe subconsciously I feel threatened by the change.
OK I get it...thanks for taking the time to explain and help with that.

RE: Absolute Self Confidence - TheGraduate - 07-22-2013

(03-13-2013, 11:21 AM)Sean Wrote: While you may consciously want to agree with the entire script, your subconscious programming may disagree. Typically this is a fear or ego response, and it is fighting back because you're killing it off. When you start breaking through the illusions (fears) that it set to keep you in line, and keep you under control, it becomes threatened and starts undermining whatever it can reach.

Very well said.

RE: Absolute Self Confidence - Joronda - 08-14-2013

I have been using Absolute Self Confidence for a few weeks, and I went to a funeral of an old class-mate last week on my own.

I got up and gave a speech about how we inter-acted at school together, and the family were absolutely thrilled to hear the things I told them.

I was chatting away to complete strangers without any anxiety and I felt like I had known many of them all my life, and could easily go into their homes in the future if they invited me to.

Something has happened in my head for the better, because I usually keep a very low profile at funerals.