Poll: Do you want a psychic/spiritual sub?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
The New Religion Thread
01-13-2018, 07:17 AM
RE: The New Religion Thread
(01-12-2018 10:42 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:  Anyone know a good English translation of the Koran/Qur'an?

Quran.com You can pick different translators but to to truly understand the book you need to know Arabic, also pay attention to the context, in order to gain a proper understanding of many verses in the Quran, it is important to understand and know the historic context of the revelations.

Meh https://youtu.be/Q5pggDCnt5M
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes dweller94's post:
SargeMaximus
01-13-2018, 08:34 AM
(01-13-2018 07:17 AM)dweller94 Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 10:42 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:  Anyone know a good English translation of the Koran/Qur'an?

Quran.com You can pick different translators but to to truly understand the book you need to know Arabic, also pay attention to the context, in order to gain a proper understanding of many verses in the Quran, it is important to understand and know the historic context of the revelations.

Thanks man.

I was hoping for a hardcover version as I try to avoid reading from computer screens as much as possible.

I don't know Arabic nor do I know the historic context but why does that matter? Isn't that what a translator does?

"We are incapable of designing and building a mosquito, let alone all the species and most of the other things in the universe. So I start from the premise that nature is smarter than I am and try to let nature teach me how reality works." - Ray Dalio
01-13-2018, 11:06 AM
(01-13-2018 08:34 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:  

Thanks man.

I was hoping for a hardcover version as I try to avoid reading from computer screens as much as possible.

I don't know Arabic nor do I know the historic context but why does that matter? Isn't that what a translator does?

I’ll pm you.

Meh https://youtu.be/Q5pggDCnt5M
01-13-2018, 09:48 PM
(01-13-2018 11:06 AM)dweller94 Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 08:34 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:  

Thanks man.

I’ll pm you.

Still waiting for that pm.

Anyone else here know a good Koran/Qur'an English translation that can be bought in hardcover?

"We are incapable of designing and building a mosquito, let alone all the species and most of the other things in the universe. So I start from the premise that nature is smarter than I am and try to let nature teach me how reality works." - Ray Dalio
01-14-2018, 12:38 PM
Funny you mention it sarge ever since my ilness/demonic opression I've been into God as well. Used to be an atheist but if there's demons there has to be a God right?

Rising Son is talking about the Annunaki. Even if they created us I still think there is an ultimate creator.

AM6>WM2>AM6>SM3(S4)>AM6(current)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Frosted's post:
SargeMaximus
01-14-2018, 08:34 PM
(01-14-2018 12:38 PM)Frosted Wrote:  Funny you mention it sarge ever since my ilness/demonic opression I've been into God as well. Used to be an atheist but if there's demons there has to be a God right?

Rising Son is talking about the Annunaki. Even if they created us I still think there is an ultimate creator.

Cool man.

I don't believe in the Christian god. I believe in the hindu Brahmin. The idea being that God (the only conscious being) is currently sleeping and is dreaming as each of us. You are god as much as I am because when we "die" we will awake as Brahmin.

That's the short version.

However, I'm trying to get perspective on it all and I like to see things from many different angles.

I finished reading "The Upanishads" yesterday and it was fairly familiar to me since I already see things that way.

But I want to read all the major religious texts. Next is Muslim (Qur'an) then Buddhism and Tao.

I'm hoping after reading it all I will come to a much deeper understanding.

But yeah the Christian stuff is interesting. I think I'm trying to capture something that perhaps Christian symbols convey best.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tarot thread Alpha360 91 2,582 01-11-2018 03:55 PM
Last Post: Alpha360
  The Astrology Thread hiddenalias 616 9,200 12-01-2017 03:25 AM
Last Post: Alpha360
  Movies Thread Benjamin 20 2,001 11-18-2017 06:48 PM
Last Post: kalmah0804
  PSTEC Notes and discussion thread. Artemis 16 5,681 11-05-2017 07:23 PM
Last Post: Benjamin