Subliminal Talk
Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Women's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Women's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Alpha Female?? Anyone? (/Thread-Alpha-Female-Anyone)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Shannon - 10-07-2011

(10-07-2011, 04:24 PM)Jackie Wrote: BTW, Shannon, hugs for responding to that email todaySmile Muchos gracias kind sir!

I'm doing what I can, but sometimes, literally, I cannot come in from out of the woods for various reasons. If you knew how badly things went for me yesterday, you'd be amazed that I responded to your texts at all. lol

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Andrew - 10-07-2011

Like the trickling stream action? Took us several days to put that together, must have been at least a hundred listening tests.

Shannon: "Andrew...what do you think of this version?"
Me: "Don't like it."
Shannon: "It's the same one you liked 5 minutes ago..."
me : "Oh...yeah don't like it anymore".

It was either too waterfall-like, trickle-like, or stream-like. I think we found a good balance.

What do you mean as trainer? Are you being trained or actually training someone? I can't imagine you got certified so fast?

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Shannon - 10-08-2011

I hope we found a good balance, cause it almost drove me up a wall. lol

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Jackie - 10-08-2011

Andrew, I'm being certified as a personal trainer. The program will take until December to complete. It was offered at my massage school for free to be a nice supplemental cert. Along with my massage, so I couldn't pass it up. It was a promotional thing that I got it for free. Trying to get into exercise more too so thought it'd be a good background to have. Excited!

And yes the trickling action is pretty awesome lol.

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Jackie - 10-08-2011

Wow, I have no idea if motivation to work out is in the sub, but I woke up really motivated to lift weights and do some cardio, which I'm doing right now as I type ( i have an awesome stationary mini cycle that took me 3 tries before finding the right one with enough resistance to give a really good leg burn). I know that motivation is part of the sub, so maybe that's kicking in? It's rare that I want to work out right after I get up, usually I have to force myself to do the cycle with positive reinforcement like I'm a dog! lol. That has worked in the past, but not really anymore....what I would do is say "ok, I can't watch my favorite show unless I'm on the bike trainer".....and that worked for about a month and then I just stopped watching that show. lol. I don't know if I did that consciously or not. I don't want excuses anymore that I let disrupt a work out routine.

I also just feel really happy lately regardless of how tired I feel. Can't wait to see how my first full week on AF pans out!

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - About - 10-08-2011

(10-07-2011, 04:27 PM)Jackie Wrote:
(10-06-2011, 08:26 PM)About Wrote: Hey I'm doing massage school too!

Also I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with AF Smile

And whatever you're feeling it can be the sub acting really fast!

Ha! Small world! How far are you? We're just working on FB SW and all the strokes that come with that. It's really fun and I'm learning a lot. Start student clinicals next month with outside people, so should be interesting!

I just finished up my first round of classes. I've learned full body Swedish and I've taken some anatomy classes with it as well. The next round of classes will include myofascial, more anatomy (yay), sports massage, and ethics.

Going to be fun!

Clincials start next week for me! I finish in March too so I really can't wait to have a job/career.

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Andrew - 10-08-2011

(10-08-2011, 09:28 AM)Jackie Wrote: Andrew, I'm being certified as a personal trainer. The program will take until December to complete. It was offered at my massage school for free to be a nice supplemental cert. Along with my massage, so I couldn't pass it up. It was a promotional thing that I got it for free. Trying to get into exercise more too so thought it'd be a good background to have. Excited!

Sounds cool! I'm with ACSM which is the one that sets guidelines for every other training cert, used mostly by the medical/clinical community. It's challenging material and definitely takes a long time to study for. Preparing for an ACSM cert test by december would be hard work but do-able. ACSM, ACE, and NSCA are the only professional level ones (I think I am missing one though), hopefully you are getting one of those! There are a lot of CPT/CFT certs out there that are a joke, took a long time to sift through the bad ones Sad Hit me up if you have any questions, I've gone through the whole process Smile

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Jackie - 10-09-2011

(10-09-2011, 07:39 AM)Blueness Wrote: Jackie, any chance of upgrading my Find your perfect job to 4G? I did send you two PM's...4 weeks ago Smile

Hi Blueness,

Sure. Please contact me is via our contact us link rather than PM'ing me. I try to keep those 2 separate, and before I really wasn't working in the forum to be checking it regularly. And that's a good point to make in general for customers reading my personal journal. My journal here is just for my personal info as feedback for you guys, so if you have questions relating to your subs please email me through our contact us link, and that way and I'll take care of whatever issues you many be having there, but I'd really prefer to keep my personal journal just that. Thanks!

Jackie

(10-08-2011, 03:56 PM)Andrew Wrote:
(10-08-2011, 09:28 AM)Jackie Wrote: Andrew, I'm being certified as a personal trainer. The program will take until December to complete. It was offered at my massage school for free to be a nice supplemental cert. Along with my massage, so I couldn't pass it up. It was a promotional thing that I got it for free. Trying to get into exercise more too so thought it'd be a good background to have. Excited!

Sounds cool! I'm with ACSM which is the one that sets guidelines for every other training cert, used mostly by the medical/clinical community. It's challenging material and definitely takes a long time to study for. Preparing for an ACSM cert test by december would be hard work but do-able. ACSM, ACE, and NSCA are the only professional level ones (I think I am missing one though), hopefully you are getting one of those! There are a lot of CPT/CFT certs out there that are a joke, took a long time to sift through the bad ones Sad Hit me up if you have any questions, I've gone through the whole process Smile

Hey! They're getting us prepared to take the ACE, so I think it'll work out ok. It's the first time this school has offered a pt course, so they're still kinda working out the kinks. Hopefully the end result will be good. Are you liking it?

Well, not even a week into it and my dreams have become noticeably much more vivid. I'm also able to recall them better. So my subconscious mind is definitely making itself more consciously known. Last night's dream was a really weird mix from a whale watching tour I went on earlier last month, mixed with the end of the world catastrophe from the video game "Fallout 3" that my fiance and I play. It was like Free Willy meets Doomsday lol.

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Shannon - 10-09-2011

Read your comments. Went back through the script for AF-2011 Stage 1. Burst out laughing. Damn I'm good. Big Grin *goes to get some popcorn*

(10-09-2011, 06:40 PM)Shannon Wrote: Read your comments. Went back through the script for AF-2011 Stage 1. Burst out laughing. Damn I'm good. Big Grin *goes to get some popcorn*

Tongue Along with strange movie plots, AF has also inspired me to start writing fictional stories again, such as this one:

He sits zipped up in his sleeping bag in the deep, dark forest clicking away at his keyboard when he suddenly hears a loud SNAP behind him! Turning his head in alarm, he sees nothing through his thick horn rimmed glasses. The blackness has no depth but seems to envelop him at the same time. A million things flash through his mind, among them doubt that maybe he shouldn't be traveling the country all alone.

"Maybe I should have just gotten a hotel," he thinks. He hadn't showered in days or slept on a mattress. Food consisted of beef jerky and trail mix. He was ready for some good food. Twigs from the ground were starting to ride up his butt. "One more day is all I need," he said.

But as he was thinking these things, he heard another large crackling noise, and the errie sound of movement through the trees. It kept getting closer to him, and louder.

"What the heck?" Thinks Shannon to himself. Frightened so was he that he stood up, his pulse started to quicken. "Probably just a marmot or something." With that, he sat back down and snuggled back up in his sleeping bag and began checking his indigo forum messages. There were over 39 messages.

"How the hell am I gonna do all these before my computer dies?? Why can't these people just leave me alone for a few days!?" He yelled into the trees. "NOOOOOOOO!"

Frustrated, and watching his battery power quickly die down, Shannon quickly responded to a few questions. Just then, he heard another rustle in the bushes, this time it was to his left where his car was parked. To his shock and horror, he could hear his car door suddenly open and slam shut! But he thought he'd locked it! Before he could get up to run towards it, the car roared to life and suddenly he found himself blinded by headlights. His own headlights. His heart nearly stopped beating his chest. Bringing his hand to his head to keep the light from blinding him, he could just barely make out who was behind the wheel. Shannon gasped sharply and pointed his finger. "Oh my god, it's you!".......

_______________________________to be continued......(du dun dun!)

That was just for fun. This is how I imagine Shannon's camping trip is going and all the things that could go wrong. Plus, it was fun to write and hopefully will give him a laugh. Or not. Big Grin I know you don't wear horn rimmed glasses....the shannon in this story is only loosely based on another shannon that I may knowTongue lol Go AF, go AF! Woot! Big Grin ANNNDDDD to bed now. Night all!

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Shannon - 10-10-2011

(10-09-2011, 09:18 PM)Jackie Wrote:
(10-09-2011, 06:40 PM)Shannon Wrote: Read your comments. Went back through the script for AF-2011 Stage 1. Burst out laughing. Damn I'm good. Big Grin *goes to get some popcorn*

Tongue Along with strange movie plots, AF has also inspired me to start writing fictional stories again, such as this one:

He sits zipped up in his sleeping bag in the deep, dark forest clicking away at his keyboard when he suddenly hears a loud SNAP behind him! Turning his head in alarm, he sees nothing through his thick horn rimmed glasses. The blackness has no depth but seems to envelop him at the same time. A million things flash through his mind, among them doubt that maybe he shouldn't be traveling the country all alone.

"Maybe I should have just gotten a hotel," he thinks. He hadn't showered in days or slept on a mattress. Food consisted of beef jerky and trail mix. He was ready for some good food. Twigs from the ground were starting to ride up his butt. "One more day is all I need," he said.

But as he was thinking these things, he heard another large crackling noise, and the errie sound of movement through the trees. It kept getting closer to him, and louder.

"What the heck?" Thinks Shannon to himself. Frightened so was he that he stood up, his pulse started to quicken. "Probably just a marmot or something." With that, he sat back down and snuggled back up in his sleeping bag and began checking his indigo forum messages. There were over 39 messages.

"How the hell am I gonna do all these before my computer dies?? Why can't these people just leave me alone for a few days!?" He yelled into the trees. "NOOOOOOOO!"

Frustrated, and watching his battery power quickly die down, Shannon quickly responded to a few questions. Just then, he heard another rustle in the bushes, this time it was to his left where his car was parked. To his shock and horror, he could hear his car door suddenly open and slam shut! But he thought he'd locked it! Before he could get up to run towards it, the car roared to life and suddenly he found himself blinded by headlights. His own headlights. His heart nearly stopped beating his chest. Bringing his hand to his head to keep the light from blinding him, he could just barely make out who was behind the wheel. Shannon gasped sharply and pointed his finger. "Oh my god, it's you!".......

_______________________________to be continued......(du dun dun!)

That was just for fun. This is how I imagine Shannon's camping trip is going and all the things that could go wrong. Plus, it was fun to write and hopefully will give him a laugh. Or not. Big Grin I know you don't wear horn rimmed glasses....the shannon in this story is only loosely based on another shannon that I may knowTongue lol Go AF, go AF! Woot! Big Grin ANNNDDDD to bed now. Night all!

That was hilarious. I'm sure the people sitting around me here at BK think I am totally insane now. Revenge accomplished, Jackie. Wink

Actually, my camping trip is much less interesting. More like this.

"Jeez, does this road ever end?" Shannon thought to himself. Maybe - but not any time soon. Still day's miles to go before his next destination, and then after that it would be two or three more days to get to his next destination.

He'd given up trying to find campgrounds. Even if they only charged $11 a night, he'd end up sleeping in his car regardless, between the cold, the wind, the rain or the bears. Or heck, he thought, all four sometimes. And a car door isn't going to stop a hungry bear.

"I wish I could get a hotel every night," he mumbled to nobody in particular, as he checked his rear view mirror. The rain was endless in every direction, and so were the drivers who didn't know what the current speed limit was. He waited for the next passing lane yet again as the guy ahead of him demonstrated either severe dyslexia or an inability to read, passing a speed limit sign that clearly told him to be going at least 10 miles an hour faster. The liine of people who agreed with Shannon was growing. It would be a mad dash when the - oh, there it is, the passing lane finally.

---

Later that night, after 10 hours driving, Shannon decided it was finally time to rest. He could probably push it another 2 or 4 hours, but why bother? He still had two days of nowhere in particular to be before he was scheduled to arrive at his sister's house. Nowhere particular to be, he mused. How he wished he could just go home. But there were obligations to deal with first. He was just... tired. Hotel or rest area? he wondered. Ah, screw it. Rest areas are cheap. He pulled into the rest area and found himself a parking spot, and then adjusted the stuff in the back seat to let him put his seat all the way back. Then he pulled his quilts out from under everything piled on top of them. One he wrapped around his legs and feet, and the other around his torso. The cold would not have him this night. Then he positioned his trutsy foam pillow, stretched out as much as he could, and tried, closing his eyes, to pretend he was in his own bed at home.

Sleep came slowly, with reality fading into dreams smoothly, as he designed new programs and solved various design challenges on the way down.

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Jackie - 10-10-2011

Hmm, I like my version better Smile Road trips can be really fun though, so I hope you're having a good time at least.

I'm glad you liked the story, I was a little unsure if it would offend you or not, but I should know better that you have a better sense of humor than that. I've always loved to write and haven't been as much. So that was fun. I'll have to finish it, so we can find out who this mysterious person was who hijacked your car. I'm guessing someone from the forum will be stalking you! haha.

Drive safe!