Subliminal Talk
Ascending to Alpha - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Ascending to Alpha (/Thread-Ascending-to-Alpha)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Ascending to Alpha - DavisMind91 - 04-10-2018

Stage 5, Day 23:

- Noticed both today and yesterday that I'm starting to both joke less and laugh less. Joking less was my intention anyway, now I'm just doing it unconsciously.

- My tone is also getting more aggressive according to the people around me.

- One female coworker is starting to try really hard to get close to me, both by getting close physically and by attempting to start conversations. I'm not the least bit interested.

- Wife keeps stating that she wants me...whatever.

RE: Ascending to Alpha - Antaeus - 04-11-2018

(04-10-2018, 03:36 PM)Frosted Wrote: Yeah AM6 has made it so I very rarely laugh now.

I thought AM6 was supposed to enhance sense of humor, as per the product page. Or am I understanding something incorrectly?

RE: Ascending to Alpha - Determined - 04-11-2018

(04-11-2018, 01:04 AM)Antaeus Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 03:36 PM)Frosted Wrote: Yeah AM6 has made it so I very rarely laugh now.

I thought AM6 was supposed to enhance sense of humor, as per the product page. Or am I understanding something incorrectly?

A big source of humour is characterisation. The direction he's heading in is towards "laconic humour". It's origin is from Sparta. This fits well with his overall development into the truly strong silent type which is what AM6 seems to be transforming him into.

I can imagine if he cracked a joke and no one expected it, it'd be unexpectedly funny. Sometimes with humour, less is more.

RE: Ascending to Alpha - Antaeus - 04-11-2018

(04-11-2018, 01:25 AM)Determined Wrote:

A big source of humour is characterisation. The direction he's heading in is towards "laconic humour". It's origin is from Sparta. This fits well with his overall development into the truly strong silent type which is what AM6 seems to be transforming him into.

I can imagine if he cracked a joke and no one expected it, it'd be unexpectedly funny. Sometimes with humour, less is more.

Ahhh I see. So being funny yet in a subtle way is more along the lines of alpha behavior.

RE: Ascending to Alpha - DavisMind91 - 04-11-2018

It definitely does enhance humor but make no mistake, alpha males aren’t clowns even though they can be very funny. Besides being funny and joking too much gets old after a while, gotta maintain a balance. My sense of humor has skyrocketed since being on AM6. There are times I’ve felt that if I wanted to, I could develop my talent and become a stand-up comedian. Not a dream I have for myself though.

(04-11-2018, 01:41 AM)Antaeus Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 01:25 AM)Determined Wrote:

Ahhh I see. So being funny yet in a subtle way is more along the lines of alpha behavior.

You got it. I’ve read before that beta males tend to smile and joke excessively in order to establish the fact that they’re not a threat to women and other men. “Nice guys” which is BS because guys like that are typically looking for something, and so their kindness is all in the interest of the attainment of their desires or self preservation.

On the other hand, Alphas will smile only when they want, and make a joke that they themselves genuinely enjoy without caring who else laughs. Example, we had a meeting at work yesterday. Although plenty jokes were made I didn’t smirk even once. A couple hours later, I made a joke and no one but me laughed, I couldn’t have cared less because the joke was meant my entertainment only in the first place. I was unattached to the outcome of having anyone join in for a laugh. Although I do like making others laugh, I stay primarily concerned with entertaining myself first and foremost.

RE: Ascending to Alpha - Determined - 04-11-2018

Likewise. You're spot on with beta's and humour, their aim in being funny is to make others laugh. Alpha's on the other hand are self invested.

This video illustrates this well. The "Attraction Paradox"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnGGmHjg6w8

(04-11-2018, 05:45 AM)Determined Wrote: Likewise. You're spot on with beta's and humour, their aim in being funny is to make others laugh. Alpha's on the other hand are self invested.

Good stuff, syncs up perfectly with what I heard a comedian say in an interview last week which is, if a guy works on improving himself, women will come anyway.

Stage 5, Day 24:

- Wasn’t planning to post today but something noteworthy happened. Before I left work tonight, I put my iPhone in do not disturb because I simply don’t wanna talk to anyone. When I got home I checked my phone and saw a huge amount of missed calls and texts. They were all from a girl that has had my number for a couple moths but for some odd reason decided she wanted to talk tonight. I told her my phone was on DND but she kept calling and texting for 10 minutes straight until I finally called back. She really wanted my attention for whatever reason. We had a good conversation but I still wasn’t in a talking mood so I told her I was cutting things short.

- A female coworker of mine told me about another coworker who’s been feeling socially awkward because she’s new and no one seems to wanna talk to her. I shrugged it off and said there’s no excuses for feeling uncomfortable. We live in the age of information so much of what a person wants or needs to learn can be found with a few clicks and some typing. AM6 has drastically reduced my empathy. I just don’t see the point in excuses and weak emotions. I’m sure the new girl will get comfortable eventually but if she’s socially akward then she can learn to actually take her social skills to the next level.

- People calling me sir is starting to become a common occurrence.

RE: Ascending to Alpha - JCasterlin - 04-12-2018

(04-11-2018, 06:28 PM)DavisMind91 Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 05:45 AM)Determined Wrote: Likewise. You're spot on with beta's and humour, their aim in being funny is to make others laugh. Alpha's on the other hand are self invested.

Good stuff, syncs up perfectly with what I heard a comedian say in an interview last week which is, if a guy works on improving himself, women will come anyway.

I read something similar that Jim Rohn said

RE: Ascending to Alpha - Determined - 04-12-2018

(04-11-2018, 06:28 PM)DavisMind91 Wrote:

Haha, there's a saying where I'm from and I've found it to be true "when a man chases women, he loses money. When a man chases money, the women chase him". You can substitute "success" in for money and it's the same principle.

RE: Ascending to Alpha - DavisMind91 - 04-13-2018

Stage 5, Day 26:

- Feeling joyful today but in a calm way.

- I notice there's another woman at work beginning to show interest. Since earlier this week, she's becomes unusually polite, apologetic, and submissive when we bump into one another. She also starts smiling or giggling, even when I lock eyes with her with a blank look on my face. She intrigues me a bit and is a bit of the type I've gone for in the past looks wise. Let's see what happens.

RE: Ascending to Alpha - DavisMind91 - 04-15-2018

Stage 5, Day 28:

LTU has been purchased so that's now set in place for 2020 (for now). I'm starting to physically see myself become more of a man in my mind. What I mean is, when I look in the mirror, I see the more Manish aspects of my appearance as opposed to the young boyish features I saw just months ago. One thing I will say is that I'm a bit overweight, even though I have lost some pounds since starting AM6.

It seems to be starting to bother me that I'm not more of the lean or ripped type. This has nothing to do with women as I don't have an issue with them liking me. It's starting to get to me a bit that my extra weight is a reflection of not taking care of my body the way I should so it's more of a health thing as opposed to a looks thing with me. I don't like to slip in any sort of way. Even though I've been fine tuning my diet and working out I'm gaining a sense of urgency to really step things up in the health department.

RE: Ascending to Alpha - DavisMind91 - 04-16-2018

Stage 5, Day 29:

I'm feeling a rapid drop in my sense of humor, I still find certain things funny but I'm laughing and smiling much less, especially when around others. Even my favorite sitcom, which I usually get about 5 good laughs out of per episode on average, has dropped to about 2 laughs. Yesterday I felt very unmotivated and apathetic after work, and went to bed the earliest I have in almost a year. I'm also feeling close to being burnt out and dissatisfied with life, feels like everything is moving too slow. Sure whatever this is, I'll get over it.