Subliminal Talk
[Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Forum, Website & Shopping (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Forum-Website-Shopping)
+--- Thread: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback (/Thread-Official-Shop-Forum-Optimization-Feedback)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Steve_ - 03-27-2018

I wanted to create a quick thread to get your feedback. Please share any suggestions related to usability with the forum and the shop website. Are there any areas, subliminal concepts, or technical shortcomings that were (or still are) difficult for you to understand at first as a newbie when using either of the websites?

I hope this makes sense. For example, on the shop website, you might say that the text in the main menu "Catalog" should be changed to "Subliminals" because doing so might help people better understand the site navigation.

My intention here is to collect your feedback to make usebility changes to both websites. Like I mentioned above, it could be simply renaming a title, restructuring part of a website, edit subliminal shop descriptions to include details that members don't generally understand at first, perhaps an automated PM upon registration that glosses over common misunderstandings, etc. I will also be skimming the forum for commonly asked questions and will seek to ensure that new members have a better understanding off the bat.

Thanks!

edit: I am aware of the long login time on the shop website and it has received my attention before. I will need to revisit this with a fresh mind soon.

edit2: I am also playing with the idea of upgrading MyBB (the forum software that runs this board, all of the functions, etc). This will greatly enhance ease of use but is also a huge undertaking. The most obvious change to users would be the theme which likely will have to change completely to use the latest forum version.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Shawn - 03-27-2018

The "mark this forum read" function doesn't work. I get:

"Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

But it has been already longer that case. Other than that the idea of automated PM after registration is good. It should contain a welcome text as well as a link to rules, FAQ and usage directions of subs.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - racktree - 03-27-2018

I believe that both website and forum are at a very good state in terms of ease of use.

The confusion I had for the first week or two when I first started using the forums was the acronyms that were all over the place. I later found the Glossary page on the shop and I was browsing back there until I learn most of it. However there are still some acronyms that I do not know what they are and are not in the glossary either.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Steve_ - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 12:28 PM)Mr. Anderson Wrote: Other than that the idea of automated PM after registration is good. It should contain a welcome text as well as a link to rules, FAQ and usage directions of subs.

Ok, so it sounds like there might be value in sending a pm upon registration with useful links such as Shannon's journal, the journal discussion thread, faq and glossary, best practices etc. I'll set that in motion soon.

(03-27-2018, 12:28 PM)Mr. Anderson Wrote: The "mark this forum read" function doesn't work. I get:

"Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

Mark forum read.. Hmm... This is news to me. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

(03-27-2018, 12:50 PM)stefioan Wrote: The confusion I had for the first week or two when I first started using the forums was the acronyms that were all over the place. I later found the Glossary page on the shop and I was browsing back there until I learn most of it. However there are still some acronyms that I do not know what they are and are not in the glossary either.

Which acronyms are missing?

How do you guys feel about receiving an email / PM upon the release of a new subliminal? I set this in motion today with the Sleep Aid subliminal. I'm trying to think as a user here. I'm a user at a website that provides digital goods who releases new goods occasionally. As someone who uses and pays for their products, this might be of interest to me, but I would get annoyed if I received emails and PM's that don't relate to new products. To me it makes sense as part of a good business model to maintain a strong communication system. Ya know, sales and all, making sure Shannon has food on the table. Thoughts?

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Jake2015 - 03-27-2018

Lastnight when I logged into my account, to make sure that everything was okay before the release of DMSI 3.2A, the time it took was very long. This is the only feedback I have to give at this time.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - LionKing - 03-27-2018

This quick post reply window - at least on mobile if I write something that's to long, the text will go over the Post reply and Preview buttons, which then makes it difficult to select if I need to tap on an earlier route first to correct a typo and then click back to the end of the last row, under the buttons. This length is enough to get there on my mobile now.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - hsindermann - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 08:25 PM)LionKing Wrote: This quick post reply window - at least on mobile if I write something that's to long, the text will go over the Post reply and Preview buttons, which then makes it difficult to select if I need to tap on an earlier route first to correct a typo and then click back to the end of the last row, under the buttons. This length is enough to get there on my mobile now.

Just tested this myself - not happening here (Opera on an Android tablet).

Otherwise the two things I had come to mind were already mentioned - long login time in the shop and that the "mark form read" function doesn't work.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - LionKing - 03-28-2018

(03-27-2018, 10:58 PM)hsindermann Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 08:25 PM)LionKing Wrote: This quick post reply window - at least on mobile if I write something that's to long, the text will go over the Post reply and Preview buttons, which then makes it difficult to select if I need to tap on an earlier route first to correct a typo and then click back to the end of the last row, under the buttons. This length is enough to get there on my mobile now.

Just tested this myself - not happening here (Opera on an Android tablet).

Otherwise the two things I had come to mind were already mentioned - long login time in the shop and that the "mark form read" function doesn't work.

This is with Chrome on Android:
https://imgur.com/a/MBzRR

Also, img doesn't work for https or imgur?
[Image: MBzRR]

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Raz - 03-31-2018

I'd love to see downloadable information/instructions for each individual subliminal program (let's say as .pdf) on the individual product pages. Usage patterns are becoming unique since the introduction of 5.5G's: how many loops to use, what the primary ASRB is, what the secondary ASRB is, length of one loop, etc.

For now I create my own usage/info/instruction files for each program I own, because after using program ONE for a couple of months I don't remember exactly how program TWO is supposed to be used.

Having the product description and usage instructions as a file for each sub in my IML folders would be very nice indeed.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Shawn - 04-10-2018

What about a function to export your (selected) PM's to your hard drive as text file? Yes, I know, I can do manually, just an idea.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - hsindermann - 02-11-2019

So what happened to this? At least the 'mark forums read' function is not working still.

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Oversoul - 02-11-2019

Need to be able to upload a wider variety of profile pictures sizes, every time I find a good pic, its either too large or dimensions dont fit

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - Nara - 02-11-2019

This is what I see on the Downloads page. Might want to fix that.

Thanks!

RE: [Official] Shop & Forum Optimization & Feedback - ncbeareatingman - 02-19-2019

The time info on the forum ,has been 'off' since its been on(from the beginning). I swear and two) I Use USLM3 daily and I Love love Love it man. if it were not for the fact that Im an Oldie here,as in have been with IML for 10 yrs now,I'd NOT know where to LOOK for USLM3,certainly not in the "thinking and the mind" section of the shop. For most people they're not gonna think to look there,especially if they are new to IML or browsing thru on the internet via a search engine. for Maximum Learning Speed ,heck yeah ,it makes sense that they'd look there, but not for USLM3. A Business/Success section yes ,thinking and the mind,nope. been meaning to bring this up for ages,I swear. now that theres a place to actually do so,here it is.