Subliminal Talk
Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Women's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Women's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Alpha Female?? Anyone? (/Thread-Alpha-Female-Anyone)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Jackie - 10-03-2011

Hey all!

Long time no type for me! Been busy with 2 other jobs, and more recently decided to go back to school for massage therapy and personal training. All very exciting stuff, but it does limit the time I've had to really get into keeping up with the forum. That's the excuse I have right now anywayRolleyes. But, as always, you guys can reach me for customer help by emailing through our contact us link. I do check that regularly.

Moving right along. The alpha female program is out, and I've been excited about it for a long time! We've had a lot of great feedback with alpha male, that I know I was hoping to see similar results with alpha female too! No journals have been started yet, so I'm thinking of starting one of my own to get the ball rolling! Just need to get the courage up to listen to a program that will give me courage...lol.

Any takers? Let me know and I'll be the guinea pig to kick start this journey!

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Spiral - 10-04-2011

I say go for it! But I'm not one to tell you what to do in this situation. No one is.

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Jackie - 10-04-2011

(10-04-2011, 09:12 AM)Spiral Wrote: I say go for it! But I'm not one to tell you what to do in this situation. No one is.

I like you! Am actually in the process of downloading it now, so hopefully will start tonight. Big Grin

Sounds pretty amazing. My biggest concern is that I don't ever want to be considered "Alpha" anything. I'm all for confidence and self respect, but that particular term "alpha" when associated with women really doesn't sit well with me, and I'm wondering if our female readers are discouraged by the title as well. That's part of the reason why I'm offering myself up to share my experiences, to hopefully help put aside any uncertainty there is about the program (if there is any).

I've decided I'm not going to have any criteria for this program or goals for what I'd like to see change about myself. I'm gonna just see what happens, and not set myself up for any expectations. It'd hard not to do that, but I don't want to be so focused on changing one area that maybe I cut myself off from growth in other areas.

23 more minutes to download (wow, thanks slow pc!)

Will post more soon!

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Andrew - 10-04-2011

(10-04-2011, 05:19 PM)Jackie Wrote:
(10-04-2011, 09:12 AM)Spiral Wrote: I say go for it! But I'm not one to tell you what to do in this situation. No one is.

Will post more soon!

At least you didn't blame it on my servers! Big Grin haha...in all seriousness though I'm excited for your results. I would never go back to the pre-AM me and knowing Shannon there's no way he would have made the "Alpha" female with the negative connotations that comes with it from a female perspective that you mentioned...if we hang out more Tongue I can let you know if I see a difference.

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Patti - 10-05-2011

You go girl! Happy to see you stepped back into the forum!

I’m very excited to hear about your results as they play out. As you know, I also purchased that program. (and yes Andrew, I blame your servers for the slowest downloads ever! lol) At first, I wasn’t sure if I was going to purchase this program, but with that ridiculous sale, I really didn’t have a choice. I read through it twice and thought there are some issue’s I really don’t have, or so I think, we’ll see what comes up. I think it’ll be very interesting. I really like the way your going into it with no expectations, and I plan to do the same. I won’t be listening to it until January 1st as I have other things I’d like to conquer first. Plus, I thought it’s an apropos time to start a program like this.

Good luck!

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Jackie - 10-05-2011

(10-04-2011, 09:23 PM)Andrew Wrote:
(10-04-2011, 05:19 PM)Jackie Wrote:

Will post more soon!

At least you didn't blame it on my servers! Big Grin haha...in all seriousness though I'm excited for your results. I would never go back to the pre-AM me and knowing Shannon there's no way he would have made the "Alpha" female with the negative connotations that comes with it from a female perspective that you mentioned...if we hang out more Tongue I can let you know if I see a difference.

lol, yea you need to come over sometime. I'll let you know when I'm not having a 6 day school week and Danny doesn't have a cold. Oh, I start a personal training program Friday btw (as trainer), we should pick each others brains on that one Smile.

Yea, I'm super excited. Did 9 hours last night of the trickling stream, which actually helped me sleep a little better too cause it was so soothing, then another 1 hr when I got home and took a nap. Still too early to tell any difference, but I was happy and centered feeling today, so....hmmmm.

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Jackie - 10-05-2011

Patti, you're smart to wait on it until you're able to totally devote yourself to it. It'll be really cool to see if we experience similar things when you're ready to start it.

So I'm a pretty laid back, fun loving kind of girl. But I also have this incredibly deep, serious side where I take on the world in my thoughts. There's also a deep spiritual side that I have that's always exploring and trying to find the right fit. The three sometimes clash. I've had to work really hard in my early to mid 20's to overcome shyness. I was such an introvert in high school and pretty much a loner. I had friends, but I had social anxiety so I spent a lot of time by myself or with my family. It held me back in a lot of ways. I sheltered myself from a lot of opportunities and experiences that I'm now doing. I went into psychology to help understand myself better and the people around me. What resulted was years of self improvement, working on self esteem, forcing myself to be social, developing a sense of humor, and getting out and going places, traveling etc.. When I was younger I never laughed. Everything was so serious. How boring when I look back. Now I'm 30, and I have more friends than I've ever had, and I'm much more comfortable socially. I now consider myself to be an extroverted introvert whereas before I was just an introvert. I've also worked a lot on motivating myself to make routines. That's been the hardest thing, but I'm getting better about that too. So, going into this program, I've already helped set some of the ground work, but I still need a lot of finesse. There are also a lot of more practical areas that I've overlooked, as well as financial (which I'm addressing with going back to school). But it amazes me how smart my fiance is with his finances. He's been teaching me how to invest, and little tips on saving that are really helpful.

The emotions, the hormones, definitely. Every woman deals with these on a regular basis. My biggest one lately has been irritability for no reason. Maybe hormonal, or maybe just my mind set. The last 2+ weeks I was really negative and angry. The dumbest things would set me off. Then last Sunday I had a scheduled massage for school, and it totally shifted just based on the conversation I had with my classmate during the massage. Since then I've been back to my positive self again. I'd like to have more conscious control over my mind set like that, and not let myself fall into negative thought patterns. I felt like crap physically just by how I was thinking.

AF is supposed to do so many other things too. Almost sounds too good to be true. I'm hoping it will help me when I get out of massage and pt to be fearless about starting my own business and building clientele. It'd be awesome if it'd help me in the motivation department where my wedding planning is concerned too! I have so much to do, but have been putting if off cause it's not til next year. We have to the big things in place, but it's all the little details now that I'm avoiding. lol. Time to wake up!

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - AwesomeYoungDude - 10-06-2011

I agree with Patti "you go AF girl" I look forward to your posts and your humor.

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Jackie - 10-06-2011

(10-06-2011, 01:36 PM)AwesomeYoungDude Wrote: I agree with Patti "you go AF girl" I look forward to your posts and your humor.

Thanks dude! I'm glad my humor comes through. I'm trying to write more like I talk than trying to write report...lol, so we'll see how that goes.

Kinda of annoyed this morning. I woke up and realized there was no trickling stream action going on, so I looked over and the ipod was charging on the dock, but had somehow gotten slightly off so it died sometime in the night. I have no idea how many hours I got in, at least a few. Oh well. I love falling asleep to that sound, it's a little added benefitSmile

Something very subtly seems to be happening already, but I can't say for sure that 100% of the credit is cause of AF. I am feeling more centered lately and not so internally negative. We'll see how this develops. When I say negative, I don't mean about other people, it's usually about situations or myself. I set myself up sometimes to have a bad day cause I wake up not looking forward to the hour commute to school. Or I set myself up for failure by doubting my ability to handle doing 2 programs at once. I'd like to be consistent and having an "I can, and I will" attitude instead of a "maybe, we'll see how it goes".

I also notice that I let my shoulders and neck kinda fall forward subconsciously when I'm feeling uncomfortable in a situation or around certain people. Kind of an inferior body position. When I'm feeling confident, my posture opens up and my head is back more. If I start having comfortable open posture more often, then I'll know it's working!

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - About - 10-06-2011

Hey I'm doing massage school too!

Also I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with AF Smile

And whatever you're feeling it can be the sub acting really fast!

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Shannon - 10-07-2011

Jackie, I agree that "alpha" isn't necessarily the best way to describe the program for most women to feel in tune with it, but I have not yet found something more appropriate to call it. I am very specific, as you know, and very particular, and it has to be the best option I have for me to use it. This particular program is very hard to describe, title wise and in what it does.

I'm looking forward to hearing what your experiences are. I did my best to make this program as top notch as I could, but one thing I noticed is that every woman I told about it while I was building it was the pointed "What makes you think you could make such a program, as a man?" attitude. As if my intelligence, skill, experience, research and knowledge is entirely negated by my gender. However, I am looking forward to female feedback, because as you know, I have a bit of an obsession with improving on things. Smile

RE: Alpha Female?? Anyone? - Jackie - 10-07-2011

Shannon,

Being a man shouldn't have any effect on how well the program is put together. I don't understand that thinking either. Heck, there are men like Christian Carter who makes his living off telling women how to act around men in relationships and his advice is awesome! He learned so much because he took the time to research, as well as personal experiences. It's sort of like a psychologist studying behavior, they're usually experts on behavior and their gender may cause some personal biases, but most of them learn to overcome that for the betterment of that person. and are incredibly effective therapists because of their knowledge.

I mean, it is true that maybe there are some aspects of women that you won't be able to personally identify with, but you can still know about them through research, interviews, and personal experience, then you can apply that knowledge just as well as any woman could.

With that in mind, I'll be the one creating the next version of alpha male....from a female perspective. Just kidding!

And I agree, finding another title idea is difficult, and I don't think there's really a need to change it at this point.

Today was good. Nothing real obvious to report yet. I've been so overly exhausted and getting over a chest cold, and usually I'd be a little more down in the dumps with that ontop my current schedule, but I'm feeling pretty content....which is something.

BTW, Shannon, hugs for responding to that email todaySmile Muchos gracias kind sir!

(10-06-2011, 08:26 PM)About Wrote: Hey I'm doing massage school too!

Also I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with AF Smile

And whatever you're feeling it can be the sub acting really fast!

Ha! Small world! How far are you? We're just working on FB SW and all the strokes that come with that. It's really fun and I'm learning a lot. Start student clinicals next month with outside people, so should be interesting!