Subliminal Talk
[Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Forum, Website & Shopping (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Forum-Website-Shopping)
+--- Thread: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback (/Thread-Official-Shop-Forum-Optimization-Feedback)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Steve_ - 03-17-2019

@RTBoss I have fixed the dropdown menu. Shannon's journal, journal discussion, and view my threads should all work now. Page numbers on the top of the thread-view page is on my radar because it is annoying to me too.

@whome The sideboxes should be fixed now. I spent a few hours today fixing the issue that made our posts whited out. I'm still trying to figure out how to only enable the boxes on the index page only because at the moment im not convinced we need them on every page.

The mention and Like plugins are still proving to be a royal pain in my ass Smile

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Greenduck - 03-24-2019

I tried subscribing to the news forum but got the error "file not found"

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - whome - 03-25-2019

Dates on quotes are messed up. See the attachment.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - ncbeareatingman - 03-31-2019

Suggestion here: The "Shop" Icon 'cart' outta Be in RED...its at the top of the page in a darker blue,and kind of fades in the background,easy to miss in a way. were it a brighter colour ,it might really catch the viewers eye a bit more and therefore potentially BOOST Business as a result. Just saying. even a casual shopping might wind up buying some IML products as a result! The thought they were going to Crate and Barrell and wound up Here,Ha!! it could happen.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - whome - 04-02-2019

(03-25-2019, 05:54 PM)whome Wrote: Dates on quotes are messed up. See the attachment.

FYI @"Cyanide"; it's still weird.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Greenduck - 04-05-2019

The forum looks much cleaner without the side-bar, good decision!

However I'm having a bit problem with the colors in the new forum. It's just "to white" I think, I liked the contrast on the old one, it made it much easier to read. And I'm not being able as easily to distinguish the quote in a post from the actual post or the signature of the user. It all blends together in whiteness.

Also I am quite bummed about that you can't see who liked your posts anymore. I felt that was a way of connecting to other members on the forum.

I added a comparison picture for reference. The old one was so much easier for the eye.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Steve_ - 05-15-2019

May 15th Change-log

• Added page number to the top of thread-list view and within individual threads. 
  • Fixed page number overflow issue (4 page number boxes instead of 5)
  • Minor aesthetic changes: Darkened border of posts. Increased right and left padding of posts (text is further away from the border) 
  • SEO Friendly url's. Thread url's now reflect the thread title

Green Duck, I'll look into the contrast issue. It might be easy to make the background a bit darker, I'll see what that looks like and explore options. Also will look into the quote box, I could make the border darker and/or thicker.

(03-31-2019, 10:57 AM)ncbeareatingman Wrote: Suggestion here: The "Shop" Icon 'cart' outta Be in RED...its at the top of the page in a darker blue,and kind of fades in the background,easy to miss in a way. were it a brighter colour ,it might really catch the viewers eye a bit more and therefore potentially BOOST Business  as a result. Just saying. even a casual shopping might wind up buying some IML products as a result! The thought they were going to Crate and Barrell and wound up Here,Ha!! it could happen.

I'm not sure I agree with red but I understand what you're saying. It might be possible to make that one icon bigger and the text bolder. Not a priority but definitely a good suggestion, thanks.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Zane - 05-15-2019

Dude, please fix the old themes like option and other stuff

(05-15-2019, 12:47 PM)Zane Wrote: Dude, please fix the old themes like option and other stuff

No, the old theme is outdated and I will not be supporting it. Check out the current theme. It's been updated quite a bit since we first switched and I think you'll like it. 

Quote Box Fixes
  • Added left and right margin. Essentially the new theme slapped on a "no margin" rule to the quote box and I removed it. It now has default mybb quote style and I think you'll find it much easier to distinguish quotes from regular posts. 
  • Fixed timestamp issue. This change might require a hard-refresh / take some time to take effect. 

I'm playing with a new post-box style. I made the line below the author information a bit thicker and I changed the post border to a light blue and added a slight drop shadow effect to each post. 

I tried these but they didn't look quite right:
  • darker post border
  • Dark blue post border (same color pallet)
  • Thicker border

New Post Style: What do you guys think? Any suggestions? 

https://i.imgur.com/MsSOkUL.png

More updates today.
  • Changed announcements in thread-view from red to dark blue. The red was awful.
  • Fixed font size for announcements, stickies, normal thread title bars From 13 to 14.
  • Further page-number edits: bumped up the size of the page number boxes, adjusted padding to make navigation easier, etc. 
  • Added background shading for post interaction buttons (bar at the bottom of posts)
  • Quote Box: Italicized quoted username, added minor drop-shadow for separator and box

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - whome - 05-15-2019

@"Cyanide"

Reply timestamps are still broken.

@whome your browser might take some time to recognize the changes. Sometimes pressing control + f5 helps.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Omni3 - 05-16-2019

(05-15-2019, 01:42 PM)Cyanide Wrote: New Post Style: What do you guys think? Any suggestions? 

https://i.imgur.com/MsSOkUL.png

This looks good.