Subliminal Talk
Highly sensitive persons - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Highly sensitive persons (/Thread-Highly-sensitive-persons)

Highly sensitive persons - Greenduck - 10-11-2017

Hi there!

Just wanted to check here if anyone else recognize themselves as a "highly sensitive person"? The definition of a HSP from wikipedia is:

Quote:Sensory processing sensitivity (SPS), a personality trait, a high measure of which defines a highly sensitive person (HSP),has been described as having hypersensitivity to external stimuli, a greater depth of cognitive processing, and high emotional reactivity.

According to the article around 15-20 % of the population is carrying more or less of the character traits described for a HSP.

So anyone here feel ( Cool ) they belong in this crowd? How do you cope with it, how are you using your "extra" emphatic abilities for example? We who know this, can say it's both good and bad that comes with it.

I myself can say being highly sensitive to other peoples emotions, and have had an easy time to understand other people and their point of views. To "cope" with it i often do exercise that help me to get in contact with my own feelings and help create "emotional boundaries", meditation also work the same way.

How have you seen that subliminals have affected you? Do you think they have affected you differently because you are a HSP?

RE: Highly sensitive persons - Ars0n1sT - 10-11-2017

When I was a kid I was diagnosed with Sensory Integration Dysfunction. I think that term is still used but has also developed a few other similar names in the past 2 decades. Anyways, essentially I experience all 5 senses at the same time (this sounds silly, doesnt it, doesnt everybody?). My senses, instead of each having their own separate silos of function, get crossed sometimes and I can easily become overloaded if there is too much stimulus of any given sense. On bad days, when I am overloaded, I fidget, feel anxious, and I can feel objects in my face. Lol what did he just say?? So, for example, if a cabinet is open across the room it feels like the cabinet is touching my face. Very odd, yes. It has gotten better over the years, and oddly enough, sustaining a concussion has fixed some of that neurology. Brains are a fascinating thing. Emotions, for me, are experienced in a weird way.

I have a hard time describing how I feel often times. In the past I have been overly empathetic to the point where I actually thought I was taking on other peoples emotions. The psychic community would call this being an "empath." Silly delusions. I had to recognize that how I felt was a reaction to my perceived notion of how they felt and from there I was able to create boundaries and acknowledge the persons emotion without acting too deeply on it. Am6 helped with that a lot. Just because a girl is crying doesnt mean you should cry also to console her lol!

Part of the emotion thing is that if you feel the need to (or just do it without realizing it) take on emotions of others then to some degree you have an external locus of control, which means you have some underlying self esteem issues to be worked on, confidence within yourself, that kind of thing. Again, AM6 helped me a lot. https://psychcentral.com/encyclopedia/locus-of-control/

How do I cope? Some info above should shed some light, but specifically when I have a bad day I find that Magnesium supplements help a lot. I use Calm brand Magnesium. I also find playing the drums helps a lot. As does working out. Anything to calm the nerves. Meditation too - or napping with the thought of some affirmations. Napping helps a lot. Journaling, whether here or your own pen and paper, has also helped me in the past. Writing down my thoughts helps me sort things out in my head. The actual act of writing invokes specific parts of your brain, the part that deals with language and the part that deals with kinesthetics / motion, when paired together are cathartic. I have found for me personally that writing just one or two words here and there helps me get started and then I am able to sit down and just write what comes to mind. I have also written poetry in the past and lyrics for my old band.

Hope this has helped. I'm pretty open about this kind of thing.

RE: Highly sensitive persons - RisingSon - 10-11-2017

I'm highly sensitive, sure. If anything, it's caused me to have Avoidant Personality Disorder.
"Those affected display a pattern of social inhibition, feelings of inadequacy and inferiority, extreme sensitivity to negative evaluation, and avoidance of social interaction despite a strong desire to be close to others."

When in public I feel way too inhibited and am scrutinizing but at the same time screaming out. I've sort of shut my self-expression and empathetic nature down for the most part (AM6 may have given me too much self-control). I'm aware that most of the population is unable to reciprocate or relate and operating more or less on pure animal drives, so I tend to generalize with "fuck 'em, whatever".

That's caused a disconnect between me and socializing. I don't even socialize irl anymore and am on the path to becoming a hermit. When I run to the store, the overwhelming stimulus is negative since everyone seems so sick, ugly, and unconscious. Why would I want to subject myself to that continually? It's draining. My intuition peaked on WM2 and I became shell-shocked at how messed up the world is. Mostly, I interact and philosophize with other HSP's online but that's not that fulfilling especially in a physical sense.

Maybe I could find fulfillment in giving more to others, being more service-to-others rather than service-to-self, but I haven't made that transition yet.

One of my goals is to get into an advanced meditation program, but that will only increase my ESP more, so it's good that I've been forming my worldview to be ready for such.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

-Marianne Williamson

RE: Highly sensitive persons - JackOfHearts - 10-11-2017

I thought I was an empath or something like that too when I first came here.
I don't believe it anymore and think it was mostly BS Lipssealed

I think AM5/6 SM3 DMSI helped me a lot to get more aggressive.
From experience to me it seems being empath or too sensitive can be someone who is weak willed, doesn't have enough strength to fight back the world.

I also have to say that those words they use to describe people are very restrictive and seems to help you to get into your shell more, like it's the end of it.

I have been studying of a lot personality tools before I came to one that fit the bill in a satisfying way. What mainstream science use as psychology is a complete joke to me, it's so inaccurate, it lacks so much precision and details. Today from what I know I see it as some cavemen tools.

I think one reason we are still using this crude tools to define people is because we are not evolved enough yet, we are not strong enough to face the truth and act on it. Sometimes it's laziness, sometimes it's fear, sometimes it's just lack of discrimination.

Using those precarious tools is easy, call it empath, and that's a 5 sentences definition written in a book. There is no depth to it, one word to describe someone. Take a pick chose what seems to fit is what you do with those tools (basically)

If someone can trust that kind of randomness and inaccuracy, that's just crazy to me.

What seems to be recognized in the scientific community and isn't talked much is reading someone personality with their writing. Handwriting Analysis is the most accurate thing I come across that isn't going into the esoteric area.
It takes a bit of time to get a good grasp of it but it's very good, much better than what is used commonly in my opinion.
At this point not studying this thing to understand yourself more is just plain laziness in my opinion.

I have been studying murderers personality recently as it's very interesting and revealing. When they are judged what's funny to me is that supposedly if they are determined "mad" or "crazy" they may be spared from their full sentence.
But all of them are crazy, they have to be otherwise they wouldn't kill others. And each of them in their personality have a big level of insanity and on top of that they have a very strong will. From what I studied if we all had a very strong will we would see people murdering each other more frequently.
Because some people are very insane but they aren't going to kill anyone even if they want to do it. They aren't going to kill anyone because they don't have the strength. Serial killer like Ted Bundy has a level of insanity that is more common that what we may think but what makes him different is that he has the strength, the will to act on his deeply wounded desire.

All serial kill have the strength to kill someone obviously otherwise they wouldn't be able to do it, it takes a lot of strength to kill someone, not only physical but a strength of not fearing physical damage, to go for it, a "warrior" type personality basically.
A lot more people that we may think want to do the same thing but aren't doing it.
For example I studied the lead singer of Linkin park yesterday. He committed suicide recently due to depression and inability to live with himself. In his writing when he was young he said that he wanted to kill some people.
What prevented him from doing that is not mercy it seems but lack of strength to commit the act. He said he was bullied a lot at school.

Another more simple example is if we had super power like Super Man, wouldn't we at least hurt some people that bother us with those power.
People like Ted Bundy don't have super power obviously but they have enough strength to see the act of killing as something easy to do. So in their spare time they do it Hehe for fun and giggles Drinks

RE: Highly sensitive persons - Daredevil - 10-12-2017

(10-11-2017, 11:48 PM)Alpha360 Wrote: I thought I was an empath or something like that too when I first came here.
I don't believe it anymore and think it was mostly BS Lipssealed

I think AM5/6 SM3 DMSI helped me a lot to get more aggressive.
From experience to me it seems being empath or too sensitive can be someone who is weak willed, doesn't have enough strength to fight back the world.

I also have to say that those words they use to describe people are very restrictive and seems to help you to get into your shell more, like it's the end of it.

I have been studying of a lot personality tools before I came to one that fit the bill in a satisfying way. What mainstream science use as psychology is a complete joke to me, it's so inaccurate, it lacks so much precision and details. Today from what I know I see it as some cavemen tools.

I think one reason we are still using this crude tools to define people is because we are not evolved enough yet, we are not strong enough to face the truth and act on it. Sometimes it's laziness, sometimes it's fear, sometimes it's just lack of discrimination.

Using those precarious tools is easy, call it empath, and that's a 5 sentences definition written in a book. There is no depth to it, one word to describe someone. Take a pick chose what seems to fit is what you do with those tools (basically)

If someone can trust that kind of randomness and inaccuracy, that's just crazy to me.

What seems to be recognized in the scientific community and isn't talked much is reading someone personality with their writing. Handwriting Analysis is the most accurate thing I come across that isn't going into the esoteric area.
It takes a bit of time to get a good grasp of it but it's very good, much better than what is used commonly in my opinion.
At this point not studying this thing to understand yourself more is just plain laziness in my opinion.

I have been studying murderers personality recently as it's very interesting and revealing. When they are judged what's funny to me is that supposedly if they are determined "mad" or "crazy" they may be spared from their full sentence.
But all of them are crazy, they have to be otherwise they wouldn't kill others. And each of them in their personality have a big level of insanity and on top of that they have a very strong will. From what I studied if we all had a very strong will we would see people murdering each other more frequently.
Because some people are very insane but they aren't going to kill anyone even if they want to do it. They aren't going to kill anyone because they don't have the strength. Serial killer like Ted Bundy has a level of insanity that is more common that what we may think but what makes him different is that he has the strength, the will to act on his deeply wounded desire.

All serial kill have the strength to kill someone obviously otherwise they wouldn't be able to do it, it takes a lot of strength to kill someone, not only physical but a strength of not fearing physical damage, to go for it, a "warrior" type personality basically.
A lot more people that we may think want to do the same thing but aren't doing it.
For example I studied the lead singer of Linkin park yesterday. He committed suicide recently due to depression and inability to live with himself. In his writing when he was young he said that he wanted to kill some people.
What prevented him from doing that is not mercy it seems but lack of strength to commit the act. He said he was bullied a lot at school.

Another more simple example is if we had super power like Super Man, wouldn't we at least hurt some people that bother us with those power.
People like Ted Bundy don't have super power obviously but they have enough strength to see the act of killing as something easy to do. So in their spare time they do it Hehe for fun and giggles Drinks

Empathy is the ability to feel others feelings as with telepathy is hearing others thoughts. Empaths do have boundary issues but this is because they have a lack of concept of the difference between self and other. Their operating from a flawed state of oneness.

Also it's mostly about People acting out their Shadow or repressed aspects of themselves in murder or being a psychopath that we have allot of murders. Strong will is what stops people from committing murder as what I can see. Psychopaths have a lack of empathy and ability to truly feel emotions so that's why they pretty on others so they can "feed" off of others pain and misery . They have a rush when they inflict pain on others and keeping people in a constant state of fear.

RE: Highly sensitive persons - Daredevil - 10-12-2017

And personality tools should be used in Conjunction with each other to get a full picture if a person such as using the Ennegram (thousands of years old) , MBTI, and Big 5 Together.

Astrology and Numerology can help also immensely to figure out a person.