Subliminal Talk
Mango's Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Mango's Journal (/Thread-Mango-s-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Mango's Journal - Sean - 09-21-2012

Shannon, that reminds me of this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/t3ORi.png

RE: Mango's Journal - Shannon - 09-21-2012

I don't know how much of it is feminists and how much of it is women who don't want to do what it takes to get what they want, but there is a lot of truth to that. A lot of bigger women want to stay where they are size wise, and try to guilt trip men into accepting it. It's not gonna happen: his genes are going to have their way.

Interesting side note. In the case of a body type, you can see directly the inner emotional state by looking at the body type. Bigger body types are almost invariably expressing a deep fear of something through their weight. The only time I have seen this not be true is when the person is in too much pain to, or physically incapable of, moving enough and is bored, so they eat.

RE: Mango's Journal - FunkeyMonkey - 09-21-2012

(09-21-2012, 10:59 AM)Sean Wrote: Shannon, that reminds me of this picture:

Dude that is hilarious.

RE: Mango's Journal - Sean - 09-21-2012

I've noticed a huge groundswell of Fat Acceptance Guilt being pushed in my direction (thanks AM) and I'm having none of it.

RE: Mango's Journal - MangoEruption - 09-21-2012

(09-21-2012, 02:15 PM)FunkeyMonkey Wrote:
(09-21-2012, 10:59 AM)Sean Wrote: Shannon, that reminds me of this picture:

Dude that is hilarious.

If only it was a joke, lol.

RE: Mango's Journal - Shannon - 09-21-2012

(09-21-2012, 02:19 PM)Sean Wrote: I've noticed a huge groundswell of Fat Acceptance Guilt being pushed in my direction (thanks AM) and I'm having none of it.

Sean, meet Matrix. Smile

RE: Mango's Journal - Benjamin - 09-21-2012

Quote:Shannon, that reminds me of this picture:

HAHAHA! So true.

I identify with what Shannon is saying about fear keeping the weight on, I am an example of that.

Quote:I've noticed a huge groundswell of Fat Acceptance Guilt being pushed in my direction (thanks AM) and I'm having none of it.

Yeah this fucking "i'm fat and proud of it" shit, funnily enough it only seems to be women.

Yes I am fat, but I am not proud of it and am not going to start some group to celebrate it. I mean feeling better about myself like this while also working on it is good and if last night is any proof I can definately get attraction from the types of girls I like. But I just don't get what these groups are about.

For some reason it reminds me of this.

-Ben

RE: Mango's Journal - Cortez - 09-22-2012

This whole "fat acceptance" thing is a disturbing phenomena. I accept people just fine no matter what they look like, but don't go around demanding that I be attracted to you. That defies logic to think that they can shame athletic guys in to being attracted to grossly overweight women. I don't understand why they just don't try to go for the seriously overweight guys.

RE: Mango's Journal - Shannon - 09-22-2012

The issue is all about defying logic, because it's based in emotion (fear) causing the overweight and that same irrational thinking then basically demanding that because the person does not want to face their fears, that they stay how they are and the world should change. The reasonable, logical, rational thing to do would be to recognize that there is a problem, identify that problem, and then fix it. But you won't find "fat acceptance" types going that route, because its scary, and uncomfortable, and they don't want to deal with it.

This, by the way, is exactly why I do not have a subliminal for "Love Yourself As You Are". It's just an excuse for people like this to stay where they are, and I will not have a hand in enabling that.

RE: Mango's Journal - Cortez - 09-22-2012

Good call on that one. A sub like that would definitely enable people. Another problem is that most of them do have guys still chasing after them, so there is very little motivation to change.

On the plus side, though. I have seen some girls that by no means would be considered attractive and then they lose like 100 pounds or so and are amazingly hot afterwards, so the genetic potential is there.

RE: Mango's Journal - Sean - 09-22-2012

(09-22-2012, 01:04 PM)Shannon Wrote: The issue is all about defying logic, because it's based in emotion (fear) causing the overweight and that same irrational thinking then basically demanding that because the person does not want to face their fears, that they stay how they are and the world should change. The reasonable, logical, rational thing to do would be to recognize that there is a problem, identify that problem, and then fix it. But you won't find "fat acceptance" types going that route, because its scary, and uncomfortable, and they don't want to deal with it.

This, by the way, is exactly why I do not have a subliminal for "Love Yourself As You Are". It's just an excuse for people like this to stay where they are, and I will not have a hand in enabling that.

For the first paragraph, please see "solipsism". The whole notion that the rest of the world should change to accommodate their refusal to grow past their fears is the embodiment of extreme egocentrism.

For the second, please allow me to be the first of the crowd to stand and begin applauding. Acceptance does not lead to a better life.

(09-22-2012, 04:01 PM)Cortez Wrote: On the plus side, though. I have seen some girls that by no means would be considered attractive and then they lose like 100 pounds or so and are amazingly hot afterwards, so the genetic potential is there.

Right, but after someone loses 100 pounds, the skinflaps are nasty. There's some plastic surgery involved with a restoration to hot without clothes.

RE: Mango's Journal - Shannon - 09-22-2012

Acceptance can make life better, but it must be applied properly. Accepting "what is" frees one to stop resisting it, which makes life much easier. But trying to re-program oneself with the belief that sickness is health, or that unbalance is balance, or that being overweight is normal, etc. is not helpful.

Loss of any amount of weight does not mean skin flaps unless the person loses the weight too quickly for their body to re-absorb the skin, or they believe deep in their subconscious that they must have skin flaps when they lose weight.

RE: Mango's Journal - Sean - 09-23-2012

(09-22-2012, 09:34 PM)Shannon Wrote: Acceptance can make life better, but it must be applied properly. Accepting "what is" frees one to stop resisting it, which makes life much easier. But trying to re-program oneself with the belief that sickness is health, or that unbalance is balance, or that being overweight is normal, etc. is not helpful.

Loss of any amount of weight does not mean skin flaps unless the person loses the weight too quickly for their body to re-absorb the skin, or they believe deep in their subconscious that they must have skin flaps when they lose weight.

The scope of my comment was intended to include only fat acceptance, and could be reasonably expanded to acceptance of anything unhealthy. I should have stated that since I was responding to your more-general statement about loving the self as-is.

As far as skin flaps, my experience with hugely overweight women has only been with them losing weight via surgical intervention (gastric bypass, etc). Glad to hear that not all of them have to develop flaps.

RE: Mango's Journal - Shannon - 09-23-2012

Surgery to lose weight is invariably a way-too-rapid form of temporary stop-gap measure that only works for a time, and does nothing to fix the cause of the issue. It's pandering to those who want it, but don't want to fix what's wrong. When you go the safe, reasonable route (which is basically going back the way you came in), you'll be losing weight at 2-3 pounds a week max, and the body has time to adjust the skin to match the new weight.

When you do something like gastric bypass surgery, the weight loss is much more rapid for a time, and the body can't keep up. By the time it could have, the skin flaps may have been accepted as "the new me", and would therefore remain in place as a representation of the new self image, if they did remain in place.