Subliminal Talk
Millionaire Fastlane - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Millionaire Fastlane (/Thread-Millionaire-Fastlane)

Pages: 1 2

Millionaire Fastlane - Sean - 02-13-2013

There are more than a few of us on SubliminalTalk reading this book. Would it be appropriate to start a discussion about it, here?

One of the things I have noticed in starting to read this book is how much I have been on The Sidewalk, so far. It is eye opening and I'm looking forward to reading the chapters that will help me start moving into the Fast Lane.

Where is everyone else on this?

RE: Millionaire Fastlane - Roy - 02-13-2013

I'm also reading it.Near the end.It really illuminates for me the uselessness
of the slowlane,waiting and being ineffective in the use of time while hoping
that the job and stock markets will work in your favor.

It has very interesting explanations towards the end of business that I'm reading now.

RE: Millionaire Fastlane - Andrew - 02-13-2013

I'm on my second run-through now while reading Intro to NLP at the same time (hoping it gets more interesting as it's just terming things). Took a break and read:
Eric Thomas: Secret to Success
An Optimist's Guide to the Future

I am planning to run-through the fastlane millionaire once a month, and this time I think I'm going to take notes and see if I can develop a personal system out of it because reading through it once a month is a bit inefficient.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the book, hopefully as much as I have /still am. I'm amazed how many have read the book since I recommended it in my journal and to Shannon.

RE: Millionaire Fastlane - Roy - 02-13-2013

I think I'll do something of a summery with points to run through and map
the book for convenience for applying for myself.Reading it every month
seems inefficient.Although few more reads will help to notice more things.

Mind mapping has been very useful for me for quickly reviewing large subjects
and books.

BTW Andrew,I have been trying to PM you but it was blocked.Please PM me when it's possible to PM you back or send me a mail.

RE: Millionaire Fastlane - Benjamin - 02-13-2013

Great idea Sean.

You know what's funny, after reading some of it I watched Californication. (If your into it and haven't seen the latest episode then there will be spoilers just to warn you)

One of the characters, Runkle got fired and was in his house. He was in his underwear nearly crying to Hank that he lost his job and that he is living paycheck to paycheck and that his house is so expensive to rent and that he is fucked.

Hank said "Why the hell are you living above your means?" and Runkle goes "Well Stew (a guy who is with his ex wife) is rich and has a big house so I just had to get this big, fancy pussy magnet."

And I was actually laughing because it was the exact attitude I was reading about in the Millionaire Fastlane.

The whole "get this big house or this fancy car to impress others". When in reality I bet the other guy doesn't give a shit.

Personally if I was going to get a house, i'd want a house that I like and find cool. It doesn't have to be an over the top, fancy kind of thing. Same with cars, as long as my car isn't falling apart and is in relatively good condition I don't care.

-Ben

RE: Millionaire Fastlane - Spiral - 02-13-2013

I agree with you Ben. I wouldn't mind having a shack. Just as long as it isn't a shack attached to other shacks apart of building called apartments LOL

Once I get to where I want to go though.. the fancy cars and house will come.

RE: Millionaire Fastlane - Benjamin - 02-14-2013

Meanwhile at Spirals house...

[Image: wushanShack.jpg]

Now that I think of it, when I do see photos of some houses I really want them, but for me it's mainly old mansions, the ones with a massive library and a great view out the window. That would be my dream house, I really wish I could explore some.

I'd also love to explore some big castles (but wouldn't really want to live in one) I was looking at a caste called "Draculas Castle/Bran Castle".

http://www.bran-castle.com/en/

Looks awesome!

Anyway, it's funny reading the Millionaire Fastlane and thinking "this is the ultimate goal for me and I agree with and love what he is saying so far".

He talks a lot about people getting extremely offended at his material, I can't see why... I find it liberating I don't need to do all that slowlane crap anymore.

Andrew, there is actually an audio for the book read by DJ Demarco if that helps.

-Ben

RE: Millionaire Fastlane - Shannon - 02-15-2013

Some people are only happy if they're miserable. Some people are only happy if there's something to be offended by, or complain about. Some people can't handle the truth. But the truth is sharp, and best taken in it's condensed form.

RE: Millionaire Fastlane - Magnus - 02-21-2013

So having read through most of the fastlane millionaire I personally found a lot of it to be common sense. There was a few things I had lost sight of like concentrate on solving a problem and not finding an idea to make money and provide value to others instead of concentrating on making money as well as some of the slow lane traps I let myself slide into from being in it for a few years

A lot of the laws, beliefs and concepts talked about throughout my book with regard to the fastlane were always talked about within my family growing up and have just seemed normal to me. Maybe that's part of the reason I hate working for others for a menial wage is because I know there is a better way.

Did anyone else find a vast majority of it was common sense?

RE: Millionaire Fastlane - J. Jay - 02-21-2013

Yes I also thought a lot of the book was common sense and is more of a motivational book than anything. No real practical advice. If you have read other entrepreneur/ business books, you won't really find anything new in it. The Fastlane Forum though is much more valuable.

If you want to read a really great book on business, sales and marketing and is practical, chech out a book called "Ca$hvertising", almost finished it and it is one if the best books I've ever read. E Myth Revisited is also a gem.

RE: Millionaire Fastlane - Andrew - 02-21-2013

I find the last couple responses particularly interesting. I knew at some point, someone somewhere would downplay the book on the forum and was wondering how that would come about. Everyone's certainly going to have an opinion, but if anyone out there is on the fence about reading the book, give it a go. Worst case as the above posters say is you'll be motivated. I've payed much more than the cost of the book to be motivated before Wink

However it has completely altered the way I, and everyone I've personally handed the book to including friends and family see reality. It's had more impact on me personally than any book I've read in my life. I certainly can't promise it'll have that effect for everyone, but it continues to impact my decisions daily. Some of it, maybe a lot of it is simple. I wouldn't call it "common" sense (if everyone had "common sense" our nation wouldn't be in such a large debt we can't even afford the minimum payments)... although the information is certainly logical. I'm a firm believer in that the right solution is most often the simple solution, requiring a lot of hard work and a lot of faith. There's no magic solution in this book, unless you consider that you the reader, become the solution. The author used all his advice to achieve his wealth and didn't write about it until afterwards. I know that if he woke up with all his money missing one day, he would be able to do it all over again.

Don't get me wrong its a good book and just because its "common sense" doesn't mean everyone follows "common sense" Wink

I found for me it revived what I had years ago. A lot of it was principles I used to follow by but had lost sight of due to various mishaps along with a strong victim mentality. Even though it was common sense I still got a lot out of the book. So I would still advise it as a good read to anyone.

So lets just say the book helped me to revive some long lost common sense.

RE: Millionaire Fastlane - Benjamin - 02-21-2013

It's interesting because when I first tried to read the book I tuned out, found it hard to understand, fell asleep etc. It went over my head. I wasn't really ready for it at the time. But now it's making much more sense.

As Andrew said if it was common sense we wouldn't have the economic issues we are having. If you were brought up in a family learning that wouldn't you already be rich?

I had a look at the Cashvertising website and it hits me as a smooth talking guy with not much substance. He says he can sell anything to anyone but he lost my sale as soon as I seen him in a labcoat.

I am just a beginner in copywriting but I see some blatantly bad stuff in there.

I am well aware that presenting yourself as an 'expert' such as in a labcoat can persuade people, but only if it is appropriate. In this case it just looks stupid and he wasn't able to sell to me.

Quote:FACT! Over 83% of people read headlines only. Your headline MUST stop them or your advertising will likely fail.

He is right, his headline stopped me from buying his book.

He uses generic quotes such as "one of the largest direct copywriting firms in the world." Which makes people fill in their own blanks. The people I know of who are legit have specifically stated where they worked, such as Dan Kennedy with Guthy-Renker.

Quote:"And it doesn’t matter one bit whether you’re a corporate giant or a mom & pop pizza shop," says seasoned ad veteran Drew Eric Whitman.

He is quoting himself on a page written by himself, it's like he has just taken these generic techniques and thrown them onto the page.

Anyway, that's the first impression I get.

-Ben

What seems like common sense to one person can be a complete mystery to another for example I can't understand how a mechanic can repair a car but to them it is common sense, its something they know.

When it comes to the being rich what happens if you learn it all and see examples of it through your life but are told you don't have what it takes to ever get there? Would you persevere through the failures, push through the hard times or just accept the failure and the belief that you don't have what it takes?

For me I lacked the perseverance in the past to push through the failures and learn from them.

Just because something is common sense doesn't make it easy Smile

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Edit: Actually after reading one of those statements again it did get me thinking I do wonder why alot of kids of fastlane parents end up on the side walk or the slowlane?