Subliminal Talk
Lock men and women journals section - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: General Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-General-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: Lock men and women journals section (/Thread-Lock-men-and-women-journals-section)

Lock men and women journals section - samba99 - 10-15-2017

Hello there,

We have more than 100 guests visiting the forum at any given time. I think it would be a good idea to lock the journal forums for more privacy and also increase number of members hence more growth.

The fact that journals section are not locked give the guests the impression that it’s not very safe to share things on here.

I am not trying to compare other forums with this but most fourms applied this strategy for the privacy of their members and of course for community growth.

So is there any reason why these journals sections are not private for members only?

This will also be beneficial for the spamming and trolling going on from members who were banned on old accounts.
So maybe lock the section and be open for members only who have 10 posts or more. Or something like that, I hope you got the idea

RE: Lock men and women journals section - SargeMaximus - 10-15-2017

I like that idea. Good Looking Loser has a "members only" section that can't even be seen by google.

RE: Lock men and women journals section - Daredevil - 10-15-2017

I Say we Lock The Mens Section to members who have over 100 posts.

RE: Lock men and women journals section - thor2014 - 02-25-2018

I say we lock the area to those who have not bought the subliminals.

RE: Lock men and women journals section - subliminalsrcool - 05-28-2018

(10-15-2017, 10:21 AM)samba99 Wrote: Hello there,

We have more than 100 guests visiting the forum at any given time. I think it would be a good idea to lock the journal forums for more privacy and also increase number of members hence more growth.

The fact that journals section are not locked give the guests the impression that it’s not very safe to share things on here.

I am not trying to compare other forums with this but most fourms applied this strategy for the privacy of their members and of course for community growth.

So is there any reason why these journals sections are not private for members only?

This will also be beneficial for the spamming and trolling going on from members who were banned on old accounts.
So maybe lock the section and be open for members only who have 10 posts or more. Or something like that, I hope you got the idea

I totally see where you're comin from. I see a double edged sword here; if you lock the journals to those that only have that specific sub, it will feel like an elite members club that only give access to those that have that particular sub; but what about those newcomers that want to be inspired to read about the changes because of the sub. Inspire them to buy it too and without reading positive changes how will they become believers? I think this is what makes IML so unique is to have the ability to journal on the experiences that no other subliminal industry has.

If you are refering to guests that are just visitors without registering to be members then I see your point but not the registered members that dont have the sub yet; they shouldnt have to be locked out from the forum posts for that particular sub.

RE: Lock men and women journals section - Oversoul - 07-23-2018

Yeah, tbh, I would not have bought DMSI if I didn't read the journals first.

RE: Lock men and women journals section - thor2014 - 08-18-2018

(07-23-2018, 02:58 AM)kingpill Wrote: Yeah, tbh, I would not have bought DMSI if I didn't read the journals first.

I have to rethink what I posted earlier. From a marketing standpoint it would benefit Shannon and from a customer potential allow people to "dry run" before purchasing.

RE: Lock men and women journals section - JackOfHearts - 08-18-2018

Make a private journal section and a public journal. In one forum I have both a private journal for sensitive stuff and a public one. I have shared more things in that private journal than here due to this. So I support the idea of adding a private section for those who wish to do that but to keep a public one too Thumbsup

RE: Lock men and women journals section - Zane - 08-18-2018

I have a better Idea but idk if this can be Implemented.. Basically we add a

"Hide Post from Public"
"Hide Post from Everyone" (Including Registered Members) (Except You)

This button should be next to "like" button. This way u can choose if u wanna hide that post from public or from everyone except u.. Just with one click..

Hide Post which u think is private.. Simple

RE: Lock men and women journals section - ChrissyC - 08-21-2018

For more privacy? This is the internet.. a public forum. You have the option to omit personal information.. especially information that people can use to identify you.

I'm pretty sure there are people who buy the subs and don't register on the forums... why would I waste my time to register for a public forum, when I can just read through the journals and see if it's even worth my time..? LOL.

Quote:The fact that journals section are not locked give the guests the impression that it’s not very safe to share things on here.

No where on the internet is safe to share things. People just gotta be smart and not post things that can expose who they are in the real world.

The journals are just people sharing their experiences with the subs..

RE: Lock men and women journals section - JackOfHearts - 08-21-2018

(08-21-2018, 06:50 AM)ChrissyC Wrote:

For more privacy? This is the internet.. a public forum. You have the option to omit personal information.. especially information that people can use to identify you.

I'm pretty sure there are people who buy the subs and don't register on the forums... why would I waste my time to register for a public forum, when I can just read through the journals and see if it's even worth my time..? LOL.

Quote:The fact that journals section are not locked give the guests the impression that it’s not very safe to share things on here.

No where on the internet is safe to share things. People just gotta be smart and not post things that can expose who they are in the real world.

The journals are just people sharing their experiences with the subs..
When you have a journal here its not easy to keep intimate details for yourself , especially when those journals focus exactly on that. And even when its not focused on that. After a few humdred post here you will get the idea.
Not every journal would be private.
Also those who just buy and never report are having it too easy in my opinion. They like to read but dont care about reporting, if everyone would do that we would have nothing to read.