Subliminal Talk
MLS 5.5G journey - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Women's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Women's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: MLS 5.5G journey (/Thread-MLS-5-5G-journey)

Pages: 1 2 3

MLS 5.5G journey - cataleya - 01-30-2018

Backstory: Ok so I am creating a journal to force myself to be accountable and also to keep track of my progress. I have been listening MLS 5.5G from November so almost 5 months now. I started listening to it because I want to have my own business and thought MLS would be a good choice (apart from BASE). But I travel often and BASE is a 6-stager sub which would really make it inconvenient for me to listen to it according to Shannon`s instructions.

MLS results so far: I have definitely not turned into Bradley Cooper from Limitless Lol However unfortunately I did have a personal issue happen to me which set me back a lot in every way. So there really was little chance to actually see how MLS would help me in my business which was the reason I started listening to it in the first place. I also assume that I have been resisting it in some form. What I have noticed in general is my increased thirst for knowledge and improving myself in all aspects. I have been reading a lot of books, articles etc. Every now and then I would come up effortlessly with an excellent solution to some issue which has been there forever. And then I would think to myself "It was so obvious...why didn`t I think of it before?" My friend even commented one time "wow, you are really on a roll today". I have also been comprehending easier some difficult things. Like...things click faster in my head...if that makes any sense. Also, I read Shannon`s answer to Jake`s question which was "You need to take personal responsibility and do this yourself, not rely on a sub." I believe I have been doing this on a certain level. Hence, this journal.

The Plan: I am posting it here so if I don`t stick to it, I will look and feel like a complete idiot.

Rule no. 1: Wake up at 6am

Out of 30/31 days in the month, wake up at 6am at least 25 times. To wake up at 6am you need to be asleep by 10:30 pm. That gives you a healthy 7.5 hours of sleep. If you fall asleep later than 10:30pm, you still have to get up at 6am. If you feel tired and sleep deprived, take a 20 minute nap in the afternoon or just suck it up and get to bed earlier the following night.

Rule no.2: Have a morning routine

Morning routine will consist of the following:
- hot/cold shower
- 5 tibetan rites
- meditation (15 mins for now)
- quick gratitude journaling
- listen to a motivational video from Youtube or dance to an upbeat song (I know the dancing part sounds cheesy but whenever I do it randomly, it really sets me in a great mood)
- make your bed immediately, not 5 hours later

Rule no.3: Work on your business every day

Every day, no exceptions. Even if it`s only 5 mins. It`s 11:45pm and you still haven`t done anything towards your dream? Tough shit. You still have 15 mins left until midnight to work on it. No excuses.

Rule no. 4: Running

Run everyday for 30 mins. You can do more but you can`t do less. Only allowed to skip it if sick or if it`s pouring rain all day long. Run in the evenings, around 7-8pm. If not possible then, adjust it according to social activities and run whenever possible.

Rule no.5: Learn something new every day

There are some excellent Youtube channels with crash courses on every topic you can imagine. There is so much you don`t know. The goal is 15 mins per day. You can do more but you can`t do less.

Bedtime routine:
- be in bed by 10pm
- read something to wind down (Physical books and/or quality newspapers, not e-books. Don`t read any more personal development books. But you can re-read what you already have in physical form. Remember that knowledge is not power until it`s applied.)

Note to myself:
- write down here my thoughts and experience
- if you need a reality check, listen to this video until it sinks in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qW5EfW27AE
- if you fail to adhere to the plan, forgive yourself and move on. Don`t be a perfectionist. Doing anything is better that doing nothing at all.
- you can only watch your favorite TV shows after you have done your work for the day (business-wise)

Let`s roll baby Cool

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - cataleya - 01-31-2018

Day 142

Today was a success!Drinks Woke up at 6am sharp. Did my morning routine thing. Although I did unintentionally forget to do gratitude journaling. Won`t be repeating that mistake tomorrow. Also did my evening run for 30 mins. When it comes to cardio, I am in a terrible shape. I need to find some kind of running rules/program. Like run for 1 minute and walk for 15 seconds or something like that. So that my progress can be actually measured. Today I was just running and then walking when I couldn`t run anymore.

Also worked on my business for around 4 hours which is really good. Watched a couple of really good youtube videos on world history. However, instead of my planned 10:30 bedtime, I was out with my friends so I fell asleep probably around 11:30pm. So felt a bit tired today. Tried to take a nap in the afternoon but it was mostly laying while resting my eyes. Gonna watch Shameless season finale now, I have earned it Cool and go to bed a little bit earlier to catch up on my sleep

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - cataleya - 02-01-2018

Day 143

Another good day. Checked off everything from the plan. Apart from my evening run. Life got in the way. On the other hand, it was so windy today I would practically be running in the same place. Oh well...as stated in my plan: forgive myself and move on. Also...I have been eating a lot of chocolate in the past 2 weeks or so...I thought I was getting better at eating less chocolate and now I am craving it again. I ate around 100 grams today. And I would have eaten even more but I stopped myself. It`s a miracle I am not fat considering how much sweets I can eat. Not sure if this is some form of resistance or what but it`s annoying Rolleyes anyone experienced this on MLS?

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - Zane - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 12:57 PM)cataleya Wrote: Day 143

Another good day. Checked off everything from the plan. Apart from my evening run. Life got in the way. On the other hand, it was so windy today I would practically be running in the same place. Oh well...as stated in my plan: forgive myself and move on. Also...I have been eating a lot of chocolate in the past 2 weeks or so...I thought I was getting better at eating less chocolate and now I am craving it again. I ate around 100 grams today. And I would have eaten even more but I stopped myself. It`s a miracle I am not fat considering how much sweets I can eat. Not sure if this is some form of resistance or what but it`s annoying Rolleyes anyone experienced this on MLS?

I used MLS-5.5G for only like 2 months (One month break and using other Sub In between). I started having cravings for chocolate and junk food. But I knew my subconscious was trying to escape by doing all this. In the end. The craving decreased to a point that I mostly avoid eating outdoor stuff and junk. Its like when ever I look at a bag of chips or a chicken burger I get kinda repulsed by it,Like somewhat disgusted. As if the smell of that bag of chips and chicken burger is even unhealthy. So ya its a form of resistance and in few days u will start avoiding all that.. Cause diet can affect ur learning skills. I even stopped eating non-veg.

Before I would eat it daily but then I got more in tune of my body thanks to MLS-5.5G and then left it.

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - cataleya - 02-02-2018

(02-01-2018, 05:28 PM)Zane Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 12:57 PM)cataleya Wrote: Day 143

I used MLS-5.5G for only like 2 months (One month break and using other Sub In between). I started having cravings for chocolate and junk food. But I knew my subconscious was trying to escape by doing all this. In the end. The craving decreased to a point that I mostly avoid eating outdoor stuff and junk. Its like when ever I look at a bag of chips or a chicken burger I get kinda repulsed by it,Like somewhat disgusted. As if the smell of that bag of chips and chicken burger is even unhealthy. So ya its a form of resistance and in few days u will start avoiding all that.. Cause diet can affect ur learning skills. I even stopped eating non-veg.

Before I would eat it daily but then I got more in tune of my body thanks to MLS-5.5G and then left it.

Thanks for sharing, that was very useful Drinks me not eating chocolate is mission impossible. If MLS gets me off chocolate I would be VERY VERY impressed Lol

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - cataleya - 02-03-2018

Day 144

So...I had an interesting dream last night. Nothing MLS related so I`m not gonna mention it. It was so interesting that I contemplated for a couple of seconds whether to go back to sleep to see what happens next in the dream. It`s like you are watching the season finale of your favorite show and it ends with a biggest cliffhanger. That`s how I felt when my alarm woke me up. I was so mad. But woke up anyway. I do often have lucid dreams so maybe I can continue it some time. Wink

I had trouble falling asleep yesterday. It took me like 45 mins to fall asleep. Usually it takes me like 15 mins at most. It might be the coffee I had 6pm. I went to get coffee with a friend. The coffee usually doesn`t affect my ability to sleep. I might have to keep an eye on this.

Major win for the day: I went 24 hours without food Cool It happened by "accident". I saw that I haven`t eaten in awhile. And I have been reading about intermittent fasting. So decided to try it out. Drank only water and unsweetened tea. Felt pretty good. It was a little nerve racking the last hour. But I think the last hour part was mostly a mental thing, and not so much me being hungry. So when I finally had my meal, I was expecting to overeat or something. But I didn`t, just ate as usual. Pretty cool.

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - CatMan - 02-07-2018

I've done intermittent fasting for a long time, I love it.

Over two different stints with it, I've lost 87 pounds so far!

It's incredible once you get over the habits of eating and when like most do, and then stick to it. A bit of willpower needed at least initially. But for me once I saw the first legit loss on the scale, it was so easy to stay motivated as I knew it was for real.

Great to hear!

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - cataleya - 02-07-2018

(02-07-2018, 03:29 AM)CatMan Wrote: I've done intermittent fasting for a long time, I love it.

Over two different stints with it, I've lost 87 pounds so far!

It's incredible once you get over the habits of eating and when like most do, and then stick to it. A bit of willpower needed at least initially. But for me once I saw the first legit loss on the scale, it was so easy to stay motivated as I knew it was for real.

Great to hear!

Funny you commented because it was actually one of your posts mentioning intermittent fasting what got me to check it out. And I did check it out back then but very superficially. It wasn`t until I got on MLS that I checked it out more thoroughly. And applied it. I guess I have to thank MLS for that. And you Catman Drinks

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - cataleya - 02-12-2018

Day 153

Should have been 155 days but was away for the weekend at my friend`s house in another city so I was unable to listen to MLS.

Ok so time to feel like an idiot publicly because I stuck to my plan for like a week and then nothing. It felt like a chore. If I am getting up at 6am, my morning routine shouldn`t feel like a chore, it should be something I enjoy doing. Not because I read it`s good for me. A reason to get up. Not to stay in bed. I didn`t enjoy the gratitude journaling, it felt forced. I like Tibetan rites to some degree but one particular exercise makes me nauseous every time. I tried modifying it but it didn`t help. So I tried to think of a time I enjoyed doing a morning routine the most and I realized it was when I was doing the Wim Hof method. I can`t even remember why I stopped doing it. I think it was cause of all the travelling at that time. So I went back to the drawing board..

Here is the revised plan:

Rule no. 1: Wake up at 6am

Out of 30/31 days in the month, wake up at 6am at least 25 times. To wake up at 6am you need to be asleep by 10:30 pm. That gives you a healthy 7.5 hours of sleep. If you fall asleep later than 10:30pm, you still have to get up at 6am. If you feel tired and sleep deprived, take a 20 minute nap in the afternoon or just suck it up and get to bed earlier the following night.

Rule no.2: Have a morning routine

Morning routine will consist of the following:
- Wim Hof method
- meditation (15 mins for now)
- make your bed immediately, not 5 hours later

Rule no.3: Work on your business every day

Every day, no exceptions. Even if it`s only 5 mins. It`s 11:45pm and you still haven`t done anything towards your dream? Tough shit. You still have 15 mins left until midnight to work on it. No excuses.

Rule no.4: Learn something new every day

There are some excellent Youtube channels with crash courses on every topic you can imagine. There is so much you don`t know. The goal is 15 mins per day. You can do more but you can`t do less.

Bedtime routine:
- be in bed by 10pm
- read something to wind down (Physical books and/or quality newspapers, not e-books. Don`t read any more personal development books. But you can re-read what you already have in physical form. Remember that knowledge is not power until it`s applied.)

What was modified compared to my original: morning routine
What was eliminated: running. This was too optimistic on my part. I will focus first on getting my morning routine strong and then on adding elements in the day.

I think this should work now Superman

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - Omni3 - 02-12-2018

Is it the Tibetan spinning exercise that makes you nauseous?

Check out Mentalphysics - on Youtube

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - cataleya - 02-12-2018

(02-12-2018, 06:08 AM)Djinnni Wrote: Is it the Tibetan spinning exercise that makes you nauseous?

Check out Mentalphysics - on Youtube

Hey! No, unlike most people I have no issues with the spinning. My problem is the 4th rite. Around 9-11 repetitions of the 4th rite I can manage. If I do more, I get nauseous to the point I feel I could vomit. So then have to take a break for a couple of minutes to feel better so I can do the 5th rite. I tried all sorts of variations like doing it slowly, I tried closing my eyes, opening my eyes, not throwing my head back (which helped a little) but still I feel nauseous...

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - Omni3 - 02-12-2018

Yeah that'll be the energy rushing to your head then

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - cataleya - 02-16-2018

Day 157

I have been watching Crash Course channel on youtube, world history in particular. Still can`t believe it`s the same guy who wrote The fault in our stars. Lol I do enjoy his sense of humor. Anyway, world history has around 40 videos on that subject. I planned to go through all of them. To educate myself on "everything". But I realized as I was watching some videos that there are some parts of history which are not that interesting to me. Like I have been forcing myself to watch them. So I decided to watch only videos that really interest me. Like the ancient Egypt etc.

It`s been a couple of days since I have been applying the Wim Hof method. I did notice that I have been feeling more optimistic than usual, not so overwhelmed by all the things that I have to do. Also, today I held my breath for 3 minutes, pretty cool Cool

RE: MLS 5.5G journey - Jake2015 - 02-17-2018

I forgot to come on and say that I came across some videos on history, they were history in 10mins so have a look at those because they were cool.

I learnt a little about the USA and the UK, which has always baffled me as we dont get taught much about where on earth UK Royalty comes from nor how the USA became the USA etc.

I also learnt about how the UK basically took over India and pretty much abused it for its own gains and then how the WW happened but was left a little confused, so yeah when I procrastinate I do it academically hahaha