Subliminal Talk
Zero Procrastination[UMOP V2] - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Zero Procrastination[UMOP V2] (/Thread-Zero-Procrastination-UMOP-V2)

Zero Procrastination[UMOP V2] - Zeroxmachina - 11-28-2018

Started 11/11/18, and have completed 3 full cycles of 4-day on, 1 day off. Now on the 4th.

Major things that have happened:
I am motivated...to PROCRASTINATE! I have managed to almost completely eliminate any sort of productivity, was gaming more or less 85% of the day online, or watching youtube videos about gaming, bought the XBOX one on black friday; and have edged that % up to 90% gaming thanks to fallout 4, to the extreme of a 24+ hour period of gaming followed by a few hours of sleep and then additional binging. My anxiety about procrastinating seems to have subsided, as I feel like i'm still technically 'getting things done', just not in meatspace. Far as actual productivity, I did at least work on some music (production) occasionally and recorded a new song on thanksgiving, so there's that. I know intellectually that there are things I could/should be doing to try and become more balanced, but it's not feeling like that's 'my idea' yet, so time will hopefully help the sub become more integrated. Will update after more time has passed.

RE: Zero Procrastination[UMOP V2] - Zane - 11-28-2018

Does UMOP2 has Side A or Side B? Like USLM3 has?

RE: Zero Procrastination[UMOP V2] - Zeroxmachina - 11-29-2018

(11-28-2018, 12:24 PM)Zane Wrote:
Does UMOP2 has Side A or Side B? Like USLM3 has?

As far as I know, there is only one, with the latest fear removal module.

RE: Zero Procrastination[UMOP V2] - Zeroxmachina - 12-11-2018

It has been a month of cycles at this point, Things I have accomplished:

1. Finishing the majority of DLC content from Fallout 4.
2. Getting the majority of Christmas gifts sent out.
3. Following up on some financial stuff I was putting off.
4. Making lists of things that I should do.

My observation would be; this hasn't really made much of a difference in my regular procrastination habits/cycles, I still basically have to force myself to do stuff and am not experiencing a high amount of motivation relative to before I started. One thing I do notice that is helpful is 'time caps' on procrastination activities, as in rather than doing something all day to an extreme, being able to more effectively say 'I'll do it for X amount of hours' instead or until 'X' goal is accomplished. However as there is a full repertoire of alternate activities which are still not truly being productive, it's easy to simply choose another flavor. One thing that's concerning is that it's possible the subconscious doesn't differentiate between digital representations of life, and actual reality, leading to the convenient loophole of being able to 'get things done' as far as goals and achievements in the virtual world, whilst still lagging behind on what needs to be done for real. Hopefully this was considered when the sub was made, as its an excellent escape hatch.

Sleep schedule is atrocious and listening to this after I wake up tends to make me instantly exhausted. I think it's a really deep-seated issue, and one of the most important ones to tackle in this lifetime so I'll give it the three months, minimum, as usual, but not really wowed so far to be honest. Might try and experiment with different formats though to see if there's a difference.

RE: Zero Procrastination[UMOP V2] - Shannon - 12-11-2018

Quote:One thing that's concerning is that it's possible the subconscious doesn't differentiate between digital representations of life, and actual reality, leading to the convenient loophole of being able to 'get things done' as far as goals and achievements in the virtual world, whilst still lagging behind on what needs to be done for real. Hopefully this was considered when the sub was made, as its an excellent escape hatch.

I think what we need is for the Magnus Engine to be finished. What I was seeing before Part 2 was added was that people would ignore/find ways around the Wall, and now they seem to be dealing with it and constrained by it. So one point for UMOP3. Which won't be hard to publish, since I'm going to have to build it in LTU 5.5G anyway. Astonishing how hard the subconscious will fight doing what the conscious wants to do.

Quote:Sleep schedule is atrocious and listening to this after I wake up tends to make me instantly exhausted. I think it's a really deep-seated issue, and one of the most important ones to tackle in this lifetime so I'll give it the three months, minimum, as usual, but not really wowed so far to be honest. Might try and experiment with different formats though to see if there's a difference.

I think that's a resistance tactic. You can't be productive if you're too tired after all. I used to have that sort of BS to deal with.

Are you playing the sub and laying back on the couch while playing games and eating cheetos, or are you actually making an effort to consciously work with the sub?

RE: Zero Procrastination[UMOP V2] - Zeroxmachina - 12-11-2018

Quote:I think that's a resistance tactic.  You can't be productive if you're too tired after all.  I used to have that sort of BS to deal with.

There's next to no recourse, other than finding ways to function under a constant state of exhaustion. This is why I imagine most people are addicted to coffee. My vice is sugar, which thanks to the still-on detox of MLS tends to mean i'm having to urinate after almost everything I eat or drink, these permanent effects are ruthless.

Quote:Are you playing the sub and laying back on the couch while playing games and eating cheetos, or are you actually making an effort to consciously work with the sub?

That's just it, I don't feel like anyone actually wants to be a chronic procrastinator, but when the patterns are so ingrained over a lifetime, there is absolutely no ease involved or impetus to tackle things that don't give instant gratification. I am either forcing myself, consciously, using energy that's already not present in high amounts, or taking the path of least resistance, which is what i'm used to. I believe that it would be most effective to emphasize developing self-discipline moreso than motivation, which is easily misdirected towards the pseudo-accomplishments. In every case, I know (intellectually) that the key to success is being able to commit to a productive structure and be consistent. Will all that being said, tackling a core life issue in 30 or so days seems unrealistic, we're talking about restructuring something that has defined my actual ego-self, that's really a tall order, and I'm prepared for the long haul with that in mind.

RE: Zero Procrastination[UMOP V2] - Zeroxmachina - 12-14-2018

Not sure if it's my diet or the sub taxing my system, but my immune state is being really adversely affected by me not really getting regeneration from sleeping. Very difficult to get things done like this.

RE: Zero Procrastination[UMOP V2] - Zeroxmachina - 01-19-2019

Update: I have started taking multivitamins, I had corrected my sleep schedule for a bit but then Is tarted playing strategy games and Fallout 4 late into the night which messed me up, regardless I'm not feeling extremely tired everytime I listen to the sub now so that's good. I am doing workouts swinging a sword around and also using cables, as building my physical condition is something I wanted to get back into, and also trying to establish habits that are easy to maintain. I have 0 missed days, though I may have some extra days here and there from when I miscounted early on and was a bit disoriented.

I do think that physically writing things down is a really useful tool for subconscious implantation of things you want to do, especially if its near by and you can see it regularly.

RE: Zero Procrastination[UMOP V2] - Zeroxmachina - 03-15-2019

Just an update, I am alternating between periods of research/making lists of things that relate to doing things, and binging on gaming and youtube but still not at the point where i'm taking concrete actions that would help me get where I want to go. My sleep schedule is back to waking up mid afternoon; it's really cold here so I give myself the benefit of doubt as far as going out and getitng practical experience in what i'm interested in (which is real estate), but I'll be more inclined to do so when I get situated in the warmer area i'll be moving to soon enough. I wouldn't report much motivation, or much decrease in frequency of procrastination at this point in time.