Subliminal Talk
Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures (/Thread-Sarah-s-Weight-Loss-Adventures)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - Shannon - 02-11-2012

(02-11-2012, 12:47 PM)ilana612 Wrote: So, my progress continues... I don't have a lot to report, as there have not been many huge noticable changes recently. I am still continuing to stick to my diabetes eating plan with amazing ease, and I have noticed that I am eating smaller portions without meaning to.

I have also noticed that I seem to be thinking about food a LOT less, and have been eating because I know I need to rather than because I just want to. There are a lot of days when I end up eating a lot less than intended because I am just not hungry enough to want to spend the time cooking something- though in all fairness, this COULD be attributed more to my innate laziness than to the sub!

Something funny happened just a few minutes ago, which is what prompted me to write a post today. I just got back from erranding, and I was having a major craving for something sweet- and I mean the type of sweet craving that not too long ago would prompt me to eat a whole box of donuts- and I sat down by the computer with my snack and began eating it, reveling in the deliciousness, my sweet craving happily satisfied... and guess what my snack of choice was? A medium sized bowl of freshly washed strawberries, nothing added to them. How funny is that? Eating healthier has become so automatic to me it no longer seems like a big deal, until I notice something like this and compare it to my mindset only a month ago. Crazy!

I never saw anyone become, or remain, overweight because they were too lazy to eat.

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - ilana612 - 02-22-2012

Since my last post, I have had some interesting results.
Well, first of all- I switched over to the second stage about 6 days ago,
and I realized today that i have been noticing something for about the last FIVE days that is very odd, for me...
Along with a much stronger feeling of always being full (even though I'm eating even LESS all the time), I have noticed that I have not been experiencing any "nicotine fiends".
I thought about WHY that was...
and I realized that I really have not been smoking very much, definitely not very much at one time...
And when I started thinking about this, and thinking about smoking in general... well, let me say first that lately every time I have contemplated stopping smoking , I have felt a STRONG almost panic reaction that I did NOT want to stop. But when I thought about it again the other day, guess what? I still want to smoke more than I want to stop, but the idea of stopping was just like- yeah, okay, whatever... no panic whatsoever.
but OH HOLY CRAP!
i did not even THINK about it until just now... wow... the last time i smoked a cigarette was two days ago! Partly because thats when I ran out of cigarettes.. but yet, I have not gone and bought any more, have I? Wow.
Kind of weird, though... I can understand perfectly why the sub would influence me in terms of reducing my appetite and making me want to make healthier food choices, etc. But... cigarettes? Why would the sub be helping in that direction? What do you think, Shannon?

Wow, I also i just thought about what i have eaten today... I am in the process of cooking some ham for my dinner... other than the ham I am about to eat, you know what i have eaten today? One small coffee from Mcdonalds, a handful of peanuts, 3-4 pieces of cheese and some sausages. Thats it. And I'm not even that hungry now! LOL
Just this little bit of ham will more than fill me up. Pretty drastic change from only a little over a month ago. I have to say, I am loving this process!

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - Shannon - 02-22-2012

The effect on your smoking is a side effect of dealing with two things that were contributing to your weight issue. The result is lowered stress and a change in certain thinking patterns, beliefs and responses. For some people, yes... smoking will naturally drift away as a result.

Take those "Before" pictures, durnit, before you lose it all. I was already seeing a noticeable difference last time I was there.

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - Benjamin - 02-22-2012

Very good Sarah. Good your getting results.

I took before pictures Shannon myself, so I hope to see a significant change by the time I finish, well I already an noticing a change, but enough to shock people in a good way! Smile

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - Patti - 02-23-2012

Wow girl! It sounds like you're doing a whole life transformation over there! Good for you! I really like that your progress seems to happening on a steady basis. I enjoy that domino effect from one sub to other area's that may need attention. Everything's so intertwined...isn't it?!

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - Shannon - 02-23-2012

(02-22-2012, 08:20 PM)benjamin Wrote: Very good Sarah. Good your getting results.

I took before pictures Shannon myself, so I hope to see a significant change by the time I finish, well I already an noticing a change, but enough to shock people in a good way! Smile

Keep in mind that it may take more than one run through to finish achieving your ideal weight. The goal is not just to achieve your ideal weight, but to do so at a speed that will make it easy to maintain and keep it when you get there. That limits how much adjustment can be achieved in six months; so some of you will need more than once through it, back to back.

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - Benjamin - 02-24-2012

Quote:Keep in mind that it may take more than one run through to finish achieving your ideal weight. The goal is not just to achieve your ideal weight, but to do so at a speed that will make it easy to maintain and keep it when you get there. That limits how much adjustment can be achieved in six months; so some of you will need more than once through it, back to back.

Yeah that makes sense Shannon. I assume I will have to run it again, the weight is going slowly, but it is definately going because today I was about 127.8kg which I haven't seen on the scales for a long time, but it did take a while to go from the 130kg to this. But it does show it is shifting.

Guess it makes sense if it is doing it at a rate I can achieve it that it is going slower because i've been so resistant to it in the past.

One annoyance is that it seems to not be going from my belly, and is instead more going from other places right now.

And one interesting thing is that there has always been a difference between both sides. Like my right arm was always bigger than my left.

Measuring them a few weeks ago they were the same. But my left and right leg there was a fair bit of a difference in my right leg (like a 3-4 cm bigger).

-Ben

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - Shannon - 02-24-2012

Quote:Yeah that makes sense Shannon. I assume I will have to run it again, the weight is going slowly, but it is definately going because today I was about 127.8kg which I haven't seen on the scales for a long time, but it did take a while to go from the 130kg to this. But it does show it is shifting.

Ben you have just broken through that wall you couldn't get through before! That's awesome! Congrats, dude!

Keep in mind, also, different personality types will have different relative average weight loss speeds. Be patient. You will get there. Slow and steady wins the race. Smile

Quote:Guess it makes sense if it is doing it at a rate I can achieve it that it is going slower because i've been so resistant to it in the past.

Possibly. Personality adjustment. But as the walls are overcome, the weight loss speed should shift with the lessening of resistance over time.

Quote:One annoyance is that it seems to not be going from my belly, and is instead more going from other places right now.

Let go of annoyance and expectation of where it will come off. Be patient. It will come off.

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - Patti - 02-29-2012

(02-22-2012, 05:25 PM)ilana612 Wrote: Since my last post, I have had some interesting results.
Well, first of all- I switched over to the second stage about 6 days ago,
and I realized today that i have been noticing something for about the last FIVE days that is very odd, for me...
Along with a much stronger feeling of always being full (even though I'm eating even LESS all the time), I have noticed that I have not been experiencing any "nicotine fiends".
I thought about WHY that was...
and I realized that I really have not been smoking very much, definitely not very much at one time...
And when I started thinking about this, and thinking about smoking in general... well, let me say first that lately every time I have contemplated stopping smoking , I have felt a STRONG almost panic reaction that I did NOT want to stop. But when I thought about it again the other day, guess what? I still want to smoke more than I want to stop, but the idea of stopping was just like- yeah, okay, whatever... no panic whatsoever.
but OH HOLY CRAP!
i did not even THINK about it until just now... wow... the last time i smoked a cigarette was two days ago! Partly because thats when I ran out of cigarettes.. but yet, I have not gone and bought any more, have I? Wow.
Kind of weird, though... I can understand perfectly why the sub would influence me in terms of reducing my appetite and making me want to make healthier food choices, etc. But... cigarettes? Why would the sub be helping in that direction? What do you think, Shannon?

Wow, I also i just thought about what i have eaten today... I am in the process of cooking some ham for my dinner... other than the ham I am about to eat, you know what i have eaten today? One small coffee from Mcdonalds, a handful of peanuts, 3-4 pieces of cheese and some sausages. Thats it. And I'm not even that hungry now! LOL
Just this little bit of ham will more than fill me up. Pretty drastic change from only a little over a month ago. I have to say, I am loving this process!

Hey Sarah, I’m not sure how your doing with not smoking, but I thought of something interesting that I had forgotten about. I’m sure Shannon has something in this program to decrease sugar intake and I don’t know if you know this, but they add sugar to cigarettes for addictive purposes (I guess). So it would make sense that you would be smoking less. It’s fascinating to me that the subconscious would make that connection. I’m sure there’s other factors like it’s pushing you to do what’s good for you too, but I just thought that sugar thing was pretty cool.

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - ilana612 - 03-02-2012

Hey Sarah, I’m not sure how your doing with not smoking, but I thought of something interesting that I had forgotten about. I’m sure Shannon has something in this program to decrease sugar intake and I don’t know if you know this, but they add sugar to cigarettes for addictive purposes (I guess). So it would make sense that you would be smoking less. It’s fascinating to me that the subconscious would make that connection. I’m sure there’s other factors like it’s pushing you to do what’s good for you too, but I just thought that sugar thing was pretty cool.

[/quote]

Wow that IS pretty cool, I never knew that.... I haven't had a cigarette since I last posted (well, since two days before that) and I haven't even missed smoking! Although, to be fair, I have every now and then picked up my electronic cigarette and puffed a couple of times then put it away...

I have continued to be amazed at my food intake, like today for example- I had a small iced coffee, a few pieces of cheese with some veggie chips, one pudding snack and a large bowl of homemade vegetable soup. Oh, and two small (1 oz) little boxes of yogurt raisins. And I feel like I am eating all the time! Lol

Oh, and now that my scale is officially working again, I will be posting weekly results on how much weight I am losing. Woo-hooo!

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - ilana612 - 04-26-2012

So, I have been sort of absent from the forums for some time now... partly because I have not had a lot of results to report, partly because life got hectic. But I've had some interesting things happen in the past few weeks that I wanted to share.

I am on stage 3 (should have moved on by now to stage 4, but more on that in a second) and about midway through stage 3, I started to notice an increase in cravings of "bad" food- fast food, sweet things, etc... I did not always indulge in whatever it was I was craving (though a few times I did), but it was not what I wanted to be feeling.

Now, we move forward a few weeks to the present... I have been listening to stage 3 about 4 days longer than I should have- kind of because i forgot, kind of because I'm lazy, kind of because of technical difficulties... BUT. I have noticed some startling things in the last 3 days!

For about the last 3 days consistently, I have had very odd feelings towards food.

First of all, I thought it was really strange to begin with that literally in the last 3 days, every single day, my thoughts/feelings towards food have changed so VASTLY! The only thing i can think of that has changed in that time period is that its the amount of days I've listened to stage 3 beyond what I should.

Today, for example, i ate two sausage burritos from mcdonalds earlier for breakfast- not the best choice, but going by their nutritional info, not too bad at all...
and then about an hour ago (which was around 11pm), i realized that i literally had not eaten anything else all day (though i had been drinking water, had one pepsi next and some Perrier). Hadn't thought about food. Knew i SHOULD eat something, expecially after testing my blood sugar and finding it for the first time in a LLOOOOOOOONNG time not just normal but on the low end of normal....
So, i made a small amount of cheese and crackers, wasnt too excited about eating them but ate them anyway.
The weirdest thing of all... its not that I'm not hungry. I can actually feel a little hunger right now, I just dont CARE.
I may have another small something before bed, I may not... either way, it really deosnt bother me.
This is the strangest thing I have experienced since I started using Shannon's subs, at least from my perspective...
Why on earth is this happening from a prolonged used of stage 3?
Does that mean i shouldn't move on to 4 yet? Or does that mean its a sign I SHOULD move on immediately?

I am definitely a little confused by the last few days... but I have to say, its been pretty darn nice not thinking about food all of the time! And SUCH a foreign concept for someone like me, which is why I just can't get over it.

Any thoughts, Shannon? Or anyone else?

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - Tiesto - 04-27-2012

(04-26-2012, 09:23 PM)ilana612 Wrote: Does that mean i shouldn't move on to 4 yet? Or does that mean its a sign I SHOULD move on immediately?

Any thoughts, Shannon? Or anyone else?

Interesting response. From what I learned up to this point about Shannon and his subliminals he'll probably tell you to move on, he designed his subs with precision to achieve perfect balance between each stages, by prolonging one stage more than the other you will probably risking of upsetting the balance (even though the short-term result might seem positive), moving on, finishing it, then run it again for the second run through is the more ideal approach.

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - Shannon - 04-28-2012

You know that Tiesto is right. Use it according to the directions. Smile

Ohmygee, what's the point of suggesting those? She's reporting the end of desire to eat... and the point is to see how the subliminal works.

By the way, this subliminal program was actually designed and created specifically for her in the beginning... she is the primary reason it exists, and why I have kept plugging at it all these years. And having watched her over those years, I can put money on the table that those things you suggest, she has either already tried, or they would not work for her. Her challenge is very strongly a psychological one, a very complex web of intersupporting beliefs that resisted everything you can think of and then some.

That's why I spent so much time on this sub... I knew she would only ever be helped by something breaking the anchor points of that web of beliefs. Remember, this is six or maybe seven years of research and development now into this program, and she is the primary study participant. If I can get her to lose weight with this thing, I should be able to get almost anyone to.

RE: Sarah's Weight Loss Adventures - ilana612 - 04-30-2012

OK, now this is just getting to be almost too much to believe... only its actually happening! I know that this is how I'm going to be from now on, but it just so strange for me to truly not care about what I eat or when I eat it. Today was monumental- I ordered one slice of pizza for lunch and ate about half, then decided I didn't want the rest. That alone was amazing, but what happened NEXT was unbelievable- i threw it away! ME. I never ever ever waste food, and have used that old phrase about "gotta clean your plate" as an excuse to over-stuff myself on many occasions. I have NEVER taken food that I truly think is delicious when i still have room left and thrown it away! I still can't believe I did that, but at the time it was like no big deal... I was still feeling small amounts of hunger, but I was satisfied with what I'd eaten and just didn't want the rest. CRAZY!

I also want to report some serious changes on the scale itself... Last week I lost about 5-6 pounds. Yesterday I weighed myself and the scale said 333 pounds. TODAY I weighed myself and it kept going back and forth between 328 and 329... at least four pounds gone in one DAY! Is this actually happening? Is this OKAY? Obviously I wont keep losing at such a rate, but wow!

I am just almost without words here... and that, for me, is rare! I don't know that there are words descriptive enough to capture my excitement and joy to finally not just want or think but KNOW that I will succeed. I truly believe it, and I am so thankful that you created this program, Shannon.

Its funny, because I thought it was working pretty well at the beginning... but that was nothing! I do remember that I'd been having really strong cravings for "bad food" and was giving in to them a few times, and it was getting worse... and then BAM, all of the sudden I just stopped caring/thinking about food. Looking back on it, I bet that what happened was I was getting close to a breakthrough so that stubborn subconscious of mine started resisting harder and harder... until POW, down that wall smashed. What do you think, Shannon? Would you agree that that is likely what happened?

I just can't say enough how I excited (and confused, amazed, ecstatic!) I am that this is happening. This program is my hero! Actually, its creator is... I thank you for putting up with my crap for the many years it took you to make this, Shannon! I'm going to have to start saving up now for the ginormous seafood sushi smorgashboard feast I buy you as thanks! Heheheheh... seriously, though. THank you. I look forward to the rest of the journey...