Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Increasing your metabolism sub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just to introduce myself, I am 29 years old, never tried a sub before and so am looking forward to see what results I might get. My plan is to burn a CD later today for the Metabolism Booster/Fat Burner program, and start looping it tonight. The main reason I want to try this program is to see if it helps increase my energy. I tend to be low energy, always having to drink several cups of coffee each day just to function. Don't really like doing that.

I'm not by any means a large person, but I have definitely noticed my metabolism has slowed down over the last few years. I used to be a size 2 (which, looking back was probably too small), now I'm a 6, which is cool, but I still want to slim down. Mainly, I want a flatter tummy and slim the legs down a little more. Part of my problem is that I don't get enough exercise. I have a pretty sedentary job, and because I am lower energy, exercise doesn't happen as much as it should. I want this to change.

So, I'll post again! Current weight is 137. Would love to get down to 125-120. I'm also using a bike trainer in addition to listening to the sub, so it may be difficult to determine which one is having the greater effect, but my guess is that I will lose weight quicker using both than just one or the other. At the end of the week, I'll weigh myself again.

For any other female readers who are using subs, would love to read about your experiences as well- there aren't enough women on here posting.

Also, should mention that I'm a friend of Andrew's, and you'll probably see me active in other capacities around the site in the near future. Will post again tomorrow after my first night.

Hey Jackie and congrats on your purchase. Good luck. How long do you plan on using this sub?
(09-13-2010, 07:10 PM)K-Train Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jackie and congrats on your purchase. Good luck. How long do you plan on using this sub?

Hey, thanks and good question! lol- It looks like it's supposed to take 2-4 weeks to notice a difference, and then anywhere up to 4 months total to reach the desired outcome. So, since it's virtually no work on my part other than to turn on the cd player each night, might as well give it 4 months and see what happens. I will stop early if I lose more than I want.

I'll keep you posted! Thanks for your interest.
Hi, welcome to the forum. Since I've started with the subliminals I've been wondering if they can cause actual physical changes, and I think your experiences can be a great example of that. Will keep an eye on this journal and good luck on your endeavours. Smile

And for how long have you been exercising with the bike trainer, and did you lose any weight in result of that?
(09-14-2010, 01:35 AM)Jay Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, welcome to the forum. Since I've started with the subliminals I've been wondering if they can cause actual physical changes, and I think your experiences can be a great example of that. Will keep an eye on this journal and good luck on your endeavours. Smile

And for how long have you been exercising with the bike trainer, and did you lose any weight in result of that?

Hi Jay. Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing if I shed a little weight here- don't want to lose too much because I'm a smaller person to begin with, but could work more to be at an optimum weight for my body structure. The instructions say to give it 2-4 weeks to notice a difference, so I think with these kinds of programs it takes a bit longer because the brain has to first start adhering to the sub's message, then the body next has to respond to those messages.

Last night, unfortuntely, I forgot my remote for my CD player so I couldn't set it on loop (doesn't let you do it manually). So, I have the remote now, and I'll have my first night of sub tonight. I'm actually listening to the ocean masked version at work now. So far, it is making me kinda dizzy, so it must be working! lol.

Oh, and I have only used the bike trainer once, so I will start using it again here along with the sub, and I will be sure to record my time using it. The plan was to use it every day when I watch my tv show, that way it forces me to have at least 45 minutes of cardio while I would otherwise sit on my @$$! Smile

I have only been listening the the ocean masked sub at work here for 35 minutes, and I am pretty dizzy. Not sure what would cause that, but something is paying attention!

Will write more tomorrow!
First night of subs.

Night: 9 hrs of silent

Nothing too eventful to report, however I did wake up feeling less groggy than normal. Not sure whether to attribute that to the sub or not.

Had a problem setting up the bike trainer yesterday- I can't reattach the rear bike brakes with the wheel I put on (the noodle's too tight), so no trainer for the time being until I can fix the brakes.

You know Super B-Complex vitamins also help increase metabolism? Smile
Jackie, along with the subs you should start taking a multi vitamin. And I just started taking Fish oil pills and they help quite nicely for energy and lots of other things. Smile (if you do this get the purest type. Nordic is the purest)

It just really comes as a surprise to me that you feel like you need to drink that much coffee and you are low on energy. You are still young!

BTW I'm 22 years old and My metabolism has def. slowed down and I'm not a college student anymore. Therefore, I've started watching what I eat. I'm starting a low carb diet and trying to do my best to keep the cholesterol heavy items to a minimum. I also have a ritual I do after work everyday where I do what excercises I can and stretch. I plan to start running soon as well.
(09-15-2010, 03:09 PM)Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]You know Super B-Complex vitamins also help increase metabolism? Smile

Thanks, I do actually take a liquid form of that. I think it does help some.
(09-15-2010, 04:22 PM)spiralout1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Jackie, along with the subs you should start taking a multi vitamin. And I just started taking Fish oil pills and they help quite nicely for energy and lots of other things. Smile (if you do this get the purest type. Nordic is the purest)

It just really comes as a surprise to me that you feel like you need to drink that much coffee and you are low on energy. You are still young!

BTW I'm 22 years old and My metabolism has def. slowed down and I'm not a college student anymore. Therefore, I've started watching what I eat. I'm starting a low carb diet and trying to do my best to keep the cholesterol heavy items to a minimum. I also have a ritual I do after work everyday where I do what excercises I can and stretch. I plan to start running soon as well.

I do take a multi vit that mixes in with water or juice, but fish oil is a good suggestion too- I have some of that lying around somewhere. Part of the reason I'm tired is that I'm an insomniac- have tried numerous things over the years. But I will try the fish pills! Thanks!
Could you define 'insomniac' a little more? I'm curious because I haven't been able to sleep that well for a long time. Most of it has been due to worrying and being depressed, but since I'm working through that I still find myself having trouble getting asleep (I used to skip nights because I couldn't get asleep, I'm glad that part's at least sorted), or that I find myself waking up at 2-3 am, or sleeping for like 12-14 hours... Dodgy

Sleeping. It's such fun. Tongue
Ok, rather than keeping a daily journal, just going to post my results probably weekly, so there's more to report. Did 6 hours of silent sub last night.

@ Jay, I have the same problem. I seem to always get a second wind whenever it's time to go to sleep. I also am an analytical thinker, so sometimes it's hard to turn that off when going to bed. And definitely, depression can play a big part in how you sleep. My mind starts to think about everything I did that day, or everything that I need to do. However, have you ever taken Melatonin or tried relaxation techniques? I have tried many things over the years, but this stuff is great! I actually sleep, but it leaves me still feeling tired in the morning and a bit hung over feeling. However, lately I've been playing with different dosages (get it in liquid form), so I think I need to just find the right dose. You might want to try this.

Also, since the sub, I have been waking up feeling less groggy than normal, even with the Melatonin. It is gradual, but I notice it.
I've tried relaxation techniques in the form of small meditation exercises (lying still, sensing your body and becoming quiet inside), relaxation music, hypnosis tapes. And as I was doing that I was starting to think "is this working for me?", and started analyzing from there Big Grin

I've tried clearing my bed room from anything that's not sleep related, tried to have some background feedback (in the form of audio of shows that I liked) to have a different narrative than my own going on, this last one kind of helped until I got sick of playing the same shows over and over again, after that I switched to audiobooks which I still use as a sleeping aid from time to time. Reading in bed also helped somewhat, but I don't have the tendency to read every night.

A temporary solution was eating raddish, I read somewhere that it was good for keeping your kidneys healthy, and that in effect improved the quality of your sleep. Along with diminishing having bags under the eyes. I hadn't eaten it for years, and for two glorious weeks I slept like clockwork. In the end I started gaming in the late hours and I was back at square one, and it didn't matter anymore how much raddish I still ate after that. It lost it's pizzaz, apparently.

Same thing happened when I tried the Absolute Self Confidence subliminal, after using it for three weeks, I slept like clockwork again. Then I started using Alpha Male, and yet again ended back to square one. Dodgy

I have taken Melatonin from time to time in capsule form, but I didn't noticed that much of a difference, I am noticing that I'm feeling more drowsy, and a little bit more susceptible as to fall asleep. But I had my nights where I took it, and I still couldn't sleep. Also whenever I took it, I felt kind of out of myself the day after, not that centered throughout the day.

I'm glad that you at least have found something that is working for you, gives me hope Smile
(09-17-2010, 03:23 PM)Jay Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried relaxation techniques in the form of small meditation exercises (lying still, sensing your body and becoming quiet inside), relaxation music, hypnosis tapes. And as I was doing that I was starting to think "is this working for me?", and started analyzing from there Big Grin

I've tried clearing my bed room from anything that's not sleep related, tried to have some background feedback (in the form of audio of shows that I liked) to have a different narrative than my own going on, this last one kind of helped until I got sick of playing the same shows over and over again, after that I switched to audiobooks which I still use as a sleeping aid from time to time. Reading in bed also helped somewhat, but I don't have the tendency to read every night.

A temporary solution was eating raddish, I read somewhere that it was good for keeping your kidneys healthy, and that in effect improved the quality of your sleep. Along with diminishing having bags under the eyes. I hadn't eaten it for years, and for two glorious weeks I slept like clockwork. In the end I started gaming in the late hours and I was back at square one, and it didn't matter anymore how much raddish I still ate after that. It lost it's pizzaz, apparently.

Same thing happened when I tried the Absolute Self Confidence subliminal, after using it for three weeks, I slept like clockwork again. Then I started using Alpha Male, and yet again ended back to square one. Dodgy

I have taken Melatonin from time to time in capsule form, but I didn't noticed that much of a difference, I am noticing that I'm feeling more drowsy, and a little bit more susceptible as to fall asleep. But I had my nights where I took it, and I still couldn't sleep. Also whenever I took it, I felt kind of out of myself the day after, not that centered throughout the day.

I'm glad that you at least have found something that is working for you, gives me hope Smile

Jay, if you are anything like me, I tend to have some bad night time habits that probably contribute to not sleeping well too. I have read that being on the internet at night keeps your mind too active, as well as the light from the screen can send "wake up" messages to your brain. Also, if you're gaming at night, same thing. That kind of stimulation definitely affects me, but yet I also find that it helps me wind down and it's a hard routine to break.

I honestly slept better when I would take a bath every night. It forces you to sit there and just relax. I'm going to go back to that. A book is ok. Also, instead of an audio tape, try playing classical or something soothing in the background.
Just to update, I have been listening to the metabolism sub/energy booster each night four about 8-9 hours.

I am noticing 2 things that are becoming more frequent since using this particular sub. I am gradually having more energy through out the day than I ever normally do, and as a result am wanting to exercise more. I went back to read the script, and it does say to be active more and more, and have physical activity everyday. This definitely seems to be more of the case. I am finding myself much more motivated to work out and more excited to do so- today went on a 3 mile power walk. This is quite the shift in my energy level.

So, whether the sub itself causes weight loss directly, or if it merely helps motivate me and give me more energy to work out, either one is fine with me.

Another thing, I can never usually get by with out coffee, well, I believe I can actually get through a day with out it...if I choose to. But, I still like to drink coffee because I really just like the flavor, but "wanting" is different than feeling like I "need" it. I don't feel as dependent on coffee as of late either.

Am excited to see more of how this plays out in the weeks to come!
Pages: 1 2 3