Subliminal Talk
SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) (/Thread-SargeMaximus-Time-to-Heal-DMSI-3-2A)

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - SargeMaximus - 04-25-2018

Oh btw, just saw Tesla’s edit. Thanks man , I appreciate it. Smile

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - SargeMaximus - 04-25-2018

So good news: the number I texted wasn't actually that girls number. So I texted her at the real number (I think) but I also gave her my number on OKC.

She seems interested in me for real because she replied to me on okc. I was like "did you get my text?" and she says "hello Sargio (I'm using your Spanish version of your name ;P but I didn't get your text, resend it!"

So yeah. I'm loving it. Perhaps next Tuesday I will get laid :o

Other than that, not much to report. Was training a new guy in sales today. He did well, and I learned a few things from him, which is always good.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - SargeMaximus - 04-27-2018

Saw "Avengers: Infinity War" last night. It was "meh". I actually was falling asleep tho that could have been just the time.

I liked the Guardians of the Galaxy parts but mostly just a bland, cheesy, seen-it-before kind of movie.

Especially the battle scenes, seriously "Phantom Menace" anyone? lol

EDIT: On the DMSI front, I'm VERY cold. Like, I'm freezing yet it's summer and everyone else says they're warm. :/

Not sure what's going on there. May not be getting enough to eat is all I can think of.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - SargeMaximus - 04-28-2018

Today has been a bad day. Realized today I actually suck at sales. Can’t deny it any longer :/

I was doing average for a time but now I’m just doing bad. I have no idea how I got so many sales when I first started. Luck prolly.

Yeah, I’m not enjoying myself today.

There was more to say but I feel like my brain is mush.

I don’t get how things can change like this. How you can be doing good then just start sucking.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - SargeMaximus - 04-28-2018

Standing here waiting for pick up, girl walks past, 7/10 and we make EC she says “I like your hair”

I say “thanks ! I like yours too”

I.O.I.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - Determined - 04-28-2018

(04-28-2018, 07:04 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: Today has been a bad day. Realized today I actually suck at sales. Can’t deny it any longer :/

I was doing average for a time but now I’m just doing bad. I have no idea how I got so many sales when I first started. Luck prolly.

Yeah, I’m not enjoying myself today.

There was more to say but I feel like my brain is mush.

I don’t get how things can change like this. How you can be doing good then just start sucking.

That's because your ego has started to dissolve. These past few weeks you've taken on more ownership of your problems instead of blaming everything around you as was your habit previously.

This is a big change for you, you're no longer being that ignorantly obnoxious person you once were. If you want to understand what you're experiencing with your sales ability, look up the "Dunning Kruger" effect. You'll see that you've actually made progress. Well done!

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - AriGold - 04-29-2018

Hey Sarge,

what I notice about you is that once something goes well you think everything in that area will go well and once something challenging happens you think you are doomed. You place too much value on what is happening on that one day. If five women smile at you and you have a nice talk you feel like all women want you and when nobody looks at you you think all of them hate you. You let every self image be destroyed on the first challenge and then you have to build it up again.
It's like you play tennis, win some matches and the first match you loose is that you think "I'm no good at this, I should give up".

Look at the graph that Determined put up. Don't stop at the valley of despair. Push through. Find out what you need most to get better and then get better. Don't be like a pinball that rolls in which direction it is being pushed. Be a man who will succeed no matter how long it takes. Be a man that talks about his success and about how he is handling all challenges. Be the man that is bigger than all challenges.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - SargeMaximus - 04-29-2018

Thanks guys.

It's just f*cking with me because I was good but now I am supposedly better by taking ownership and whatnot but things aren't working out. So naturally I wonder what is the benefit of taking ownership and improving? If I'm just getting worse, what is the point? I don't see an upside.

EDIT: Read Wikipedia about the dunning kruger effect.

This does not seem to be the same thing. The dunning kruger effect is about low-competency individuals thinking they are better than they are. While I am low competency NOW, I wasn't when I first started. Everyone on my team is telling me I used to do very well and that I need to "get back to what you were doing" so this does not seem like the same thing.

I think what is happening is I'm learning about things that I do not understand and it's eroding my confidence, which makes me perform badly.

Before, I was blissfully unaware and that unawareness was allowing me to be confident and get sales as a direct result. Now, I am aware of some things that I need to improve on and my confidence is gone so I don't make sales like before.

So again I wonder: what is the point of knowing what you need to improve on if that knowledge erodes your confidence and makes you worse than you were?

I believe Ben talked about this IRT RSD videos and how they put him in a bad state because they showed him all his flaws. As a direct result of watching the videos, Ben did worse with women (I believe that's what he said)

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - AriGold - 04-29-2018

Stop watching videos of some gurus. Their view upon the world might not help you in your position.

Yes, at some point we get resistance. Before it went good and for some reason it goes bad. If you play tennis just without technique and win that's good. Then people tell you, there is technique and somehow when you try the technique you get worse. That does not mean the technique is bad, it's just that you are not used to using technique yet.

What if you are at the moment not good yet but you are on your way to be a complete winner? How does that change the moment you think everything is not going that great?

You grow by taking challenges and by taking bigger challenges.

Have trust in your ability to learn and master things. Have trust that you can handle everything. Have trust that your future is going to be bright.

Sounds a bit too 'mystical' to me Ari, but I appreciate the gesture.

ION, had a wet dream last night. Before the wet dream I also had a dream about a tornado.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - mat422 - 04-29-2018

Hey Sarge, I can't remember but do you visualize yourself making successful sales before you go out? Even if you're not into the whole manifestation thing and LOA, visualization is a good way to prep your mind for success.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - Determined - 04-29-2018

Fair enough. Dunning Kruger applies to all areas of knowledge (they won a Noble Prize for their theory) but I'd presume that what you're experiencing is a nuance in selling.

What I said about your ego still holds, you've made big strides since 3.2. I'm very happy for your progress.

(04-29-2018, 09:18 AM)Determined Wrote: Fair enough. Dunning Kruger applies to all areas of knowledge (they won a Noble Prize for their theory) but I'd presume that what you're experiencing is a nuance in selling.

What do you mean by nuance in selling?

(04-29-2018, 09:18 AM)Determined Wrote: What I said about your ego still holds, you've made big strides since 3.2. I'm very happy for your progress.

Thanks.

@mat422 yes I do visualize how the sale will go. It's more automatic since I've done probably several hundred sales calls by now (4 years exp).

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - Determined - 04-29-2018

(04-29-2018, 09:55 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 09:18 AM)Determined Wrote: Fair enough. Dunning Kruger applies to all areas of knowledge (they won a Noble Prize for their theory) but I'd presume that what you're experiencing is a nuance in selling.

What do you mean by nuance in selling?

(04-29-2018, 09:18 AM)Determined Wrote: What I said about your ego still holds, you've made big strides since 3.2. I'm very happy for your progress.

Thanks.

@mat422 yes I do visualize how the sale will go. It's more automatic since I've done probably several hundred sales calls by now (4 years exp).

Something about the selling game which I have no information on

e.g Stock Market has peaks and troughs, so it'll be inevitable for traders to have good days and bad days. How they handle their state in a bad day is a skill. Same possibly for selling, you've hit a lull, how you handle that is probably a nuance in the game of selling.