Subliminal Talk
Bitcoin, Electroneum, Cryptocurrency | A New Crypto currency - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Bitcoin, Electroneum, Cryptocurrency | A New Crypto currency (/Thread-Bitcoin-Electroneum-Cryptocurrency-A-New-Crypto-currency)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Bitcoin, Electroneum, Cryptocurrency | A New Crypto currency - JackOfHearts - 11-02-2017

check your firewall, add the app otherwise it may not work.
You are using windows 10 I guess. I had the same problems at first.

RE: Bitcoin, Electroneum, Cryptocurrency | A New Crypto currency - JackOfHearts - 11-02-2017

(11-02-2017, 02:36 AM)Determined Wrote: I have 8 threads, should I be using all of them when I mine?

A more official answer :

Quote:For best performance - play with the number of threads. Often, less is more - there's a reason I used only 21 threads on the 32 core AWS instance in the official test - it resulted in the highest hashrate.

RE: Bitcoin, Electroneum, Cryptocurrency | A New Crypto currency - Determined - 11-02-2017

Which ones the app?

It's a link usualy on your desktop for the exe I just shared. (after you have installed the app)
So right click on it and property, it will give you the full link.
Then add that path in your firewall.

In windows 10 type firewall in your search.

RE: Bitcoin, Electroneum, Cryptocurrency | A New Crypto currency - Determined - 11-02-2017

Ok I got the app working. God this is so much easier now lol.

Only issue left is the wallet address. Everytime I make a new offline wallet, the address changes. Is that supposed to happen or do I have one address which is the same all the time?

Making a new offline wallet is like creating a new bank account.

Private address will always stays the same.
Public address can change but it doesn't seem supported for now. At least I didn't see any app offering that feature yet but it's available on bitcoin.
But you don't really need that right now.

That's strange. Everytime I click "offline paper wallet" a new one gets generated. New Public and Private addresses

I'm currently mining at 200 Hash rate

(11-02-2017, 03:37 AM)Determined Wrote: That's strange. Everytime I click "offline paper wallet" a new one gets generated. New Public and Private addresses

I'm currently mining at 200 Hash rate

That's normal. It's an app to create an offline paper wallet. It doesn't store your wallet on your computer like other common bitcoin wallet.
So each time it will create a new paper wallet, like the old one didn't exist. Save the pdf or write it on paper or print it.
If you lose those privates keys your etn will be lost.
If you create a new adress that way it won't send your etn on the previous one if that's what you thought, it will a new wallet, like a new bank account with Zero money on it.

Right now we don't have access to the ETN we bought yet, as I said earlier.

I could just make a new paper wallet correct? And that would create new private address if I do lose my old one?

Because all the private addresses of my first 4 printed paper wallets are different

Also how does this work? I'm currently mining. If I stop mining, will my mined ETN be sent to my wallet and added to the rest of my ETN?

(11-02-2017, 03:46 AM)Determined Wrote: I could just make a new paper wallet correct? And that would create new private address if I do lose my old one?

Because all the private addresses of my first 4 printed paper wallets are different

no you couldn't, if you lose it you lose it, then you would have to use some hypnosis to recover from your memory.
They are different like you would have 4 different bank account separated with 4 different password and the other bank doesn't know anything about the other account.

(11-02-2017, 03:53 AM)Determined Wrote: Also how does this work? I'm currently mining. If I stop mining, will my mined ETN be sent to my wallet and added to the rest of my ETN?
It seems there minimum required and then they sent you the ETN.
Yesterday then sent me 96 ETN after 6 hours of mining.

The rest of your ETN is not available yet, as said in the news they have to resolve a hacking problem first. So your bought ETN is unavailable yet.
The offline wallet created is a new wallet with nothing on it.

edit:
The normal wallet like what is available on bitcoin is supposed to be on your phone app, but they have to resolve a problem first.

But you can checked how many coin will be sent and your status on the mining pool there, depending on which pool you chose on the software,
I chose EU so mine is
https://eupool.electroneum.com/
Us is
https://uspool.electroneum.com/

RE: Bitcoin, Electroneum, Cryptocurrency | A New Crypto currency - HMoody - 11-02-2017

It's been a crash course in learning about Crypto and mining in the last two days. I used Cyanide's links to buy some electroneum directly from the company. Right now it seems to be all over the place. Seemed like if you were one of the ones that mined early you ended up with a good chunk. Now it's crawling. Ah well, price has been dropping all day. Let's see how this plays out.

Do you guys think it'll hit a stable high in a month or so?