Subliminal Talk
SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) (/Thread-SargeMaximus-Time-to-Heal-DMSI-3-2A)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - SargeMaximus - 05-27-2018

Reading the book "Iron John" atm.

It's a book about becoming a "man".

It's pretty good so far. Hopefully it has some practical advise, however.

ION, messaging lots of girls online.

I now give out my number and tell them to text me as a test of compliance. 3 numbers given out but no texts so far.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - Raykon - 05-27-2018

Loving your progress im happy for you!

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - Determined - 05-28-2018

(05-27-2018, 06:52 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: Reading the book "Iron John" atm.

I now give out my number and tell them to text me as a test of compliance. 3 numbers given out but no texts so far.

Lol, Iron John is mostly metaphorical. There's no straight up "advise" but if you can read between the lines it's quite powerful.

From memory, there were 8 steps to becoming a man and the first was symbolised by "stealing the key from underneath the mother's pillow" which describes a boys first step towards manhood when he starts to do something secretive or hidden from his mother (whatever part of your personality that may be).

Guys who never take this step, who continue to reveal all of themselves to their mums end up being stuck as "mummy's boys".

It's an interesting read on the journey of manhood and hopefully you get something out of it.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - SargeMaximus - 05-28-2018

(05-28-2018, 03:33 AM)Determined Wrote:

Lol, Iron John is mostly metaphorical. There's no straight up "advise" but if you can read between the lines it's quite powerful.

From memory, there were 8 steps to becoming a man and the first was symbolised by "stealing the key from underneath the mother's pillow" which describes a boys first step towards manhood when he starts to do something secretive or hidden from his mother (whatever part of your personality that may be).

Guys who never take this step, who continue to reveal all of themselves to their mums end up being stuck as "mummy's boys".

It's an interesting read on the journey of manhood and hopefully you get something out of it.

Damn. Metaphorical shit. ><

Yeah ok.

I'm not a mommy's boy. My brother is tho, and he gets laid like crazy so I guess I can stop reading that book.

Thanks for weighing in and saving me the time. Drinks

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - Determined - 05-28-2018

(05-28-2018, 07:58 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 03:33 AM)Determined Wrote:

Damn. Metaphorical shit. ><

Yeah ok.

I'm not a mommy's boy. My brother is tho, and he gets laid like crazy so I guess I can stop reading that book.

Thanks for weighing in and saving me the time. Drinks

I bet your brother probably doesn't tell your mum about his lays. Having a good relationship with ones mum isn't the same as being a "mummy's boy". Yeah I didn't think you'd be interested. Wanting "advise" is a very conscious mind type process. Reading and understanding metaphor is the opposite (subconscious mind).

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - SargeMaximus - 05-28-2018

(05-28-2018, 06:44 PM)Determined Wrote: I bet your brother probably doesn't tell your mum about his lays. Having a good relationship with ones mum isn't the same as being a "mummy's boy".

What's your point? I don't tell my mom about the girls I meet either. Blink

Anyhow whatever. I'm now reading "The Game" by Neil Strauss and I'm finding it inspiring as f*ck.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - Determined - 05-29-2018

(05-28-2018, 06:58 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 06:44 PM)Determined Wrote: I bet your brother probably doesn't tell your mum about his lays. Having a good relationship with ones mum isn't the same as being a "mummy's boy".

Anyhow whatever. I'm now reading "The Game" by Neil Strauss and I'm finding it inspiring as f*ck.

Well, if you link what Iron John says is the first step to being a man "stealing the key" and connect it to your suggestion that your brother is a "mummy's boy" you'd see that he in fact isn't (not unless he's keeps nothing sacred from your mum). What you might think is a "mummy's boy" might just be mistaken for having a good relationship with your mum (which is something separate). That was my point. This is also what logic is Sarge, lol.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - SargeMaximus - 05-29-2018

(05-29-2018, 04:48 AM)Determined Wrote:

Well, if you link what Iron John says is the first step to being a man "stealing the key" and connect it to your suggestion that your brother is a "mummy's boy" you'd see that he in fact isn't (not unless he's keeps nothing sacred from your mum). What you might think is a "mummy's boy" might just be mistaken for having a good relationship with your mum (which is something separate). That was my point. This is also what logic is Sarge, lol.

I love how you, having never met my brother, can make such an accurate analysis of his relationship with my mom. Truly remarkable. Thumbsup

Btw, please stay out of my journal.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - Determined - 05-29-2018

(05-29-2018, 06:25 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:

I love how you, having never met my brother, can make such an accurate analysis of his relationship with my mom. Truly remarkable. Thumbsup

No need to be snippy. I haven't added in anything extra beyond what you've told me. I'm also not entirely sure why you're behaving this way either but I'll respect your wish.

(05-29-2018, 07:05 AM)Determined Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 06:25 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:

No need to be snippy. I haven't added in anything extra beyond what you've told me. I'm also not entirely sure why you're behaving this way either but I'll respect your wish.

Prolly just resistance. But in all seriousness it's really MY fault for mentioning it in the first place. I should have known people would try to weigh in. My bad.

ION, blew a load this morning after not having done so for months.

Reading more of "The Game" and noticing all my passion, enthusiasm, excitement, wonder, and ambition returning. I had lost it for a long time and thought I was just losing interest. Now I think it's because I was following foolish schools of thought.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - SargeMaximus - 05-30-2018

Started my new sales job today and crushed it. Still, I'm not jumping yet. Got a long way to go.

ION,

NOTE TO SELF: Saturday June 2 will be the last night of this ASRB. I'll be using Ver. A once again on Monday night. Then, maybe, I'll switch to ver. B after the next ASRB break.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - SargeMaximus - 05-31-2018

"The Game" is turning out to be the best book I've read in years.

Almost done reading it.

RE: SargeMaximus: Time to Heal (DMSI 3.2A) - thor2014 - 05-31-2018

Sarge did you find.it inspiring ?