Subliminal Talk
Cyanide does USLM - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Cyanide does USLM (/Thread-Cyanide-does-USLM)

Pages: 1 2

Cyanide does USLM - Steve_ - 09-25-2018

I've used USLM off and on for about a month.

Some things that I have noticed...

People have commented that I seem much happier lately. Coworkers have mentioned this, friends, etc. I'm more likely to smile during a conversation. More likely to have casual conversation around the office. More likely to reach out to friends. Actually I've become somewhat of a party animal come to think of it. I normally play ps4 after work and sit around doing nerdy things. In the past month I've gone out every single weekend. Bar hopping, clubbing, hiking, house parties, concerts, shows downtown, etc. I've been having an absolute blast. Plenty of girls along the way too. I don't care to be verbose about hookups but... Wow. It's like the summer of free love over here. I have this 'high on life' fearless mentality and I love it. I'm also more conscious about the money I spent and I spend more responsibly... I've had a lifelong struggle of going on spending sprees and buying silly things I don't need so this new found self control about finances is freeing.

If I had to sum it up I'd say I have a very open and limitless mindset about life now whereas before I was very limiting of myself. I've been defining success for myself as of course success is subjective.

Ok what about this luck thing.
Here's a short list of things off the top of my head.
  • Free 55 inch 4k TV (my buddy moved)
  • Lots of free candy and free food at work on a handful of occasions. The admin lady ordered too much candy... Here, you can have this 6 pound bag of Swedish Fish and Gummy Bears, and have this Costco container of peanut m&m's too. Jee Kelly you're trying to turn me into a damn whale.
  • free stuff and discounts around town. People seem much more friendly towards me and very buddy-buddy. Lots of trust and rapport.. Which comes with free stuff I suppose.
  • Promotion at work with a pay raise!!!
  • I've been assigned tasks that I enjoy much more at work. It's gotten to the point where I'm getting paid to learn new things (whatever I want to learn in the scope of software validation) at my own pace in a relaxed environment and I can work from home 4 days a week if I want to... Which, you bet your ass I do.
  • My out of town friends got free airline tickets to visit me. This was impressive since I wrote a note to myself expressing that I wanted not only to enhance my friendships while using USLM but also to have more out of town friends visit. My buddy's boss paid for his tickets which was a huge surprise to both of us.
  • I've made a ton of friends as a result of going out every weekend
  • Old friends and aquantances have reached out on their own a lot more. It's gotten to the point where opening my snapchat or texts is almost cumbersome because I talk to so many people on a daily basis now.

I think that's a good list and a decent summary for now. I posted this as a journal instead of a testimonial because I hope to share more progress as I notice more changes. Thanks Shannon, this has been a really awesome experience!

RE: Cyanide does USLM - Chris P. Bacon - 09-25-2018

(09-25-2018, 06:05 PM)Cyanide Wrote: I've used USLM off and on for about a month.

People have commented that I seem much happier lately. Coworkers have mentioned this, friends, etc. I'm more likely to smile during a conversation. More likely to have casual conversation around the office. More likely to reach out to friends. Actually I've become somewhat of a party animal come to think of it. I normally play ps4 after work and sit around doing nerdy things. In the past month I've gone out every single weekend. Bar hopping, clubbing, hiking, house parties, concerts, shows downtown, etc. I've been having an absolute blast. Plenty of girls along the way too. I don't care to be verbose about hookups but... Wow. It's like the summer of free love over here. I have this 'high on life' fearless mentality and I love it. I'm also more conscious about the money I spent and I spend more responsibly... I've had a lifelong struggle of going on spending sprees and buying silly things I don't need so this new found self control about finances is freeing.

If I had to sum it up I'd say I have a very open and limitless mindset about life now whereas before I was very limiting of myself. I've been defining success for myself as of course success is subjective.

• Lots of free candy and free food at work on a handful of occasions. The admin lady ordered too much candy... Here, you can have this 6 pound bag of Swedish Fish and Gummy Bears, and have this Costco container of peanut m&m's too. Jee Kelly you're trying to turn me into a damn whale.
  • free stuff and discounts around town. People seem much more friendly towards me and very buddy-buddy. Lots of trust and rapport.. Which comes with free stuff I suppose.
  • I've been assigned tasks that I enjoy much more at work. It's gotten to the point where I'm getting paid to learn new things (whatever I want to learn in the scope of software validation) at my own pace in a relaxed environment and I can work from home 4 days a week if I want to... Which, you bet your ass I do.
  • My out of town friends got free airline tickets to visit me. This was impressive since I wrote a note to myself expressing that I wanted not only to enhance my friendships while using USLM but also to have more out of town friends visit. My buddy's boss paid for his tickets which was a huge surprise to both of us.
  • Old friends and aquantances have reached out on their own a lot more. It's gotten to the point where opening my snapchat or texts is almost cumbersome because I talk to so many people on a daily basis now.

I think that's a good list and a decent summary for now. I posted this as a journal instead of a testimonial because I hope to share more progress as I notice more changes. Thanks Shannon, this has been a really awesome experience!

[Image: ill-have-what-hes-having.jpg]

RE: Cyanide does USLM - THolt - 09-25-2018

(09-25-2018, 06:05 PM)Cyanide Wrote: I've used USLM off and on for about a month.

Wow great results.

I have noticed that my social life has picked up as I am going out more with friends but nothing in the way of free stuff and money.

Guess it works differently for everyone else

RE: Cyanide does USLM - Hatman - 09-25-2018

All that in only a month! Now let's see what the next one brings Smile

RE: Cyanide does USLM - ncbeareatingman - 09-25-2018

(09-25-2018, 06:35 PM)Wharrgarbl Wrote:

[Image: ill-have-what-hes-having.jpg]

Rock N' Roll Man. Right On!!

RE: Cyanide does USLM - Steve_ - 09-25-2018

Thanks guys. It's a good one, that much is for sure. I just got back from the grocery store and I realized that I was much more calm than I have been in the past. I hate grocery shopping with a passion... What do I need to buy, oh crap I hate these lights, oh healthy food wow I better not buy that because it'll go bad in a few days... Lol grocery shopping is always a negative experience. This time I came back home with almost double the bill but with lots of great food that I'm excited about preparing. It's all about the little things.

RE: Cyanide does USLM - ncbeareatingman - 09-25-2018

(09-25-2018, 08:40 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Thanks guys. It's a good one, that much is for sure. I just got back from the grocery store and I realized that I was much more calm than I have been in the past. I hate grocery shopping with a passion... What do I need to buy, oh crap I hate these lights, oh healthy food wow I better not buy that because it'll go bad in a few days... Lol grocery shopping is always a negative experience. This time I came back home with almost double the bill but with lots of great food that I'm excited about preparing. It's all about the little things.

it aint so little when you're shifting like that...awesome dawesome,Man!!

RE: Cyanide does USLM - Steve_ - 09-26-2018

I should note that the people I have been attracting into my life recently have all been very upbeat and fun loving people who all love to get out and do things.

I still can't put a finger on the luck component but so far it seems like maybe my perception of events has changed to where I seem to attract the ideal environment and situation to put myself in so therefore I'm always at the right place at the right time or so it seems. As for good things happening to me out of the blue and the luck affecting those around me... Not a clue how that works but it's alive and well. "I want to get out more and meet new friends and I want my old friends to be able to fly out and visit more often," I wrote on a sticky note to myself... Not even 2 days laternmy buddy phones me up and says that his boss was so impressed by his security validation presentation that he offered to pay for him and his girlfriends plane tickets to come visit me. That's just plain insanity and to me is more than a coincidence.

RE: Cyanide does USLM - blth - 09-26-2018

I will try this with the sticky note. Great journal

RE: Cyanide does USLM - THolt - 09-26-2018

(09-26-2018, 04:42 PM)Cyanide Wrote: I should note that the people I have been attracting into my life recently have all been very upbeat and fun loving people who all love to get out and do things.

I still can't put a finger on the luck component but so far it seems like maybe my perception of events has changed to where I seem to attract the ideal environment and situation to put myself in so therefore I'm always at the right place at the right time or so it seems. As for good things happening to me out of the blue and the luck affecting those around me... Not a clue how that works but it's alive and well. "I want to get out more and meet new friends and I want my old friends to be able to fly out and visit more often," I wrote on a sticky note to myself... Not even 2 days laternmy buddy phones me up and says that his boss was so impressed by his security validation presentation that he offered to pay for him and his girlfriends plane tickets to come visit me. That's just plain insanity and to me is more than a coincidence.

So I guess you have to have a specific goal like you had on the sticky note? I have noticed an uptick in the amount of socializing I have been doing. Noticeable difference from before.

RE: Cyanide does USLM - Steve_ - 09-27-2018

@THolt I wouldn't necessarily say this is a requirement but rather something that works for me to keep myself organized and to affirm to myself my intentions and values. The whole purpose of subliminals is to help shift our focus so in my mind wiring down my intentions helps pave the way for what's to come. If you wander around waiting for something to happen it's not going to happen, right? So I made myself go out on the town with friends. I organized an outing and it turned out so well and I had such a great time that I said hey, this is something I want to do more often, and so it became. I see USLM as a nice push in the right direction but of course you have to drive the effort.

If it works for me then maybe it will work for you: write down your values... What do you enjoy doing, what do you want to accomplish, what skills or hobbies do you want to work on, what makes you happy, what are your fears, etc. Just remember to say "yes" when that opportunity comes knocking. Just do it, as Nike says.

I hope this doesn't come off as preachy but perhaps USLM has inspired me to better myself and others. Cheers

RE: Cyanide does USLM - THolt - 09-27-2018

(09-27-2018, 10:13 AM)Cyanide Wrote: @THolt I wouldn't necessarily say this is a requirement but rather something that works for me to keep myself organized and to affirm to myself my intentions and values. The whole purpose of subliminals is to help shift our focus so in my mind wiring down my intentions helps pave the way for what's to come. If you wander around waiting for something to happen it's not going to happen, right? So I made myself go out on the town with friends. I organized an outing and it turned out so well and I had such a great time that I said hey, this is something I want to do more often, and so it became. I see USLM as a nice push in the right direction but of course you have to drive the effort.

If it works for me then maybe it will work for you: write down your values... What do you enjoy doing, what do you want to accomplish, what skills or hobbies do you want to work on, what makes you happy, what are your fears, etc. Just remember to say "yes" when that opportunity comes knocking. Just do it, as Nike says.

I hope this doesn't come off as preachy but perhaps USLM has inspired me to better myself and others. Cheers

@"Cyanide"

I have noticed a significant uptick in socializing since i have started this program. i have had friends text me out of the blue wanting to go to do stuff and I did it. Even people I never talked to much, i did some stuff with. I feel like my social life has definitely gotten better. This was my focus however when starting the program.

RE: Cyanide does USLM - Steve_ - 09-29-2018

I'd like to highlight another aspect of USLM. The same friend who got free plane tickets to visit me has been having awesome luck too. We both wanted to get more into security and vulnerability testing. This is something I write down as well. At work I've been handed crazily specific opportunities to learn more about pen testing (ethical Hacking) and within 2 weeks I became THE guy to go to for testing web applications for vulnerabilities. I learned OWASP ZAP and now I've been tasked with learning Burp Suite to tackle a whole arm of security testing at work. We hired a third party to do security testing for our web app and now it's my job to babysit their test results and replicate them - the perfect opportunity to learn. It's uncanny. I was talking to that friend today and he mentioned how crazy it was how out of the blue we both got back into the security world and how many crazy opportunities have been thrown our way out of nowhere. He was raving about it, and that's when I realized somehow we both are having crazily amazing luck.

Everybody's life is great around me. That same buddy recently secured a huge client with a big payout. One of the girls I'm seeing has been landing acrobatic gigs and having awesome luck, not to mention she's been a huge catalyst for me going out every weekend and she claims she doesn't normally get out that often, etc. It seems like everyone around me is high on life too. It's a great feeling.

RE: Cyanide does USLM - Hatman - 09-29-2018

(09-29-2018, 01:40 PM)Cyanide Wrote: I'd like to highlight another aspect of USLM. The same friend who got free plane tickets to visit me has been having awesome luck too. We both wanted to get more into security and vulnerability testing. This is something I write down as well. At work I've been handed crazily specific opportunities to learn more about pen testing (ethical Hacking) and within 2 weeks I became THE guy to go to for testing web applications for vulnerabilities. I learned OWASP ZAP and now I've been tasked with learning Burp Suite to tackle a whole arm of security testing at work. We hired a third party to do security testing for our web app and now it's my job to babysit their test results and replicate them - the perfect opportunity to learn. It's uncanny. I was talking to that friend today and he mentioned how crazy it was how out of the blue we both got back into the security world and how many crazy opportunities have been thrown out way out of nowhere. He was raving about it, and that's when I realized somehow we both are having crazily amazing luck.

Everybody's life is great around me. That same buddy recently secured a huge client with a big payout. One of the girls I'm seeing has been landing acrobatic gigs and having awesome luck, not to mention she's been a huge catalyst for me going out every weekend and she claims she doesn't normally get out that often, etc. It seems like everyone around me is high on life too. It's a great feeling.

That's awesome! Just make sure not to take on any extra work without asking for compensation once you're done learning Hehe