Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Best media player to play ultrasonic on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had recently come up with this doubt.

I have two media applications on my computer and I ran few tests with ultrasonic tracks.

By using the same speakers (100hz - 20Khz frequency response), I noticed differences in the sounds.

I'm using:

VLC Media Player
KMPlayer

With VLC everything seems to be fine, I can hear ultrasonic sounds (I have a good hearing) but no sign of static or something like that. I don't use any equalization, everything is plain.

With KMPlayer seems I listen more sounds of the track, at high volumes (not maximum) starts to crack as opposite of VLC.

The question is: I have doubts of what should be the right outcome in terms of sound. Shannon, can you point out some media players that you know work well?

So we don't have worry about using the ultrasonic subliminals and we can know that our results obtained with subliminals are clear of any improper usage.

Thank you.
i believe shannon mentioned a program called audacity that worked good with ultra sonic sounds, and its free to download.
(09-05-2012, 12:15 PM)biakoia Wrote: [ -> ]i believe shannon mentioned a program called audacity that worked good with ultra sonic sounds, and its free to download.

the problem with that program is that I cannot create a tracklist if I would use two different subs
I found that with VLC Player there was brief static at the start and if I turned up the speaker real loudly I could hear what could've been voices. I'm using GOM Player now which is silent.
(09-05-2012, 01:50 PM)Joe Wrote: [ -> ]I found that with VLC Player there was brief static at the start and if I turned up the speaker real loudly I could hear what could've been voices. I'm using GOM Player now which is silent.

Do you feel you're having results with subs since using GOM?
I've been using VLC player on Linux and Windows, and it's been very good. No leading or trailing static.

One item that is key is to try to keep your volume sliders near the middle, or balance them out in turning up/down the volume. I don't fully understand the science behind it, but having your main volume turned way up and your application turned way down (or vice versa) is not good for sound/music in general, and I can't imagine it helps the subs any.
I have 4 (!!!) outputs to tune.

1- VLC volume? (standard 100%, ok?)
2- Speakers
3- Laptop output
4- Audio card mixer

so basically I have to keep middle volume for every single thing, right?
no lol, i guess u can do that but u can also just put the vlc volume on half, or something that i found usefull is lower the waves from the general volume on ur pc, not the master volume i have found that worked best at least for me.

EDIT: and also u mentioned it works fine for u on vlc, u dont need the speakers to be outragesly high, as long as u can hear the lower end of the masked ocean surf ur good to go with the ultrasonics, i thought there was a problem with my speakers because i can actually here the ultrasonics and changed them but turns out they were fine but because im still young i can hear the sounds so as long as u dont have that staticky sound when u got the volume on maximum ur good to go.
Yes, VLC at 100% is fine (VLC's volume ranges from 0 to 200%, so 100% is the middle)

Try to keep them somewhat even, so that one item isn't doing all the amplification.
(09-05-2012, 01:56 PM)tristan Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2012, 01:50 PM)Joe Wrote: [ -> ]I found that with VLC Player there was brief static at the start and if I turned up the speaker real loudly I could hear what could've been voices. I'm using GOM Player now which is silent.

Do you feel you're having results with subs since using GOM?

It's difficult for me to tell since I haven't been social much at all lately. Been listening to ASC 5G for 20 days. Before that I was listening to ASC 4G. So maybe a bit more than 30 days in total. Maybe I'm a little more comfortable when I'm out of the house? It's not something I could definitely chalk up to the sub stimuli. I've just switched to Audacity for daytime listening.
For those who can actually hear them, what do you hear?
I am aware that the speakers are playing something, but not details.
It's not hard to create the equivanent of a playlist with Audacity if you import each program as a separate track and then use the mover tool to set track 2 to start at the end of track 1 and so forth. Then just shift+left mouse, and it loops for 8 hours. Then you have to re-set it.

VLC would be my player of choice otherwise... leading or trailing static is a sign that some setting somewhere is off, if you don't get it in all players. Probably volume.

I can't speak specifically for Windows or Mac since I use Linux almost exclusively.
(09-07-2012, 01:05 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]It's not hard to create the equivanent of a playlist with Audacity if you import each program as a separate track and then use the mover tool to set track 2 to start at the end of track 1 and so forth. Then just shift+left mouse, and it loops for 8 hours. Then you have to re-set it.

VLC would be my player of choice otherwise... leading or trailing static is a sign that some setting somewhere is off, if you don't get it in all players. Probably volume.

I can't speak specifically for Windows or Mac since I use Linux almost exclusively.

this way the result would be:

sub 1
sub 2
sub 1
sub 2..

am I getting it right? i thought it was:

sub 1
sub 1
sub 2
sub 2
(09-07-2012, 01:21 AM)tristan Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2012, 01:05 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]It's not hard to create the equivanent of a playlist with Audacity if you import each program as a separate track and then use the mover tool to set track 2 to start at the end of track 1 and so forth. Then just shift+left mouse, and it loops for 8 hours. Then you have to re-set it.

this way the result would be:

sub 1
sub 2
sub 1
sub 2..

am I getting it right? i thought it was:

sub 1
sub 1
sub 2
sub 2

You are correct. I didn't say Audacity was the best option for multi-track play in this case... just that it's not hard to do.
Pages: 1 2