Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Another MLS Journal :p
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I started listening 6 days ago. I wasn't going to post anything but I've some strange and some cool results.

First off I forgot how powerful 5g is so 12 hours is way to much for me at the moment. Hopefully I can get used to it so I can listen to it more.

I still procrastinate but not as much. I have a very strong urge to get things done. It scared me at firstTongue but I'm starting to get used to it.

I back to drawing with a vengeance now. Woke up earlier than usual and just started practicing before I went to work.

Unfortunately, I learned very quickly that the digital tablet that I'm using to draw on is too small and very awkward to draw on. I found out in a few minutes rather than a couple of years. I was going to force myself to just learn how to use it but something makes me cringe about using it. It's like I only want to learn using the best tools. Confused Usually I wouldn't mind, but the tablet I know deep down in my gut is for me is incredibly expensive. To make matters worse my mind has been focused on how to get on fast. For now using pencil and paper.

Well, while I'm typing this I think I may have a way to get one in less than year. It won't be easy but I think I can make it work.

I'm usually pretty frantic and anxious when it comes to something I want to learn because I don't have patience. I'd want to learn it as quick as possible and then start make unreasonable demands on myself. Now I'm more relaxed when it comes to learning. I know it will take time.

Now for the increased learning speed I don't feel much. I see a little bit of improvement but not much.Sad

Also I learned that I need to do more things to show I love and care about myself. Don't no what that has to do with MLS.............whateverDodgy

Thar's all for now and may post if anything else happens.
(12-17-2015, 04:55 PM)Why So Serious? Wrote: [ -> ]I started listening 6 days ago. I wasn't going to post anything but I've some strange and some cool results.

First off I forgot how powerful 5g is so 12 hours is way to much for me at the moment. Hopefully I can get used to it so I can listen to it more.

I still procrastinate but not as much. I have a very strong urge to get things done. It scared me at firstTongue but I'm starting to get used to it.

I back to drawing with a vengeance now. Woke up earlier than usual and just started practicing before I went to work.

Unfortunately, I learned very quickly that the digital tablet that I'm using to draw on is too small and very awkward to draw on. I found out in a few minutes rather than a couple of years. I was going to force myself to just learn how to use it but something makes me cringe about using it. It's like I only want to learn using the best tools. Confused Usually I wouldn't mind, but the tablet I know deep down in my gut is for me is incredibly expensive. To make matters worse my mind has been focused on how to get on fast. For now using pencil and paper.

Well, while I'm typing this I think I may have a way to get one in less than year. It won't be easy but I think I can make it work.

I'm usually pretty frantic and anxious when it comes to something I want to learn because I don't have patience. I'd want to learn it as quick as possible and then start make unreasonable demands on myself. Now I'm more relaxed when it comes to learning. I know it will take time.

Now for the increased learning speed I don't feel much. I see a little bit of improvement but not much.Sad

Also I learned that I need to do more things to show I love and care about myself. Don't no what that has to do with MLS.............whateverDodgy

Thanks for this bro, can you explain and share how you listen, to what tracks and on what devices etc please
(12-18-2015, 05:26 AM)Jake2015 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2015, 04:55 PM)Why So Serious? Wrote: [ -> ]I started listening 6 days ago. I wasn't going to post anything but I've some strange and some cool results.

Thanks for this bro, can you explain and share how you listen, to what tracks and on what devices etc please

Unless the op desires a life completely outside of what I can comprehend, according to their signature your bro is actually your sis. Tongue
lol my bad if that is the case but bro or sis, whoever you are how are you listening is the question Smile
Don't feel bad about it. I get mistaken for being a guy a lot online. Smile

Ummm........ not sure how my listen habits would help you out. I always thought that as long as you get at least 8 hours you should be fine.

However, I listen 8-10 hours of ultrasonic on speakers at night and maybe 20 minutes to an hour with headphones with trickling stream while drawing. Headphone brand is unknown. All that matters is they get the job done. The speakers are some cheap Cyber Acoustics that are hooked up to a ipod touch 4th gen.
The past few days I really had to push myself to draw. Any other time if I didn't feel like drawing I just wouldn't do it so that right there is a big accomplishment for me.

Of course this freaks me out because I thought you always had to be in good mood to draw, and trust me I was grumpy. At least that's the advice you get from other artist. I don't think can go by the usual advise of wait until the mood hits you to draw. It just doesn't make sense.Huh
I'm just confused how this art thing works. Still new to this.Confused

I am picking up drawing concepts a little quicker but not seeing any improvements with my drawings. I think it may be to soon to see progress there.

I am challenging myself to get through a drawing book that used to be difficult to work through. I would make all kinds of excuses not to use it. I'm still at the beginning but I am impressed with how far I am in the past two days. It would have taken me 5 days to get this far any other time. Then I would have quit.

I'm still procrastinating somewhat. I was just thinking about how I didn't do much but I did make up a bed at another persons house threw out some of their old food, came home picked up a little bit in my room(enough to vacuum). Usually none of that gets done so I'm getting a little better there.

For some odd reason I been standing my ground the late couple of days. Once again have no clue what that has to do with MLS.Huh

I'm out.
(12-20-2015, 06:54 PM)Why So Serious? Wrote: [ -> ]The past few days I really had to push myself to draw. Any other time if I didn't feel like drawing I just wouldn't do it so that right there is a big accomplishment for me.

Of course this freaks me out because I thought you always had to be in good mood to draw, and trust me I was grumpy. At least that's the advice you get from other artist. I don't think can go by the usual advise of wait until the mood hits you to draw. It just doesn't make sense.Huh
I'm just confused how this art thing works. Still new to this.Confused

I am picking up drawing concepts a little quicker but not seeing any improvements with my drawings. I think it may be to soon to see progress there.

I am challenging myself to get through a drawing book that used to be difficult to work through. I would make all kinds of excuses not to use it. I'm still at the beginning but I am impressed with how far I am in the past two days. It would have taken me 5 days to get this far any other time. Then I would have quit.

I'm still procrastinating somewhat. I was just thinking about how I didn't do much but I did make up a bed at another persons house threw out some of their old food, came home picked up a little bit in my room(enough to vacuum). Usually none of that gets done so I'm getting a little better there.

For some odd reason I been standing my ground the late couple of days. Once again have no clue what that has to do with MLS.Huh

I'm out.

Friendly invite for you since I am a few days ahead of you with the MLS 5g; I think it would be good for you to see what you can expect reading my journal which MIGHT be in store for you, if it is a good outcome....lol I'll definitely continue reading your post and see how you are doing with MLS Wink
Art and art style seems to most commonly be associated with muscle memory, so whatever you're feeling at the time of practice (especially if you use repetition as your main method of practice) may also be included in the memory the given muscles associate with the act of drawing. It's probably why people say to be in a good mood, so that when you draw the returned feeling the muscle memory associates with is a good one (i.e. if you feel good while you practice drawing, drawing later leads to you feeling good). Anchor points and such.
@hiddenalias

I'm already watching you journal. Thanks

@apollolux
Hmm...probably won't learn as fast as would like to. I still can't imagine being in a good mood all the time drawing. I know I like to draw but I don't like practicing all the time. Plus it can get downright frustrating at times. I don't know but I'll keep doing it anyway good mood or not. If my hand allows it.

Anyway haven't been drawing the past couple of days. My wrist and fingers have been bothering since Friday. It's gets challenging to grip the pencil.Sad I tried yesterday on my tablet but couldn't finish the sketch. Even typing is becoming a challenge.

Very annoyed right now. Even the T.V. taunting me with someone painting. Really want to back to drawing because I want this to be my career. however,if my wrist doesn't get get better then I''ll need to consider something else.Confused

Merry Christmas everybody
This part has nothing to do with learning but it was definitely strange. If your not interested skip to the last two paragraphs.

I talked to someone I hadn't talked to in a couple years.Big Grin Usually I would think about how that person would hate me for not calling them and had so much fear but did it anyway.I felt really good and it felt like I accomplished a lot. This fear has been with me for many years, so I feel about getting some of the fear out of the way.

For the past few day I feel like I should be more loving and caring, but I couldn't figure out to do it. Then all of a sudden last night I felt like some weight was finally lifted off me. I could feel my emotions freely and wasn't as depressed. Like I could feel the love internally instead of looking for it externally.

I grieved about someone who is no longer here with me and really felt the emotion. No holding back which is unusual for me. I also felt a deep love for my family. It aslo felt like life isn't so bad and I can get through it. I didn't want to go to sleep because I thought it wouldn't last. Surprisingly some of that feeling went away but all of it like I thought would happen.

This is different from what I'm used to feeling, so I still don't know how to deal with it. I really didn't know how much of myself I was holding back until now. I'll figure it out though. Hopefully I won't hold back to much like I used to.

I decided to try drawing again today and for some odd reason the drawings do look better. I hadn't practiced in a few days so I thought they would look worse than usual.

I've been lazy lately but picking up some speed again. I think I might have found a way a couple ways to make some money online! I just need to pick which one I'm going to try. Dodgy
Soooo I think I'm on day 32 or 33 now.

Anyhoo I looked at my at drawings from day and compared them to day 31 and don't notice much improvement. Don't know how I was thinking I was improving in the early days. Maybe I just wanted the sub to work that bad.

Lately emotions have been all over the place and I don't feel like the sub is working. Resistance I guess. Don't feel like learning much either.
I am on day 31 today so one day behind you; some days I felt the sub working and some days nothing; it boils down to how often do you listen to the sub with head phones and how often through speakers.....I came to realize that I got speakers that handle 20 khz but they arent stereo; they are just speakers you connect to a cell phone or computer/laptop.

My other theory is that you should be listening to it for 12 hours every day and definitely headphone listening every day too even for just an hour.....

I'd also suggest you check out isochronic tones on youtube or binaurall beats and use them as an addition to listening to the sub.
Then notice the difference. I am not understanding anything personally by just watching a video and expect to 'know' everything by watching it one time; nope; so instead I am outlining what I watch and studying the techniques with practice with learning by internalizing the skill or knowledge through writing and studying with visual imagery.

Experiment with these and then see where you are at.
@ Hiddenallis
Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like it isn't working.

Also I was listening to the sub with headphones everyday and more than 8 hours at one point. I got lazy and started doing 8-9 1/2 hours.Blush I think I'll just stick to the sub and not use anything else. The sub is demanding enough on it's own.

Okay went through some resistance earlier this week and came out of it feeling stronger than ever. I'm surprised the resistance went away that quickly it usually takes a week or six with AF. That's the power of 5g for ya.

The sub is working in really small ways right now. I learn a few more calculations at work, a couple of more street names, and I seem to think about what I can do to improve at art. I'll go over it in my head quite a bit until it sticks.:idea:
Learning how to stick to a strick budget. Gotta get a car and save up for a cintiq and traditional art supplies.

I'm more of a Kinesthetic learner so I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate that in art.

I actually have some goals that I would like to outline if nobody minds.What am I saying of course ya'll don't mind and if you do I don't care.Tongue

In a couple of months (MARCH)I'll have a car.
Learn Accounting for the next 6 months.
Keep drawing of course.
Have a cintiq by September.
Move to Fort Worth to study art at an atelier.

That's it nothing else to say.
Are you in near Fort Worth, I am in Arlington lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5